Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-22-2013, 09:57 AM   #1
emallini
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default I just watched Vazquez vs Gesta and Burns could be in trouble

Vazquez is slick and has very good movement. Burns might struggle to land his punches.

Burns kind of telegraphs his punches a bit when he throws combos and Vazquez will be hard to hit with the right hand and left hook.

Burns has a nice left hook to the body though and i think bodywork could be important for Burns. His jab aswell obviously. Even if the jab misses it will keep Vazquez occupied. I'm going to watch another Vazquez fight in case i missed any flaws but he looks skillful and i can see him winning rounds against Burns.
emallini is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 10:08 AM   #2
Amazing one

vCash: 500
Default Re: I just watched Vazquez vs Gesta and Burns could be in trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by emallini View Post
Vazquez is slick and has very good movement. Burns might struggle to land his punches.

Burns kind of telegraphs his punches a bit when he throws combos and Vazquez will be hard to hit with the right hand and left hook.

Burns has a nice left hook to the body though and i think bodywork could be important for Burns. His jab aswell obviously. Even if the jab misses it will keep Vazquez occupied. I'm going to watch another Vazquez fight in case i missed any flaws but he looks skillful and i can see him winning rounds against Burns.
Where did you watch this? I've checked & can't see it. I've watched him vs Quintero, Prescott, Ameth Diaz, Kim & one he wins by stoppage but I hear he was good vs Gesta.

Would love to watch this!
Amazing one is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #3
domjon
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by emallini View Post

I'm going to watch another Vazquez fight in case i missed any flaws but he looks skillful and i can see him winning rounds against Burns.
but can you see him being given rounds by the judges? Think home advantage is massive in this fight.
domjon is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 10:44 AM   #4
D_Andrade
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Vazquez is the truth! Broners praying for that Burns miracle!
D_Andrade is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #5
1PunchKO95
The Irish Drunk
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 375

Quote:
Originally Posted by D_Andrade View Post
Vazquez is the truth! Broners praying for that Burns miracle!
Quick question are you actually Demetrius Andrade or just a fan of his? Just wondering as i haven't been too sure i know some fighters on occasion do post here though.
1PunchKO95 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #6
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Ricky Burns is going to have a tough night. A lot of casuals are underestimating just how good Miguel Vazquez is. If he wants to, he can out box and out move Ricky Burns all 12 rounds. With it being in the UK, I think Ricky has got a bit more of a chance to challenge, but I can only see one result. Still.

And thats Miguel Vazquez with his arm raised. And Ricky Burns utterly devastated.

According to Billy Nelson, Ricky Burns does have pop, in the gym maybe, he sees him first hand on a daily basis. Afterall, you would expect this from the trainer. But in fights, it doesn't appear to be that way, but Ricky Burns is not average either, he can box smartly, he can counter punch, he can press, he can go 12 rounds. But for me, to stop a fighter like Vazquez in his tracks, you need to land hard, and go to the body. He will not stop moving all fight. And Ricky needs to interrupt that rhythm and tempo Vazquez dictates/sets.

I personally think its a step to far to soon, but I'd love to be proved wrong. I really want to see Ricky win this "arrival" fight......but I can't be swayed when picking a fight. I have to do it down the middle.

I don't think Vazquez is blessed with huge power either, but he doesn't rely on that, he relies on movement (and he abuses it) and boxing for 12 rounds. And if Ricky doesn't keep up and match it. Vazquez will win this fight by UD. He will get rounds for looking busier. I expect Ricky to have his fair share with it being in the UK. He may even make it a close fight, but either way. I can still see Vazquez UD or SD.

Vazquez has been in with Canelo, who hits as hard as anybody, and went all the way on both occasions. Tim Bradley also. Ricky Burns aint fought anywhere near that level of competition.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 11:17 AM   #7
perspicacity
Raising The Bar
ESB Addict

vCash: 185000

Vazquez is one tough, skilled, slippery bastard, I cant see this being a good fight to watch or an easy one to score, there'll be a lot of clinching, hopefully Ricky can deal with it as any win will be a good win here.
perspicacity is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 11:18 AM   #8
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Vasquez will win
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
Vasquez will win
Well thanks for that input, it was a great insight.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #10
Amazing one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Well thanks for that input, it was a great insight.
I've yet to find a good breakdown as to how Vasquez wins this fight. He's tricky, slippy & smart but far from unbeatable.
Amazing one is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #11
Boxed Ears
Smugly Savvy Feelings
East Side VIP

vCash: 26664

They're both well-schooled guys and I think the fight carries a lot of intrigue. A toss-up, to me. I wonder if we'll be lucky enough to see three titles unified this year at lightweight.
Boxed Ears is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 11:39 AM   #12
lolercakes
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Burns is going to get outclassed by Vazquez its not even close in my eyes. I wonder if Broner will fight Vazquez, there was a reason he was calling out Burns and not vazquez.
lolercakes is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 11:40 AM   #13
Dinamita85
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing one View Post
I've yet to find a good breakdown as to how Vasquez wins this fight. He's tricky, slippy & smart but far from unbeatable.

Couple of people did a good breakdown on it when it was 1st announced and we were all saying the same thing , except i leaned abit more towards a very disputed decision in burns favour..abit of a robbery even..hope im wrong but i just think vazquez is good enough to box burns ears off....but he has suprised me before, good luck to him.
Dinamita85 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #14
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing one View Post
I go along with the people that say it will be a scrappy, not very good to watch affair, Burns will have to be smart himself and show to be the one that's forcing it to an extent, there honestly isn't much between them and home advantage may make all the difference.

I'm not expecting fireworks but its an interesting fight never the less.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #15
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Thought Craneys input was good on this one,especially about Vasquez opposition.Guess he must have been giving weight to Canelo,who we know punches hard and accurate,and Bradley is underrated over here,why I don't know.Saw him for the first time against Attah,and he appeared to have even more hand speed than Burns.I think this could be a very good fight and share Craneys hope that Burns wins,while being a tall order.
TED 822 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum