boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

View Poll Results: When would you like to see a potential Mayweather-Garcia fight?
After Mayweather-Guerrero, bring it on! 8 33.33%
Gracia needs AT LEAST 1-2 more fights after Judah to prove himself worthy 16 66.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-28-2013, 05:01 PM   #1
richie leon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default How many people seriously want to see Mayweather-Garcia after Mayweather-Guerrero?

I saw in another thread that a lot of people brought up Garcia as a potential opponent for Mayweather after may 4th. Seriously though? That shouldn't happen for at least another year.

Garcia beats Judah, the Peterson-Mathysse winner and at least 1 top-5ish WW, and then maybe i'm ready to see it (i know that Garcia really isn't any smaller than Floyd, but he still needs to do SOMETHING at the weight they would fight at).

Thoughts?
richie leon is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #2
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 0
Default Re: How many people seriously want to see Mayweather-Garcia after Mayweather-Guerrero

I would want to see it if Garcia moves up and beats a good top 10 type WW.

It's a realistic fight, rather than people who bring up Top Rank fighters and Middleweights.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #3
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: How many people seriously want to see Mayweather-Garcia after Mayweather-Guerrero

Yeah I am down to watch it. The pre fight hype will be great too
PrinceN is offline  Top
Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #4
richie leon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

And sorry about the typo in the poll (i know somebody will want to nitpick about it)
richie leon is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #5
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Hell no I don't. Garcia is a Jr. Welterweight and needs to stay there.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:05 PM   #6
MexicanMuscle
Mexican Powerhouse
ESB Addict

He needs to be Mathysse before even thinking about facing Floyd.
MexicanMuscle is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #7
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MexicanMuscle View Post
He needs to be Mathysse before even thinking about facing Floyd.
This.

Garcia would get trashed badly with those wide hooks though. If there's one thing Floyd can still do really, really well, it's getting off with a lead/counter right. That punch alone will mess Garcia up good.

Matthysse and Lamont PEDerson would actually do better against Floyd than Garcia would (though PEDerson wouldn't get the fight because he'd fail the blood tests at some point and test positive for several bear tranquilizers, a few horse steroids, and a combined testosterone level exceeding 2011 Alistair Overeem, 2009 Badr Hari, and 2010 Chael Sonnen.)
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #8
raichu
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

i dont know when i want to see it, but i do want to see if, Danny got to have his '0' though.

Money cant go on forever, so sooner rather than later.
raichu is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:29 PM   #9
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Garcia needs to beat the top comp. @ 140 and then a couple of WW's... along the lines of Alexander and... Ortiz perhaps? I'd be impressed if he was able to do such.

Garcia is a highly overrated fighter and will be exposed shortly. Super Judah might even be the guy to do it lmao
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:32 PM   #10
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 9183

Garcia needs to fight matthysse.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1617

if nobody else is available I'd like Garcia for his Ring Belt. Don't bring him up in weight like Pac did to Bradley
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:50 PM   #12
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2001

He should never fight floyd at all and I doubt he will. I heard an interview once where garcia was suprised that amir khan wanted to fight floyd and said he's nowhere near his level. He thinks highly of floyd and doesnt think he could actually beat him, at least in his current state.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:52 PM   #13
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2001

I doubt garcia would rematch Khan but if he did and won, he would basically put a huge dent in amir khan's greatness as a boxer. After two losses (if they do happen), Khan would always be measured against Garcia who isn't as of now an ATG.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #14
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedx View Post
He should never fight floyd at all and I doubt he will. I heard an interview once where garcia was suprised that amir khan wanted to fight floyd and said he's nowhere near his level. He thinks highly of floyd and doesnt think he could actually beat him, at least in his current state.
If that's true, than Garcia is more intelligent than I gave him credit for and a realistic ****yst of himself and other fighters.

However, I'm sure he'd change his mind if Floyd & Co. waved enough money in his dad's face.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 06:03 PM   #15
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 129

Garcia has plenty of quality opposition at 140 and doesn't have the style to beat Mayweather. He plants himself and tries to land hard counters over the top while slipping towards the inside. Floyd would just pick him apart from the outside.
Bogotazo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum