boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 02:53 PM   #136
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,132
vCash: 81
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Like I've said on a few threads mate, on the next Wingy podcast I'm going to let rip at him publicly (or at least in the most public way I can think of, the podcast is doing well). I've had enough of him turning his nose up at boxing fans like us. His attitude is pre-historic and he needs to be taken to task.
I agree and by all means speak your mind but be careful mate, going too overboard may show you in a bad light and that might overshadow the real point you are trying to make.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #137
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,586
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

i think most people back you paulie but you are going over the top.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:00 PM   #138
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 416
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
i think most people back you paulie but you are going over the top.
Fair enough, I probably am, but I'll still say what I want to say about him. I'm this angry because he slagged off me and the podcast I do with Wingy and people who do stuff similar, called us fools and clueless ****s who aren't true fans. He's the one who took it too far, not me.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:22 PM   #139
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 5,586
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Fair enough, I probably am, but I'll still say what I want to say about him. I'm this angry because he slagged off me and the podcast I do with Wingy and people who do stuff similar, called us fools and clueless ****s who aren't true fans. He's the one who took it too far, not me.
so be the bigger man. slagging him off is what he wants. what he doesn't want is for your podcast to become popular. so put your efforts into that. plenty of people wanna listen to boxing, they don't wanna listen to you slagging of bunce.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:31 PM   #140
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 416
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
so be the bigger man. slagging him off is what he wants. what he doesn't want is for your podcast to become popular. so put your efforts into that. plenty of people wanna listen to boxing, they don't wanna listen to you slagging of bunce.
Perhaps you're right to be honest. I'll have a think about it.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:33 PM   #141
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 6,355
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

I want to hear about boxing and slagging off of Bunce


who is he the untouchable ?

go for it man

whats your link ?
doylexxx is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:35 PM   #142
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 416
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by doylexxx View Post
I want to hear about boxing and slagging off of Bunce


who is he the untouchable ?

go for it man

whats your link ?
Here's the link. If I do rant at him then it would be on the next edition. Like I said though, not sure if I will now. Jonesy made some very good points.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #143
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,960
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Be careful Paulie, the last time that a thread got out of hand about buncey the forum got shut down for a day.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #144
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
Be careful Paulie, the last time that a thread got out of hand about buncey the forum got shut down for a day.
Wasn't it because someone claimed something libellous?

There's a lot of terrible behaviour on forums and then a massive sense of entitlement when held to account for it.

Incidentally, Paulie - Bunce was out of line. But you don't need to be as pathetic as he is. Show him up by simply ignoring him.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 PM   #145
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,132
vCash: 81
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Perhaps you're right to be honest. I'll have a think about it.
That's not to say you can't be critical of him, just find a manner in which works best, balance your argument with the odd bit of praise of him, to get the most effect and to make him look bad you need to be shown to be the more grown up one, which shouldn't be too hard given some of Buncey's recent comments.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 03:50 PM   #146
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 416
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
Wasn't it because someone claimed something libellous?

There's a lot of terrible behaviour on forums and then a massive sense of entitlement when held to account for it.

Incidentally, Paulie - Bunce was out of line. But you don't need to be as pathetic as he is. Show him up by simply ignoring him.
You're probably right. Part me of though doesn't want to just let it go because who does he think he is? I'm don't mean to toot my own horn but since the podcast started it's got a fair bit of attention I believe. People like Kugan Cassius, Steve Lillis, and apparently Eddie Hearn listen or have listened to at least one of them I'm pretty sure. I want to publicly let rip at the big phony *****, let him know once and for all what internet boxing fans think of him and his snobbish attitude. If you try to do it on twitter he just goes berserk and eventually blocks you. If I do it on the podcast then I guarantee it will get back to him somehow and he'll hear it. And ****ing off Buncey would make my day.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:05 PM   #147
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 10,403
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
You're probably right. Part me of though doesn't want to just let it go because who does he think he is? I'm don't mean to toot my own horn but since the podcast started it's got a fair bit of attention I believe. People like Kugan Cassius, Steve Lillis, and apparently Eddie Hearn listen or have listened to at least one of them I'm pretty sure. I want to publicly let rip at the big phony *****, let him know once and for all what internet boxing fans think of him and his snobbish attitude. If you try to do it on twitter he just goes berserk and eventually blocks you. If I do it on the podcast then I guarantee it will get back to him somehow and he'll hear it. And ****ing off Buncey would make my day.
There's the reason you shouldn't let rip. He's probably the best known, most successful boxing writer in the UK right now. He writes for The Independent, ESPN, Boxing Monthly, and features on Box Nation. So when you say, "Who does he think he is?", he'd likely reply, "What have you done?"

You might not like him, you might have a group of folk on forums who don't like him, but you don't speak for the majority. Taking that tack will always get you shot down in the long run.

He knows most of the fighters in the UK, he's often watched them coming up as amateurs (and he still attends a lot of grassroots events). When Setanta collapsed he took the Boxing Hour on the road, on his own dime, and made sure he gave everyone coverage. Those things make him respected in the industry. It's why he can phone fighters up and get interviews with them - on the strength of his reputation.

I totally understand why you're angry with him, but I don't think you're making the right argument.

Take that for what it's worth, but you come across as a smart, erudite guy. I wouldn't get sucked into it and possibly put yourself in the wrong.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:09 PM   #148
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 416
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dftaylor View Post
There's the reason you shouldn't let rip. He's probably the best known, most successful boxing writer in the UK right now. He writes for The Independent, ESPN, Boxing Monthly, and features on Box Nation. So when you say, "Who does he think he is?", he'd likely reply, "What have you done?"

You might not like him, you might have a group of folk on forums who don't like him, but you don't speak for the majority. Taking that tack will always get you shot down in the long run.

He knows most of the fighters in the UK, he's often watched them coming up as amateurs (and he still attends a lot of grassroots events). When Setanta collapsed he took the Boxing Hour on the road, on his own dime, and made sure he gave everyone coverage. Those things make him respected in the industry. It's why he can phone fighters up and get interviews with them - on the strength of his reputation.

I totally understand why you're angry with him, but I don't think you're making the right argument.

Take that for what it's worth, but you come across as a smart, erudite guy. I wouldn't get sucked into it and possibly put yourself in the wrong.
You've convinced me.

I'll just do the right thing and ignore him. Hopefully the biggest thumb in his eye would be if the podcast were able to reach a similar level in popularity as his, all without the budget and attention his gets. He hates it whenever fans or the "do it for free brigade" as he calls us have success.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:42 PM   #149
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chester
Posts: 1,505
vCash: 500
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Don't be a girl, go sick! Nothing's going to effect you and might **** the old **** off even more
smegmaa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 04:47 PM   #150
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Liverpool, England
Posts: 1,934
vCash: 416
Default Re: Bunce beefing the BN Team on Twitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ******a View Post
Don't be a girl, go sick! Nothing's going to effect you and might **** the old **** off even more
I don't want to do it then have people on here and twitter sending me hate, calling me an attention-seeker and stuff like they did to Wingy when he had his fracas with Bunce. Honest to God, it's not about trying to get attention, at least not for me. The podcast is doing alrigh as it is. It would just be me being a fan who's finally standing up to him sort of thing. I'm just not sure what to do. Both options are tempting.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:00 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015