Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 11:10 AM   #46
Bushbaby
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandeedo View Post
if you still rate cotto highly, which i dont, then you might be impressed with trouts so called "skills". if you think floyd is the best at 154, which i dont, then you might be impressed with how trout beat someone who gave floyd such a tough fight. trout is is a solid world class fighter who i dont consider in the running for best fighter at 154. canelo, [COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"][COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]who i do consider in the running for best fighter at 154[/color][/color], will beat trout a lot more convincingly than trout or floyd beat cotto and will put the whole thing into perspective.
Can you please explain the bold & how you've come to that conclusion.
Bushbaby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 11:20 AM   #47
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 123,008
vCash: 35250
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandeedo View Post
if you still rate cotto highly, which i dont
Oh, that's convenient.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bandeedo View Post
if you think floyd is the best at 154, which i dont
Oh, how shocking in light of your previous statement.



Couldn't possibly be a trend forming here, could there?
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:30 AM   #48
bandeedo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,905
vCash: 1115
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
Can you please explain the bold & how you've come to that conclusion.
by watching them fight and determining that there are a number of fighters that would beat him soundly, in my opinion. naturally, i would put anyone who i think could beat trout but not sure if they could beat everybody, in the running for best at 154.
bandeedo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:35 AM   #49
Higher Animal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 145
vCash: 500
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

I'm a fan of Trout, but...

Compared to both Mayweather and Pacquiao's fights against Cotto he was less impressive. He couldn't walk down Cotto. I'm surprised at all the "he dominated" commentary from boxing folks considering every Cotto hook and jab stopped the *much* bigger Trout in his place.

Trout is a skilled boxer but noticeably less imposing than his weight would suggest. Moreover, he's clearly not as fast as Mayweather Jr..

I think Alvarez will hurt Trout. Reason being that Alvarez will counter punch Mexican style, taking blows while dishing them out.

This is an easy Alvarez win.
Higher Animal is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:36 AM   #50
bandeedo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,905
vCash: 1115
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
Oh, that's convenient.

convenient to what?


Oh, how shocking in light of your previous statement.

did you expect inconsistency in my argument?

Couldn't possibly be a trend forming here, could there?
of course theres a trend, why would i contradict myself?
bandeedo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #51
Bushbaby
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandeedo View Post
by watching them fight and determining that there are a number of fighters that would beat him soundly, in my opinion. naturally, i would put anyone who i think could beat trout but not sure if they could beat everybody, in the running for best at 154.
Ok, lets try it this way, what has ginger done, or who exactly has he beaten to make you say he's better than Trout??
Bushbaby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:06 PM   #52
bandeedo
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,905
vCash: 1115
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
Ok, lets try it this way, what has ginger done, or who exactly has he beaten to make you say he's better than Trout??
no one at 154 has any great wins or done anything that puts them clearly above everyone else, so of course i cant base my predictions on a boxrec analysis. i take everything into account surrounding the fighters when i try and determine who beats who. who they fought, when, how they looked, where theyre at career wise, etc... sometimes the result is obvious to me, sometimes its more of a gut feeling. im not always correct but im correct often enough to place confidence in my picks.
between canelo and trout, i dont think trout is comfortable enough taking shots from someone as powerful as canelo to be able to win. hes not good enough defensively to avoid geting hit while punishing canelo enough to win. conversely, i think canelo is willing and able to take anything trout can throw in order to punish ttrout enough to sway the judges in his favor or even ko trout if his chin isnt really solid.
bandeedo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:11 PM   #53
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunny View Post
Have you seen him fight? He looks very good with no big weaknesses that stand out. A very solid boxer.
He doesn't like in fighting, he damn near turns his back and run, when someone gets close, a righthand less Cotto that couldn't even pull the trigger on his jab didnt have it in him to expose this. I'm not fully sold on his chin either he seemed bothered by some of Cotto's shots at times, while Floyd had no fears of walking through those pillows
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:25 PM   #54
seansanashee
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 1,651
vCash: 75
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Trout vs Canelo will be a huge fight. Both are very good fighters.

I think Trout is a technically better boxer and will be victorious.

I don't know why a lot of you guys are talking shit about them. They are both world title holders and unbeaten, about to fight each other. This fight is very good for boxing.
seansanashee is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #55
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,566
vCash: 75
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by seansanashee View Post
Trout vs Canelo will be a huge fight. Both are very good fighters.

I think Trout is a technically better boxer and will be victorious.

I don't know why a lot of you guys are talking shit about them. They are both world title holders and unbeaten, about to fight each other. This fight is very good for boxing.
Because they're the same guys who dont like Canelo.

They're trying to pre-emptively belittle Canelos possible win.

Before the fight was signed,they all said Canelo was afraid to fight Trout.

Now they're saying Trout wasnt that good to begin with.

At the risk of sounding ****y, I saw it coming a mile away.
irishny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:47 PM   #56
acie2g
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 1,283
vCash: 500
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Don't no much about trout but i to feel he's being over hyped a bit based on the cotto win i honestly felt going into the championship rounds cotto was still in the fight but had to win 10-12 to pull out the decision an thats coming from someone who considers cotto one of the most overrated guys in the last decade. That said looking at the guys at 154 nobody has that real standout win so if anyone at 154 deserve the hype its him, hopefully Trout-Alvarez gives us some clarity on who the best is at the weight
acie2g is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:48 PM   #57
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,911
vCash: 500
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishny View Post
Because they're the same guys who dont like Canelo.

They're trying to pre-emptively belittle Canelos possible win.

Before the fight was signed,they all said Canelo was afraid to fight Trout.

Now they're saying Trout wasnt that good to begin with.

At the risk of sounding ****y, I saw it coming a mile away.
Ginger will still get his ass whooped, Trout just aint shit either
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:08 PM   #58
Bushbaby
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandeedo View Post
no one at 154 has any great wins or done anything that puts them clearly above everyone else, so of course i cant base my predictions on a boxrec analysis. i take everything into account surrounding the fighters when i try and determine who beats who. who they fought, when, how they looked, where theyre at career wise, etc... sometimes the result is obvious to me, sometimes its more of a gut feeling. im not always correct but im correct often enough to place confidence in my picks.
between canelo and trout, i dont think trout is comfortable enough taking shots from someone as powerful as canelo to be able to win. hes not good enough defensively to avoid geting hit while punishing canelo enough to win. conversely, i think canelo is willing and able to take anything trout can throw in order to punish ttrout enough to sway the judges in his favor or even ko trout if his chin isnt really solid.
How do you know how much power ginger really has though?? In fact didn't the only real halfway decent at best jr middleweight (Rhodes), go the distance with him?? He's only fought 1 fighter, (Rhodes), who belonged anywhere near a top 10 ranking at 154.

So going off of this fact, how do you know ginger posses this (amazing) power you speak of?? I for 1 simply cannot say he's this (powerful) fighter. And the only thing that seems somewhat reasonable that I've gathered from you is that all you have to go on is a gut feeling & nothing more.
Bushbaby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #59
irishny
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 7,566
vCash: 75
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
How do you know how much power ginger really has though?? In fact didn't the only real halfway decent at best jr middleweight (Rhodes), go the distance with him?? He's only fought 1 fighter, (Rhodes), who belonged anywhere near a top 10 ranking at 154.

So going off of this fact, how do you know ginger posses this (amazing) power you speak of?? I for 1 simply cannot say he's this (powerful) fighter. And the only thing that seems somewhat reasonable that I've gathered from you is that all you have to go on is a gut feeling & nothing more.
You dont think Cintron deserved to be a top 10 LMW?
irishny is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #60
Bushbaby
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 156
vCash: 500
Default Re: Question..why are people so big on Trout?

Cintron?? As in Kermit?? That 1 guy that loss all of 10 rounds to Molina & ended up on espn & barely even winning that fight?? That guy?? Nope, do you??
Bushbaby is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013