Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #16
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Brian Rose to headline Matchroom show at the Winter Gardens Blackpool on April 20

Ochieng/Carruthers is on barker undercard. Rose will relinquish british sooner rather than later and let the eagle fight for vacant title. Rose will fight a few international opponents to get an ibf ranking and go that way.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-2013, 04:05 PM   #17
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Brian Rose to headline Matchroom show at the Winter Gardens Blackpool on April 20

Ochieng would school Rose IMHO, I dont see Rose getting an IBF ranking, he'll lose along the way.

Better option is having Rose in solid domestic fights such as Ochieng, its more appealing than having him fight Internationally IMO.
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 04:16 PM   #18
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Id say Rose/Ochieng is a 50/50 fight. Ochieng has the skill whereas rose has a good engine and bit of power.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #19
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewinfella View Post
Is he? I didnt know that

He said on twitter he wants Rose for Ochieng, they went back and forth if i remember, Hearn saying he'd make the fight in a heartbeat and having a pop at Maloney
i wouldn't say hes not a man of his word if he doesn't make the fight.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 04:19 PM   #20
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Ochieng would school Rose IMHO, I dont see Rose getting an IBF ranking, he'll lose along the way.

Better option is having Rose in solid domestic fights such as Ochieng, its more appealing than having him fight Internationally IMO.
its not difficult to get a ranking?
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #21
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
i wouldn't say hes not a man of his word if he doesn't make the fight.
Neither would I TBH, timing may be an issue, he will look to make the fight if he's got sense, Rose has a decent fanbase, Ochieng is a talent, above anything its just a very good fight!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:30 PM   #22
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Interesting that Khans date has now been moved from 20th to 27th.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #23
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Neither would I TBH, timing may be an issue, he will look to make the fight if he's got sense, Rose has a decent fanbase, Ochieng is a talent, above anything its just a very good fight!
Ochieng has a pretty decent fan base also. at the moment its a low level main event or decent undercard fight. but it could be built into a big fight. perhaps not a mega fight but look how big Brook vs Hatton became.

i don't think Rose is amazing but if you look at the IBF Champion Corneliius Bundrage, you would fancy Rose's chances especially if the fight was in the UK.

If I were Hearn I would build up Rose by fighting International opponents with decent rankings that have some name value. Carlos Quintana would be a solid opponent for April 20th. Then get Ochieng the vacant British, theres a number of 50-50 fights at that level for him. Then in 2014 you have both guys in a position where a fight between them is a world title eliminator and sells a ton of tickets.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 04:52 PM   #24
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

I think we have Rose in seperate regard

Bundrage IMHO would do a number on him, Quintana is done so yes if the fight took place in the UK Rose could pose the question!

I honestly think Ochieng would beat him handily in a good fight, I dont see Rose progressing to world level so I'd like to see him in good solid domestic fights defending that British title. Best of luck to Brian Rose BTW he's a likeable lad, hard worker, in great shape, I wish him well
Old 02-21-2013, 04:55 PM   #25
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I think we have Rose in seperate regard

Bundrage IMHO would do a number on him, Quintana is done so yes if the fight took place in the UK Rose could pose the question!

I honestly think Ochieng would beat him handily in a good fight, I dont see Rose progressing to world level so I'd like to see him in good solid domestic fights defending that British title. Best of luck to Brian Rose BTW he's a likeable lad, hard worker, in great shape, I wish him well
But if your Rose, you have won the British title outright, against solid opponents. So he has every right to progress.
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 02-21-2013, 06:41 PM   #26
Jack
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

vCash: 15000

Ochieng is quite a few fights away from deserving a shot at Rose. Ochieng is ready for the British level whereas Rose is ready to move onto the world stage. Their fights against Maxwell showed that, right now, Rose is a level above.
Jack is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 03:02 AM   #27
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonsey View Post
But if your Rose, you have won the British title outright, against solid opponents. So he has every right to progress.
He certainly does like i said i wish him well, look at Ricky Burns.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:16 AM   #28
brown bomber
2010 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Excellent fighter Brian trained with him since he was about 8
brown bomber is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 03:19 AM   #29
Jonsey
Champion
East Side Guru

Jeffro what happend with Kenny Anderson will he be back?
Jonsey is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 04:58 AM   #30
Jonny5-9
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

I like Brian Rose but he couldnt punch his way out of a wet paper bag. He just doenst have the power to compete at high level.
Jonny5-9 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum