Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2013, 08:56 AM   #16
Son of Gaul
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: The Abyss
Posts: 7,443
vCash: 248
Default Re: The worst stretch in the careers of top fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Gaul View Post
Leg swings...
Obviously a joke on my part.
Son of Gaul is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-19-2013, 06:59 PM   #17
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 162
Default Re: The worst stretch in the careers of top fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Michael Katsidis post his TKO9 loss to JMM:

L UD12 Guerrero, W KO3 Michael Lozada, L UD12 Ricky Burns, L MD10 Albert Mensah
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Juan Diaz following his TKO9 loss to JMM:

W UD12 Paulie Malignaggi, L UD12 Paulie Malignaggi, L UD12 Juan Manuel Marquez
Joel Casamayor following his TKO11 loss to JMM:

W UD8 Jason Davis, L UD10 Robert Guerrero, W SD10 Manuel Leyva, L TKO8 Timothy Bradley

Rocky Juarez following his UD loss to JMM at the end of 2007, all the way to the present:

W TKO11 Jorge Barrios, D Chris John, L UD Chris John II, L TD7 Jason Litzau, L UD10 Jorge Linares, L UD12 Alejandro Sanabria, L UD10 Vicente Escobedo, L UD10 Andrew Cancio, W TKO8 Antonio Escalante
Nonito Smoak is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #18
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Trying to make a dollar
Posts: 9,603
vCash: 5174
Default Re: The worst stretch in the careers of top fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zopilote View Post
Juan Diaz following his TKO9 loss to JMM:

W UD12 Paulie Malignaggi, L UD12 Paulie Malignaggi, L UD12 Juan Manuel Marquez
And that could very easily be three straight losses if not for Texas officiating. Gale Van Hoye stuck again that night.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #19
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Trying to make a dollar
Posts: 9,603
vCash: 5174
Default Re: The worst stretch in the careers of top fighters.

Margarito from the time his wraps were discovered.

KTFO by Mosley in 9, UD W Roberto Garcia, UD whitewash loss to Pac, TKO9 by Cotto.

Agreed those were mostly top fighters, but a swift and severe close to a formerly top career.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 08:02 PM   #20
Vantage_West
ヒップホッププロデューサー
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: 黒人文化の恋人のサンプリ
Posts: 10,027
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The worst stretch in the careers of top fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
Martinez-none??he literally fought no 1 before the Cinton fight
that word, i do not think you mean what you think it means



in the u.k. we had heard of him. adrian stone and richard williams. who where (to us at least) contender level fighters.


also the bunema fight was a relatively big fight. most here where picking bunema after bunema had a decent run and ignoring the close and badly officiated kamya fight he had a good streak since taylor. sparking out karmazin and matthysse and goign against a guy who wasnt well known outside of argentina or europe.

sergio didnt waste his years just misused them whether it was his fault or not.
Vantage_West is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:40 AM   #21
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 162
Default Re: The worst stretch in the careers of top fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
And that could very easily be three straight losses if not for Texas officiating. Gale Van Hoye stuck again that night.
Yup. It's been since they happened so I could be wrong but I believe I scored the first wider than the second for Paulie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffjoiner View Post
Margarito from the time his wraps were discovered.

KTFO by Mosley in 9, UD W Roberto Garcia, UD whitewash loss to Pac, TKO9 by Cotto.

Agreed those were mostly top fighters, but a swift and severe close to a formerly top career.
Yeah, horrible end to a career...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vantage_West View Post
that word, i do not think you mean what you think it means



in the u.k. we had heard of him. adrian stone and richard williams. who where (to us at least) contender level fighters.


also the bunema fight was a relatively big fight. most here where picking bunema after bunema had a decent run and ignoring the close and badly officiated kamya fight he had a good streak since taylor. sparking out karmazin and matthysse and goign against a guy who wasnt well known outside of argentina or europe.

sergio didnt waste his years just misused them whether it was his fault or not.
The Saul Roman KO was very nice. Bunema, Williams X2, and Stone are the other notable fights on his ledger before Cintron. I don't know, I just don't think coming from where he came from that he had any possible options to make a better career than he did.
Nonito Smoak is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #22
Imperial1
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 20,363
vCash: 1000
Default Re: The worst stretch in the careers of top fighters.

Did we miss Joe Calzaghe and his fights after Eubanks for 10 yrs
Imperial1 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:11 AM   #23
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Posts: 9,639
vCash: 500
Default Re: The worst stretch in the careers of top fighters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
Joel Casamayor following his TKO11 loss to JMM:

W UD8 Jason Davis, L UD10 Robert Guerrero, W SD10 Manuel Leyva, L TKO8 Timothy Bradley

Rocky Juarez following his UD loss to JMM at the end of 2007, all the way to the present:

W TKO11 Jorge Barrios, D Chris John, L UD Chris John II, L TD7 Jason Litzau, L UD10 Jorge Linares, L UD12 Alejandro Sanabria, L UD10 Vicente Escobedo, L UD10 Andrew Cancio, W TKO8 Antonio Escalante
Good shouts.

That JMM sure knows how to ruin careers.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013