Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500
Default 2 "official" losses in a row and Pac is still the biggest $ fight for Floyd!

This can not be disputed. Not Canelo nor Martinez, nor Marquez II will generate more money for Floyd than Pacquiao. If you ask me this irks Floyd. He has worked so hard to maintain his undefeated record yet his arch nemesis who had just lost his last 2 fights would STILL make for the richest fight in boxing.

Canelo would be big but not HUGE. He's big in Mexico but not as a worldwide star such as Pac.

Martinez would be big but would pull in less money than a fight than both Pac and Canelo due to limited Argentinian fanbase along with limited casual fanbase.

A rematch against JMM would draw some interest after his KO win against Pac but given the fact that their first fight was non competitive it also would draw little interest.

The fact that Floyd is still asked by interviewers about the possibility of a showdown with Pac shows that there is still much interest in this fight.
osreyes77 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 11:07 PM   #2
MoJoGoodie
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: 2 "official" losses in a row and Pac is still the biggest $ fight for Floyd!

I think Canelo or Pac would be in he same ball park now....i could be wrong...
MoJoGoodie is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 233
Default Re: 2 "official" losses in a row and Pac is still the biggest $ fight for Floyd!

I never thought I'd see you again
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #4
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoJoGoodie View Post
I think Canelo or Pac would be in he same ball park now....i could be wrong...
Most casual Americans are not that familiar with Canelo. Those who do know him know him as the red headed boxer from Mexico. He would need a high profile dramatic fight in order for this to be huge.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:11 PM   #5
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
I never thought I'd see you again
What are u a scorned ex lover? Who are u?
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 PM   #6
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by osreyes77 View Post
What are u a scorned ex lover? Who are u?
do you want to revisit your old thread?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Old 02-22-2013, 11:21 PM   #7
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballchump11 View Post
do you want to revisit your old thread?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
U must be a ESB poster stalker. I havent posted here in the longest time yet you know me as if I'm a person who gave u the best *** you ever had then walked out of your life.

I created a thread. Either give your thoughts or scram.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:32 PM   #8
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

I didn't read your dumbass OP
Old 02-23-2013, 01:23 PM   #9
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnePunchKO View Post
I think that the ONLY bigger fight (PPV-wise) is a showdown w/ Maravilla, but even then I wouldn't bet on it making more $$$ than Pacquiao-Mayweather.
A fight with Martinez would do maybe a little better than half of what a fight between Floyd and Pac did despite Pac's recent losses. Pac is still a worldwide boxing icon with a very exciting fan friendly style. Fighters like him dont lose popularity.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:26 PM   #10
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

I am not so sure I agree with this to be honest, I think depending on the Trout Canelo fight, well Canelo lets be real maybe not worldwide as you said but his fan base is strong and Mexicans do come out to the fights they do order the PPV events. He has fans in the right places in other words.... I think Canelo may be the biggest money fight should he impress with Trout
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 01:27 PM   #11
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26665

I want Bballchump11 and Osreyes77 to send each other a friend request.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #12
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxed Ears View Post
I want Bballchump11 and Osreyes77 to send each other a friend request.
Old 02-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #13
osreyes77
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
I am not so sure I agree with this to be honest, I think depending on the Trout Canelo fight, well Canelo lets be real maybe not worldwide as you said but his fan base is strong and Mexicans do come out to the fights they do order the PPV events. He has fans in the right places in other words.... I think Canelo may be the biggest money fight should he impress with Trout
Trout's style makes his opponents look bad even if you were to defeat him. I dont think one win over a guy like Trout who is also unknown to the boxing masses would put Canelo on the big stage and noticed by casuals. He's huge in Mexico but not in the states just yet. He needs a big breakthrough fight against a popular opponent first.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:24 PM   #14
rodney
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

No.
Canelo or Martinez --- much bigger.
And if Pac fights Floyd, Floyd gets 89 mil, Pac 5 mil.
Thats all he is worth.
Cant win a fight.
rodney is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 02:28 PM   #15
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by osreyes77 View Post
Trout's style makes his opponents look bad even if you were to defeat him. I dont think one win over a guy like Trout who is also unknown to the boxing masses would put Canelo on the big stage and noticed by casuals. He's huge in Mexico but not in the states just yet. He needs a big breakthrough fight against a popular opponent first.
Which is why he is promised a Mayweather fight in Sept, Now should Canelo beat the breaks off of Trout, its not out of the question that he can pull off a win against Floyd.
Bazooka is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum