Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Goldenboy UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoggy7188 View Post
Dont rule out itv ...
Yeah, right.

Wouldn't they rather Dance on Ice or X-Factor it?
Trail is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-18-2013, 03:12 PM   #17
jcairns1
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Broner says he'd love to fight in the UK, maybe they could get him against Burns on one of the UK cards.
jcairns1 is offline  Top
Old 02-18-2013, 04:06 PM   #18
StWerburghs
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1673

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
I've said this before, I doubt very much Golden Boy will succeed. There's just no room for them over here in the British market, Matchroom and FWP have got it under lock and key. Hatton and Maloney barely get a look in and Hennessy would be nothing without Fury and his channel 5 deal.

If GB think they can do the same things they do America over here and expect it to succeed then they're in for a very rude awakening. As Eddie Hearn said in his latest IFilmLndn interview, the British boxing fans and the American boxing fans are totally different. Like chalk and cheese. Trying to push Amir Khan as the face of Golden Boy is a bad move, he's hated over here by the majority and Anthony Ogogo hasn't achieved anything yet. If he's rammed down the public's throat as a big superstar just because he won an Olympic medal then that's a minefield, look at the BBC and Audley Harrison. What a disaster that was.

The only positive thing I can think of is hopefully they'll bring some of those ****ing gorgeous Corona girls with them.
I think that why they are keeping it small.
Just a few fighters so they can test the water. If things workout they can look to expand, but they obviously know its a tough nut to crack.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcairns1 View Post
Broner says he'd love to fight in the UK, maybe they could get him against Burns on one of the UK cards.
This is one time I think a Mayweather comparison is warranted. Broner wont travel outside the US again, Especially not to the UK.
I think his Mexico trip for Litzau was the farthest we will see him go.

But I hope I am wrong, and he comes to UK to fight Burns. I would be there in a shot. What a great event it would be for the UK.
StWerburghs is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 05:09 PM   #19
bronze_bandit
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

yeah good shout stwerburghs - as you say they'll be testing the water an building the brand slowly
bronze_bandit is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum