Old 02-22-2013, 03:43 PM   #16
El Lucho
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1436
Default Re: Did HBO get rid of Floyd??

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
Or that Pac is dirty for not agreeing to the damn drug testing in the 1st place..fight could have happened in 2010

come on man. so floyd is right because the back than p4p king did not immidiatly say yes to drug testing. are we in kindergarten or what

to what it comes down is that pac said many times "I'll do what you want, you get more money than me, I'll take all the testing you want me to take, lets do this" and floyd still not wanted to take it. even his best friend broke up the relationchip to him, because he saw how much of a ***** floyd was.
El Lucho is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 03:45 PM   #17
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1948

and sorry, this question is stupid as shit. No disrespect
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #18
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper11 View Post
and sorry, this question is stupid as shit. No disrespect
How can a question on the future of boxing be shit?

This wasnt a Floyd bashing question , but simply why is the biggest network in boxing letting the biggest name is boxing go.

You need to see the bigger picture.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 03:53 PM   #19
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrobinson View Post

This wasnt a Floyd bashing question , but simply why is the biggest network in boxing letting the biggest name is boxing go.

Floyd's ppvs generate over 90 million dollars in revenue. The cable companies get first dibs at the money too and take over half of it. idk why they would get rid of Floyd. Maybe they didn't want to offer him the same deal, but to say they dropped him
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 03:56 PM   #20
Jak Boxer
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripper11 View Post
Floyd's ppvs generate over 90 million dollars in revenue. The cable companies get first dibs at the money too and take over half of it. idk why they would get rid of Floyd. Maybe they didn't want to offer him the same deal, but to say they dropped him
You sound butt hurt!
Jak Boxer is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #21
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jak Boxer View Post
You sound butt hurt!
shut up Puga
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #22
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lucho View Post
come on man. so floyd is right because the back than p4p king did not immidiatly say yes to drug testing. are we in kindergarten or what

to what it comes down is that pac said many times "I'll do what you want, you get more money than me, I'll take all the testing you want me to take, lets do this" and floyd still not wanted to take it. even his best friend broke up the relationchip to him, because he saw how much of a ***** floyd was.
He said he would take more money,only for floyd to personally call him then manny demands 50/50

He left the negotiation table over a 14 day window for drug testing....then months later when there is no negotiation and after floyd said the 14 days was off of the table and says he agrees

oh and is that imaginary stadium ready yet?you know the MGM grand was not good enough..yet he fought there 2 times in 2012
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #23
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:

He is saying it is a stupid question because..well, look at your second sentence

They didn't let him go, he received a better offer, one that they wouldn't/couldn't match for whatever reason

They didn't 'get rid of him'
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
El Lucho
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1436

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryx2012 View Post
He said he would take more money,only for floyd to personally call him then manny demands 50/50

He left the negotiation table over a 14 day window for drug testing....then months later when there is no negotiation and after floyd said the 14 days was off of the table and says he agrees

oh and is that imaginary stadium ready yet?you know the MGM grand was not good enough..yet he fought there 2 times in 2012

fact is. at the end of the day manny said YES to everything floyd wanted and floyd just needed to say YES himself and instead of doing so, he hided and said nothing, which is equaly to saying NO.
El Lucho is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #25
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
He is saying it is a stupid question because..well, look at your second sentence

They didn't let him go, he received a better offer, one that they wouldn't/couldn't match for whatever reason

They didn't 'get rid of him'
Maybe I am wrong but the offer looks to be the same, I dont see any figures to say Floyd is getting more from Showtime?

250 for 6 with Showtime against 84 for his last two with HBO.

i dont think this is a stupid question and the reason I ask questions is because I dont know the answer and would like to be educated.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:15 PM   #26
Vidic
Rest in Peace Manny
East Side Guru

Quote:
Maybe I am wrong but the offer looks to be the same, I dont see any figures to say Floyd is getting more from Showtime?

i dont think this is a stupid question and the reason I ask questions is because I dont know the answer and would like to be educated.
'Did HBO get rid of Floyd' (the most profitable athlete on the planet) was the stupid part

the 250m I assume is a guarantee, and Floyd in addition to that will still have his bonuses like PPV upside

So lets say he has a guaranteed purse of 41m for each fight he takes (his previous highest against Cotto was 32m). He will then have PPV upside in addition to that..

Also, I am not sure that the 6 fight deal is actually a fixed contract but rather showtime protecting their investment so that FLoyd cannot fight for another broadcaster, he may only end up fighting 4 times or so
Vidic is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 04:16 PM   #27
Saltzy
Bam-O
ESB Senior Member

Reminds me of Vernon Forrest getting then contract with HBO then getting KO'd by Mayorga in his first fight.

Not that im saying Floyd's getting KO'd
Saltzy is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 04:20 PM   #28
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vidic View Post
'Did HBO get rid of Floyd' (the most profitable athlete on the planet) was the stupid part

the 250m I assume is a guarantee, and Floyd in addition to that will still have his bonuses like PPV upside

So lets say he has a guaranteed purse of 41m for each fight he takes (his previous highest against Cotto was 32m). He will then have PPV upside in addition to that..

Also, I am not sure that the 6 fight deal is actually a fixed contract but rather showtime protecting their investment so that FLoyd cannot fight for another broadcaster, he may only end up fighting 4 times or so
Tell me where Floyd is the most profitable athlete on the planet and by that I mean a return on your investment.

I would be happy to call myself stupid if I knew that HBO lost out on a very profitable commodity , but I dont know if they have.

Please post me a link to show what HBO make from promoting Floyds fights and how this generates the revenue to make him Lb for Lb the most valuable athlete on the planet.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #29
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saltzy View Post
Reminds me of Vernon Forrest getting then contract with HBO then getting KO'd by Mayorga in his first fight.

Not that im saying Floyd's getting KO'd
I remember George Foreman doing the commentary on that!!!
Old 02-22-2013, 04:21 PM   #30
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Clearly the deal isn't the same as you are comparing apples and oranges.

The $84 Million your quoting is with PPV revenue this $250 Million deal refers to his guarantee he has PPV upside to come.

If the deal was the same why would he move?
Emeritus is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum