Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-16-2013, 04:42 AM   #16
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 162
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
People are big on Trout because of these reasons:
1. He's a legit 154lber who is more skillful than the rest of the 154lbers out there.
2. He is coming off a win against Miguel Cotto. People forget how great he is, he is a future hall of famer. Saying Miguel Cotto 'is coming off a loss' is not entirely accurate. He gave Mayweather the fight of Mayweather's life and although lost, he left the ring at peace and felt as though he didn't legitimately lose. Miguel Cotto was just bullied by Trout. So we have an undefeated, SKILLED fighter coming off a big win against a great fighter and maybe even Alvarez.
3. With that said, the way he bullied Cotto could have a bigger effect on Mayweather due to the size difference. Cotto had a size advantage over Mayweather and was using that to his advantage.

So..Trout can potentially be the man to dethrone Mayweather. It is a legitimate test for Mayweather. If I put my money on anyone to beat Mayweather, it would be Trout.
This reads well and makes sense.

I will say though however, Mayweather beat Cotto on my card 9-3, can't see it any closer than 8-4. Don't think it was that insanely close. Castillo gave him two fights tougher for sure.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 05:24 AM   #17
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
His best win is beating a Cotto who had just lost to Floyd.Why is Trout being praised so much for his win over Cotto?Look at the rest of his resume and you have nothing
Its obvious Trout presents a real pertinent danger to all at JrMW, he's awkward, massive at the weight, and technically very sound, has a good fast jab, and his hand speed is somewhat blistering by and large.

He's one of those fighters nobody really wants to face
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 05:34 AM   #18
Dipset
Dipset4Ever
ESB Addict

vCash: 639

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
People are big on Trout because of these reasons:
1. He's a legit 154lber who is more skillful than the rest of the 154lbers out there.
2. He is coming off a win against Miguel Cotto. People forget how great he is, he is a future hall of famer. Saying Miguel Cotto 'is coming off a loss' is not entirely accurate. He gave Mayweather the fight of Mayweather's life and although lost, he left the ring at peace and felt as though he didn't legitimately lose. Miguel Cotto was just bullied by Trout. So we have an undefeated, SKILLED fighter coming off a big win against a great fighter and maybe even Alvarez.
3. With that said, the way he bullied Cotto could have a bigger effect on Mayweather due to the size difference. Cotto had a size advantage over Mayweather and was using that to his advantage.

So..Trout can potentially be the man to dethrone Mayweather. It is a legitimate test for Mayweather. If I put my money on anyone to beat Mayweather, it would be Trout.
Carlos Molina is very skilled...
Dipset is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 06:07 AM   #19
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
Cotto and Delvin come from 140, 147.

But Lopez is a lifer at 154-160. Rigoberto is actually a career super middleweight, who had only had one fight down at 154 before the Trout fight.

But, the point with Trout are these are his only four wins of any note.
Right, was referring only to Cotto and Delvin, which I think are significantly better wins than the other two.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #20
ReE13
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

He beat cotto better than Floyd did plus there was no drug testing so cotto could've been juiced to the gills for all we know.
ReE13 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 08:20 AM   #21
Kurushi
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 871

I think relative to other boxers, they aren't that big on him. In fact I'd say he's often underrated.
Kurushi is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 08:24 AM   #22
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2203

On the contrary,I think Trout is over rated,if anything.He is a spoiler and will go to obscurity when Canelo dominates him.He's had his "15 minutes of fame".
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 AM   #23
Kurushi
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 871

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatcity View Post
On the contrary,I think Trout is over rated,if anything.He is a spoiler and will go to obscurity when Canelo dominates him.He's had his "15 minutes of fame".
If he's overrated I think it is to a lesser degree than other boxers are overrated so by contrast it makes it difficult for me to say people are big on him. I'm sure looking forward to the showdown between Trout and Canelo though.
Kurushi is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 08:43 AM   #24
fytelod
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

i pick the fish since he's been underestimated for so long (and he likes that way).
fytelod is online now  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #25
Manfred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I can't speak for anybody else but I am big on Trout because he is straight up genuine about being the best at 154. Regardless of what people say about his record, he has fought and beat whoever was put in his face and has always sought better opponets and bigger fights. He is not a prima dona. He wants to consolidate all 154 lb belts and that is admirable. Plus he doesn't have any big organizations hyping him up. People are playing him cheap and hatin on his skills but cream always rises to the top and Trout is on his way straight up.
Manfred is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 10:09 AM   #26
blackbolt396
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manfred View Post
I can't speak for anybody else but I am big on Trout because he is straight up genuine about being the best at 154. Regardless of what people say about his record, he has fought and beat whoever was put in his face and has always sought better opponets and bigger fights. He is not a prima dona. He wants to consolidate all 154 lb belts and that is admirable. Plus he doesn't have any big organizations hyping him up. People are playing him cheap and hatin on his skills but cream always rises to the top and Trout is on his way straight up.
Tell them again!
blackbolt396 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 10:18 AM   #27
MrPR
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

I wasnt impressed with his performance against Cotto . Cotto looked completely sluggish and weak , and he still won 5 rnds against Trout in my eyes . Overall Trout won the fight , He beat Miguel and theres no arguing that . I love whenever theres new talent in boxing , but sadly i was disappointed when i saw Cotto/Trout , Austin didnt look good to me and failed to impress me .

Last edited by MrPR; 02-16-2013 at 11:07 AM.
MrPR is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 05:35 PM   #28
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251

How many legit 154 fighters has this guy beat?
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 05:37 PM   #29
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

He's skilled and has a difficult style.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 05:40 PM   #30
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 162

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPR View Post
I wasnt impressed with his performance against Cotto . Cotto looked completely sluggish and weak , and he still won 5 rnds against Trout in my eyes . Overall Trout won the fight , He beat Miguel and theres no arguing that . I love whenever theres new talent in boxing , but sadly i was disappointed when i saw Cotto/Trout , Austin didnt look good to me and failed to impress me .
The other day somebody gave me shit for scoring it 7-5 Trout claiming it was wider and that I was bias. I was like, "uh, think it might be the other way around, bro." Plus, I really didn't think that Trout took the shots that well, considering Cotto was gassed and pressing, not getting full power on his shots, it seemed.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum