boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140
Brone Diggity 8 36.36%
Fatton 14 63.64%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2013, 03:39 AM   #1
Slyk
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 2,947
vCash: 4000
Default Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

Broner has those sharp counters, and Hatton was always there to be hit. Prime Hatton was very determined though. Would the roaring crowd for 10,000 loyal supporters carry Hatton on like in the Mayweather fight? Would Broner's superior speed be too much? This is a very interesting hypothetical match up.

What do you think, ESB?
Slyk is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:42 AM   #2
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rugby, Engerland.
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 75
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

hatton easily, look how many bod shots Rees landed......


.....unfortunately Hatton has almost become a myth and people (yanks) only see him for his 2 losses to the worlds best....admittedly he also lost to some nobody but that was after years out....he was on tv last night...kept himself in shape.
Arran is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #3
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,488
vCash: 412
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

Broner woulda landed every punch in the book against him
style is all wrong for Hatton
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links


Old 02-17-2013, 03:43 AM   #4
Sweet-D-Willy
Tha Realest
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: L.A.
Posts: 4,245
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

don't know how broner would deal with someone that brings so much pressure. it wasn't easy what floyd did to hatton. but i think Broner has got the power to crack that chin.
Sweet-D-Willy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:45 AM   #5
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rugby, Engerland.
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 75
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
Broner woulda landed every punch in the book against him
style is all wrong for Hatton
broner looks good when hes given space and he can use his flashy counters....rees had him on the back foot and he threw **** all.
Arran is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:45 AM   #6
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,130
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

I can safely say that Broner would pick apart guys like Rios, and Khan at 140.

But I have to at least see him at 140 before I go picking him over the likes of a prime Hatton.

At this point, I'd pick Ricky. If Broner can dominate 140, we can re-evaluate this matchup.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:46 AM   #7
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: London
Posts: 6,488
vCash: 412
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
broner looks good when hes given space and he can use his flashy counters....rees had him on the back foot and he threw **** all.
but Ress didnt land any hard shots, tappin Broner in the face is easy hittin him with a solid punch is a whole different story
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:47 AM   #8
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,773
vCash: 129
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

Floyd is Broner X 20, Hatton was Rees X 20. Hatton gets inside on Broner and handles him there. Broner's body would suffer.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:48 AM   #9
brnxhands
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Bronx ny
Posts: 4,954
vCash: 495
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

Ricky was no joke at 140
brnxhands is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 AM   #10
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rugby, Engerland.
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 75
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
but Ress didnt land any hard shots, tappin Broner in the face is easy hittin him with a solid punch is a whole different story
he landed like 100 times...if rees had hatton power you think he would just have stood there smiling?
Arran is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:49 AM   #11
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,130
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
broner looks good when hes given space and he can use his flashy counters....rees had him on the back foot and he threw **** all.
Ok, let's get over the Rees fight already.

Rees didn't do ANYTHING that actually troubled Broner. If you can't see that, I dunno what to tell you.

Broner gave away the first 2 rounds bull****ting and biding his time.

Once he stopped playing around and let his hands go in the 3rd, it became the mismatch we all knew it was.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:52 AM   #12
steviebruno
ESB NYC Delegate
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,238
vCash: 500
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

It's hard to pick a Broner wipeout here. Prime Hatton was good enough to trouble Mayweather for half a fight, and Broner's right hand still seems awkward when fired in close.

Overall, Broner is P4P just a better fighter than Hatton. I'm not sure how that translate at 140, though, where Hatton was freakishly strong.

Broner's still improving, though. His left hook looked much more compact than I remember seeing it in previous fights.
steviebruno is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:53 AM   #13
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rugby, Engerland.
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 75
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosive View Post
Ok, let's get over the Rees fight already.

Rees didn't do ANYTHING that actually troubled Broner. If you can't see that, I dunno what to tell you.

Broner gave away the first 2 rounds bull****ting and biding his time.

Once he stopped playing around and let his hands go in the 3rd, it became the mismatch we all knew it was.
yes...because rees has no power. had rees got hatton power there would have been a different fight...had rees had hatton pressure......

he throws **** all when hes on the backfoot, he hopes to counter the opponent to death...when broner steps up to euro level or world level he cant do that ****.
Arran is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:54 AM   #14
Arran
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Rugby, Engerland.
Posts: 4,892
vCash: 75
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steviebruno View Post
It's hard to pick a Broner wipeout here. Prime Hatton was good enough to trouble Mayweather for half a fight, and Broner's right hand still seems awkward when fired in close.

Overall, Broner is P4P just a better fighter than Hatton. I'm not sure how that translate at 140, though, where Hatton was freakishly strong.

Broner's still improving, though. His left hook looked much more compact than I remember seeing it in previous fights.
because he beat who?? Rees? who else he beat?
Arran is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 03:55 AM   #15
Xplosive
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 8,130
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Broner vs. Hatton @ 140. A trip to Checkhooksville?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arran View Post
yes...because rees has no power. had rees got hatton power there would have been a different fight...had rees had hatton pressure......

he throws **** all when hes on the backfoot, he hopes to counter the opponent to death...when broner steps up to euro level or world level he cant do that ****.


I think Broner's already far past bum ass Euro level.
Xplosive is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015