Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-16-2013, 03:57 AM   #1
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251
Default Question..why are people so big on Trout?

His best win is beating a Cotto who had just lost to Floyd.Why is Trout being praised so much for his win over Cotto?Look at the rest of his resume and you have nothing
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 04:02 AM   #2
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Hell, Pac stopped Cotto when Cotto could still fight...................
Farmboxer is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:04 AM   #3
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboxer View Post
No he didnt the ref stopped the fight without a punch landing
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:04 AM   #4
Bladegunner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
When his peds were in full flow
Bladegunner is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:10 AM   #5
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

If you want to talk about peds, then tell me more about Marquez's steroid strength trainer, and don't forgot about Mosley...................Pac has never been shown to take Peds. It was all over the news about Marquez' admitted roid strength trainer who was also the best at showing athletes how to cheat on drug tests. Now, show me the proof that Pac is a drug addict...................I want to see proof............................haven't seen any................
Old 02-16-2013, 04:11 AM   #6
lllegion
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

lol, just like Canelo... so it's a perfect matchup
lllegion is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:12 AM   #7
H .
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 218

Cotto is a nice name to boost your resume. nothing wrong with a little hype juice.
of course Canelo will beat Trout
H . is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:15 AM   #8
Nonito Smoak
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1078

Fights with a solid style, no obvious flaws. He's got good wins. No losses. Fights on the road a lot. Likable guy. Beat Cotto... Pretty much.

Miguel Cotto, Delvin Rodriguez, David Lopez, Rigoberto Alvarez; solid resume but people make it sound like he's an era defining JMW already or something.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:18 AM   #9
gyll
Undetectable
ESB Addict

Quote:
If you want to talk about peds, then tell me more about Marquez's steroid strength trainer, and don't forgot about Mosley...................Pac has never been shown to take Peds. It was all over the news about Marquez' admitted roid strength trainer who was also the best at showing athletes how to cheat on drug tests. Now, show me the proof that Pac is a drug addict...................I want to see proof............................haven't seen any................
Marquez has never turned down any kind of testing. They can both be put under suspicion. But the one thing that will ALWAYS hang over Pac's head is the fact that he refused stringent testing in the past. Funny thing is he said he would go through Floyd's random testing but Pac won't do it with any other boxer. He wouldn't go through it with neither Bradley nor JMM. Odd. I'm inclined to believe he's bluffing. Until he actually goes through it he's one of the biggest suspects in boxing.

Obviously random testing isn't failproof but imagine someone avoiding a lie detector test. Wouldn't you be a bit alarmed? Like drug tests lie detectors aren't always accurate but the major factor here is someone avoiding an easy test that can only help and not hurt his reputation (assuming he's innocent which he is....right?).
gyll is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:25 AM   #10
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
Miguel Cotto, Delvin Rodriguez, David Lopez, Rigoberto Alvarez; solid resume but people make it sound like he's an era defining JMW already or something.
This exactly. Just like Canelo, his biggest wins at this class are against guys who aren't naturally JMWs.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:26 AM   #11
Ahurath
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 235

He's a young prime contender coming of his best win of his career. Did I mention he's undefeated?
Ahurath is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:29 AM   #12
ArtOWAR
Fartdawg
ESB Full Member

vCash: 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyll View Post
marquez has never turned down any kind of testing. They can both be put under suspicion. But the one thing that will always hang over pac's head is the fact that he refused stringent testing in the past. Funny thing is he said he would go through floyd's random testing but pac won't do it with any other boxer. He wouldn't go through it with neither bradley nor jmm. Odd. I'm inclined to believe he's bluffing. Until he actually goes through it he's one of the biggest suspects in boxing.

Obviously random testing isn't failproof but imagine someone avoiding a lie detector test. Wouldn't you be a bit alarmed? Like drug tests lie detectors aren't always accurate but the major factor here is someone avoiding an easy test that can only help and not hurt his reputation (assuming he's innocent which he is....right?).
boom!!!!
ArtOWAR is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:30 AM   #13
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 300

People are big on Trout because of these reasons:
1. He's a legit 154lber who is more skillful than the rest of the 154lbers out there.
2. He is coming off a win against Miguel Cotto. People forget how great he is, he is a future hall of famer. Saying Miguel Cotto 'is coming off a loss' is not entirely accurate. He gave Mayweather the fight of Mayweather's life and although lost, he left the ring at peace and felt as though he didn't legitimately lose. Miguel Cotto was just bullied by Trout. So we have an undefeated, SKILLED fighter coming off a big win against a great fighter and maybe even Alvarez.
3. With that said, the way he bullied Cotto could have a bigger effect on Mayweather due to the size difference. Cotto had a size advantage over Mayweather and was using that to his advantage.

So..Trout can potentially be the man to dethrone Mayweather. It is a legitimate test for Mayweather. If I put my money on anyone to beat Mayweather, it would be Trout.
anj is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:39 AM   #14
Nonito Smoak
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 1078

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
This exactly. Just like Canelo, his biggest wins at this class are against guys who aren't naturally JMWs.
Cotto and Delvin come from 140, 147.

But Lopez is a lifer at 154-160. Rigoberto is actually a career super middleweight, who had only had one fight down at 154 before the Trout fight.

But, the point with Trout are these are his only four wins of any note.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 04:40 AM   #15
Farmboxer
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Big on Trout because of USTV hype......................

I still am waiting for all this proof that Pac is a drug addict and has been for many, many years, please put the proof here:

Need I say anything about Marquez' new strength trainer? It was all over the news. Should still be on video, etc., now, please show me the proof that Pac is a drug addict from way back.....................all you have to do is put it right here. If Pac has taken as many drugs as you have claimed, then he would be dead by now..........................but still...............where is all the proof you have? I want to see it in writing and where is his conviction? When did he make a deal with the court? I can't find any proof myself, so please show me yours.................I really would like to read it.....................

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum