Guererro KO 4 16.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-22-2013, 07:25 AM   #1
nick_1204
Lil Floyd
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default what are your thought on Floyd v Guererro

I see a lot of people bashing this fight. Saying its a cherry pick for Floyd.

Personally i quite like this fight. You have to remember that Floyd is Floyd and he will beat most people relatively easy. What other fights are there for him? Theres some but not that many really challenging fights other than Bradley and Canelo. In my opinion any way.

Guererro has had two good fights at welterwieght and won them well. Hes shown power at the weight and that he can take shots. Hes a big aggressive fighter which Floyd will find harder than most styles at his age and inactivity it might just catch up with him a little bit and make it a longer night. Hes shown he can raise through the weight well and is on great form. I think hed be tough for any welter.

In my mind its a good match up. I still think he will win but if the ghost can push Floyd back and make it a war it good be a good fight. Remember that Floyd is 35/36. Has he still got it? I think so but i think there has been maybe some decline if only a little bit. But the mix of the two styles could show Floyds age a bit more this time. There are other fights id like to see but i am still looking forward to this one. Thats just my opinion anyway.

What your opinions on this fight?

BTW i posted this here because the general is a crap board. People on here have much better opinion and better insight to the sport.
nick_1204 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 07:28 AM   #2
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Default Re: what are your thought on Floyd v Guererro

I think it will be a entertaining fight, Guerrero's a dog the guy can box and fight and i think he presents some problems for Floyd. He's no Ortiz he's not mentally weak and only really beat one world class fighter. Guerrero's experienced and beat some good fighters and is in a great place mentally.

Entertaining fight as i mentioned with Floyd likely to win on points but once again his blood will be shed and he will know he's been in a fight like against Cotto.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #3
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Anybody think this fight may be the fight that father time starts to catch up with Floyd, I don't think for one minute he will lose but this fight could be the fight that shows his best days are behind him?
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #4
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

It's a shit fight. Can't see any way in which Guerrero will trouble him. He'll bring nothing apart from a strong will to win, which of course just means he'll take a prolonged beating. Only way he can be competitive if somehow Floyd has aged considerably since Cotto.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Forgone conclusion.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 07:35 AM   #6
nick_1204
Lil Floyd
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Anybody think this fight may be the fight that father time starts to catch up with Floyd, I don't think for one minute he will lose but this fight could be the fight that shows his best days are behind him?

Yeah thats what i was trying to say. I really do think there is a chance we could see that. Thats what makes it a better fight than people are saying.

Some people wouldnt be happy if Floyd got in a time machine and fought Ray Robinson. They would find some reason to bitch about it.
nick_1204 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 07:40 AM   #7
FloydWillnever
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Guerrero was getting shook to his boots by Aydin. Floyd will counter him with ease all night and then stop him in the mid/late rounds. It's going to be very similar to the Hatton fight.

I doubt it'll be competitive in anyway shape or form - easy nights work for Pretty Boy.
FloydWillnever is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 07:42 AM   #8
fatcity
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 2000

The Ghost will make it entertaining but he will eventually lose by wide decision.A fan friendly fight.
fatcity is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 07:43 AM   #9
Johnny Coyle
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
I think it will be a entertaining fight, Guerrero's a dog the guy can box and fight and i think he presents some problems for Floyd. He's no Ortiz he's not mentally weak and only really beat one world class fighter. Guerrero's experienced and beat some good fighters and is in a great place mentally.

Entertaining fight as i mentioned with Floyd likely to win on points but once again his blood will be shed and he will know he's been in a fight like against Cotto.
u reckon.. Dats a bold statement
Johnny Coyle is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 03:40 AM   #10
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

My opinion,

I like Guerrero, I like his aggresive nature, punches well in combination, I like his application, and I really like the fact he was a FW 4 and a half years ago, now he's a bonafied WW! in such a short time thats pretty impressive

My feeling is that Mayweather is simply too good, and like aggressive fighters before him, Guerrero will go into a shell when Floyd clobbers him coming in.

Mayweather can hit Guerrero with ease, and this will be the main factor in Guerrero losing the fight, like most people who fight Floyd Mayweather he will simpy be out boxed
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 03:42 AM   #11
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

only good thing i like about this fight is Guerrero will force Mayweather to have a high workrate
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 03:49 AM   #12
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by |A|C|S| View Post
only good thing i like about this fight is Guerrero will force Mayweather to have a high workrate
Until he gets whacked yes
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 04:05 AM   #13
stuey
Never bet on England
ESB Addict

vCash: 622

I like this fight. Sure I would have preferred canelo or Martinez but from What's left the ghost is a decent pick. He is really busy which as mentioned earlier should force a 35/6 year old mayweather out of his comfort zone a bit.
I think this fight is close and entertaining till the halfway point when pbf starts to take over with his counters, late stoppage or wide ish points win for floyd. Which incidentally is exactly what I would expect if it was canelo or martinez as well.
stuey is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 04:39 AM   #14
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Floyed is fighting a younger , hungrier challenger coming off some goods wins. People seem to be forgetting floyeds age and his prison spell and layoff. He could get old overnight a la RJJ. Its a risky comeback fight considering the circumstances. Ill be watching.
knighty is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:42 PM   #15
achillesthegreat
FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE
East Side VIP

If floyd potshots, he dominates. If he engages then its interesting but with him winning clearly. Guerrero is good but not good enough. More competitive fights can only be made against better technical fighters or bigger fighters.
achillesthegreat is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum