Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-16-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
Fnatic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 324
Default Gary Corish wins again.

Stopped Jakov Gospic Tko4.

This guy should start fighting on some good undercards (Saunders, Price)

Ive only seen him live once but if this guy is what people seem to think he is then he could go for the British title once Price vacates, maybe put him in with Dallas next (Seems Winnable) then make that McD fight for the Vacant.
Fnatic is online now  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: Gary Corish wins again.

He badly, BADLY needs to step his level of opposition up. He should be looking to overtake Whyte's position really. Whyte before the issue he got himself into a nice position of fighting on a regular basis but also moving up nicely.

Gary needs some tests now, These fights are appalling..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
alba
Guess who?
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnatic View Post
Stopped Jakov Gospic Tko4.

This guy should start fighting on some good undercards (Saunders, Price)

Ive only seen him live once but if this guy is what people seem to think he is then he could go for the British title once Price vacates, maybe put him in with Dallas next (Seems Winnable) then make that McD fight for the Vacant.
aye im sure his promotor and manager is going to let his fighter fight on a ****** undercard
alba is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 11:59 AM   #4
Fnatic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alba View Post
aye im sure his promotor and manager is going to let his fighter fight on a ****** undercard
Sorry?
Old 02-16-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
Fnatic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
He badly, BADLY needs to step his level of opposition up. He should be looking to overtake Whyte's position really. Whyte before the issue he got himself into a nice position of fighting on a regular basis but also moving up nicely.

I can't rate how good he is atm, I saw this Gospic guy fight Skelton on the Price Harison undercard, he was short and out of shape, so I doubt he even tested him. McDermott, Skelton or even Zack Page are good at exposing fighters, if he is to fight Dallas next which is a big step up (all jokes aside) he can punch and if you can't beat him your not going anywhere above British level. Then if he beats Dallas convincingly then put him up against one of the above.
Old 02-16-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648

Quote:

I think he needs more time at this level. I was talking to him a couple of weeks ago down Birtley and he only had 9 amateurs. I think they need to move him but but steadily.

I think the McDermott vs. Skelton 2 loser will be a good next fight.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 12:51 PM   #7
Fnatic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
I think he needs more time at this level. I was talking to him a couple of weeks ago down Birtley and he only had 9 amateurs. I think they need to move him but but steadily.

McDermott Skelton 2? When's that.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:04 PM   #8
On The Money
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Move him too quickly and he'll unravel, he needs to build slowly.
On The Money is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:09 PM   #9
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnatic View Post
McDermott Skelton 2? When's that.
I saw some where on here that they're fighting for the English title in a rematch soon. I think a bout on that card or around the same time against someone like Dallas, then against the loser of MS v JMD 2 then maybe against the winner then against someone like Towers.

That's the type of route I'd have planned, guy didn't have many amateurs so he needs a little bit more time in the pros imo.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:23 PM   #10
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post

Your right about needing more time but the level he's fighting at well. It's not even fighting it's hitting fat blokes for fun which for me isn't really benefiting him bar his record improving and getting paid for it.

I think he needs progressive steps. Fighting competitive fights he's now 13-0 stick him in with someone who's going to throw back. The boys got ability and needs to have some fights that prepare him for domestic match ups against likes of Skelton,McDermott etc.

I'd stick him in with Dallas, Adams (if or when he comes back?) and fighting Commonwealth fighters. Gary needs competitive fights, guys to hit him and he can go back watch tape and say i did this wrong and need to do this to correct it.

You go stale fighting this level, It breeds bad habits IMHO.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:28 PM   #11
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Watched him last night and he was decent enough but he is crying out for higher opposition. Activity is good however he needs to be put on a biggish show where they can get a bigger name in with him. He has been bit of a crusierweight destroyer so far. Dallas/Cornish would be like watching Real Steel, the battle of two robots.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #12
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Your right about needing more time but the level he's fighting at well. It's not even fighting it's hitting fat blokes for fun which for me isn't really benefiting him bar his record improving and getting paid for it.

I think he needs progressive steps. Fighting competitive fights he's now 13-0 stick him in with someone who's going to throw back. The boys got ability and needs to have some fights that prepare him for domestic match ups against likes of Skelton,McDermott etc.

I'd stick him in with Dallas, Adams (if or when he comes back?) and fighting Commonwealth fighters. Gary needs competitive fights, guys to hit him and he can go back watch tape and say i did this wrong and need to do this to correct it.

You go stale fighting this level, It breeds bad habits IMHO.
aye, sorry get what you mean more now. needs better tests now, n guys like dallas and adams would be perfect at this stage. your right about that last point as well too much of this makes you stale but still a long way off guys like chisora or perez, even fraudly would be a bit of a risk atm but he isn't far away from a test like him or rogan
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #13
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

***ton/Cornish would be interesting.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #14
Fnatic
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
***ton/Cornish would be interesting.
Too early for ***ton atm, most people don't think much of him after the Price slaughtering. ***ton gave Chisora trouble and is better than McD and Skelton.
Old 02-16-2013, 02:07 PM   #15
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Maybe depending on whether he sells fair few tickets or not. If he doesnt id say its a calculated risk to fight ***ton. He has a good jab and with ***ton he wont get to roughed up which can be the biggest problem when heavyweights step up. A commonwealth eliminator against ***ton would be enough of a carrot to dangle infront of ***ton for him to take the fight. If not a fight with rogie for the celtic title would be fun but i think rogan would trouble him on the inside.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum