Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 02-27-2013, 02:26 PM   #1
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Luca Giacon Vs Emiliano Marsili- Vacant EBU Lightweight

A really good, all Italian clash for the European belt on 9th March. Both are unbeaten and from what I have seen look like decen prospects, as good as Italy has produced for a while in any case.

I'd fancy Giacon slightly but I wouldn't be shocked if Marsili took it. Who do you fancy for it?
JFT96 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #2
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 36829
Default Re: Luca Giacon Vs Emiliano Marsili- Vacant EBU Lightweight

Big step up for Black Mamba. Marsili's best conquest (Matthews) is well ahead of Giacon's (Szot). Plus he's a southpaw, with excellent head movement...and they're doing this in Marsili's home town.

Then again, Giacon is twelve years his junior, much more athletic and explosive, and at least an inch taller.

Even though Marsili himself specializes in body punching - having sunk Dirty Derry with it - I expect that to be the area in which Giacon outdoes him, one in which he is an absolute monster.

Giacon by tight decision or maybe late stoppage depending on how Emiliano handles getting paddled.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Old 03-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #3
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Some fight that, even if it was short!!!

Giacon's very strong jab was something I felt would be key in the fight and would allow him to dictate in the main but there looked to be a difference in levels in there tonight. Marsili is the more refined fighter and looks far more dangerous with his style. I wasn't sure how to rate the Derry win, despite it being so decisive, but tonight has convinced me now that he can go far and be a big force at 135. A World title at some point down the line is a definite possibility.

Tonight has just reaffirmed some of the worries I had previously about Giacon. He's young and can definitely come again but his assets of the jab and handspeed that he possesses aren't best utilised in his current style IMO. I've said after his last two fights that I could see him making European level at best because I don't think he's as powerful as his record may indicate and his punch variety isn't anything to write home about. This fight was the first time he has had a real test and he appeared to be a bit of a rabbit caught in the headlights but you never know, maybe that will be to his benefit and see him going back to the drawing board. He's clearly got raw talent but has to mature and recognize how best to take advantage of it.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 11:43 PM   #4
kmanaG
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Fantastic fight, felt the stoppage was slightly premature but Giacon was never going to recover.
kmanaG is offline  Top
Old 03-14-2013, 11:30 AM   #5
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 36829

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanaG View Post
Fantastic fight, felt the stoppage was slightly premature but Giacon was never going to recover.
IntentionalButt is online now  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum