Old 02-22-2013, 05:17 PM   #46
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Did HBO get rid of Floyd??

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lucho View Post
fact is also, that would floyd have taken all challenges like the much smaller pac did..
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

than he surely would have landed on the ground like pac did

I am not saying he would have lost against them all, but one of those above mentioned would have put him to sleep and thats why he stayed as far away as he could from those above or waited till some quality names got old like mosley or cotto and even small, old cotto bloodied floyd and won around 3-4 rounds, than think about it what a prime margarito, a prime 6'3 pw or prime pac, let alone sergio wouldve done

pac is a midget 5'6 and fought anybody, without holding back, yes he paid for it not holding back and getting into action, he paid by being kod by marquez. but I prefer somebody boxing/fighting like a warrior and enteraining crowd like pac does than somebody winning in mostly boring fashion and holding back by punching 1 punch at a time and hiding away from real challenges. floyd is a big 5'8 tall boxer and to compare himself to pac, he shouldve moved and fought guys 2-3 inches taller than him, because that is exactly what pac did.
dumb post considering how you mention manny took on all challenges yet posted photos of Sergio Martinez and Paul Williams.

manny ducked Williams back in 2010 in favor of fighting margarito's nothing ass
Slickstar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 05:18 PM   #47
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

RayRobinson, people have already said on this thread he's guaranteed the $200 million with this deal. That right there is a big difference. Will the Guerrero fight do as well as the Cotto one? Will his next opponent if not Alvarez? We don't know this, but him being guaranteed that money means he's set regardless. This in itself would be a reason for the move, no?
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:19 PM   #48
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
I remember when Jones Jr fought Devalle they said Roy had a contract with HBO that they referred to as the contract from hell that Roy could basically pick and choose who he wanted to fight and that HBO in the future would not be allowing fighters to have such contracts.

Floyds contract is pretty much on par with that or at least the string of opponents he has elected to face, so I am sure HBO is not at all dis heartened to see Floyd leave their network.

I also think allot of it has to do with Mayweather allowing the pacquiao fight to just walk on by, HBO stood to make millions and that fight just never came about.
I don't mind anyone who has negative stuff to say about Floyd after all he isn't my dad lol but I think the criticism he gets is unfair.

First of all to compare Roy Jones to Mayweather is silly, Mayweather pulls in HUGE numbers, Roy never did.

Secondly who on Mayweathers PPV resume compares to Del Valle? Mayweather has fought all big names and generated HBO good money - Cotto, Moseley, Ortiz, Marquez, Hatton I mean everyone acts like he is fight bums.

So I cant agree with you, I don't think HBO is happy to see him go at all. A business never wants to lose its top performing commodity...

Reference Pacquiao I don't think it's Mayweathers fault and you clearly think it was his fault but I don't think you can assume to know what HBO think either, they never publically took sides so far!
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:22 PM   #49
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I have logic. my logic is that a midget is fighting guys like margarito who are 5'11, meaning 5 inches taller than him and floyd is not taking somebody on much bigger than him or else he would have taking on sergio, pw etc.. second point pac is taking on anybody, floyd is not. this is my logic and if it was not true than why does not floyd take on all challenges like pac did. and yes prime margarito @154 who challenged floyd in vegas was more dangerous than old version ODLH (not a young ODLH version).
You're trying to tell me that Margarito (who was at WW, when he informally challenged Mayweather) @ 147 was more dangerous than even a semi-retied DLH? You're a ****ing moron. Look and listen to what is said in this video:

Quote:
just answer me one question. if floyd is such a warrior and pac at the end of the day accepted to every ****ing demand floyd asked him. why did floyd just take the 50-60 mill and beat up the much smaller pac? believe me, you cannot give me a intelligent answer to this, because it cannot get any more obvious than floyd just being afriad he took lose, because of pacs punchign power and high energy level. and your logic is poor, because just because pac lost to marquez who lost to floyd does not mean pac would ultimatly lose to floyd, because styles make fights. forrest beat mosley. forrest lost to mayorga, in your logic mayorga should have beaten mosley, because mayorga beat the man, who beat mosley and did mayorga beat mosley
I'm not getting in this conversation. You obviously don't know what the **** you're talking about when it comes to boxing and want to get into this long drawn out Pactard debate about testing, lawsuits and Bob Arum. **** off.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #50
Emeritus
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrobinson View Post
i simply want to know if HBO are tired of boxing or were tired of Floyd , because I dont think it was about money, because you do not let Floyd go if he makes you money and the current numbers that we are seeing Showtime present are not massively different to what he was getting at HBO.

Look at Bazooka's post , it makes interesting reading.
I'm ALL for discussing but how can we really know if HBO were tired of Floyd? We're just going to go round and round in circles with the people who like Floyd on one side and the people who hate him on the other.

We don't know the showtime numbers according to them it's ground breaking revenue sharing, so for me that's ok and despite what people say about Floyd being a dumb ghetto mofo he is smarter than me and in his next fight will earn more than probably this entire board will in all their life times.

Anyway cool speaking to you bro!
Emeritus is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 PM   #51
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickstar View Post
Does de La Hoya still hold the record of largest boxing payout at $52mil?
He sure does. The real cash King

And to answer the thread title Showtime outbid HBO. HBO has been having big time budget problems for a few years now.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:27 PM   #52
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
RayRobinson, people have already said on this thread he's guaranteed the $200 million with this deal. That right there is a big difference. Will the Guerrero fight do as well as the Cotto one? Will his next opponent if not Alvarez? We don't know this, but him being guaranteed that money means he's set regardless. This in itself would be a reason for the move, no?
This thread has gone in the wrong direction , it wasnt meant to be about Floyds future we now know this and its great. It was to do with HBO's future in boxing and why they let the biggest cash cow in the business go. Was it fights made? profits on return? change of profile? But somehow it is turning into what it always does , a Floyd vs Pacquiao argument.

peace.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:28 PM   #53
El Lucho
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickstar View Post
dumb post considering how you mention manny took on all challenges yet posted photos of Sergio Martinez and Paul Williams.

manny ducked Williams back in 2010 in favor of fighting margarito's nothing ass
I compare th both manny and floyd, you do realise this dumbshit. manny being so small took on margarito, 5 inches taller than him. floyd had he pacs balls he wouldve took on guys with the same size difference and what is 5'8 + 5 inches? yup 6'3, guys like pw or even kelly pavlik. now you gonne say pavlik is a super middleweight, yeah sure he is, but that is the size difference manny took on, bigger (clottey), much taller (margarito) and stronger opponents than he is and yet he still succeded.
El Lucho is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #54
El Lucho
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
You're trying to tell me that Margarito (who was at WW, when he informally challenged Mayweather) @ 147 was more dangerous than even a semi-retied DLH? You're a ****ing moron. Look and listen to what is said in this video:

I'm not getting in this conversation. You obviously don't know what the **** you're talking about when it comes to boxing and want to get into this long drawn out Pactard debate about testing, lawsuits and Bob Arum. **** off.

I knew you could not say anything in favor of floyd, something reasonable why anybody would leave out 50 mill on the table, stupid kid.
El Lucho is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #55
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
I knew you could not say anything in favor of floyd, something reasonable why anybody would leave out 50 mill on the table, stupid kid.
How was Margarito more dangerous at 154 than Oscar? Tell me about Margarito's success at 154 please.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:31 PM   #56
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Cause he made over 50 million fighting Cotto, plus PPV proceeds. Idiot.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #57
El Lucho
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
How was Margarito more dangerous at 154 than Oscar? Tell me about Margarito's success at 154 please.

turbo, you my homie (its me chempasillo they banned me for no reason ), just say I am right .

these guys just don't understand that a 5'8 boxer should take on bigger challenges in higher weight classes than a 5'6 boxer, they just don't get it. why? how you doing?
El Lucho is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:35 PM   #58
Reppin501
The People's Champ
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
fact is. at the end of the day manny said YES to everything floyd wanted and floyd just needed to say YES himself and instead of doing so, he hided and said nothing, which is equaly to saying NO.
Really? So prior to going to jail, it was Floyd who kept that fight from happening, or in 2010 when they went as far as to get an arbitrator to help work out the details (who had to come on the back end and call Top Rank out for lying about negotiations)...cool story breh.
Reppin501 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #59
El Lucho
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
Cause he made over 50 million fighting Cotto, plus PPV proceeds. Idiot.

so you wanna tell me floyd made equaly as much money vs cotto than would he have faced pacuqiao I can't take you serious anymore.
El Lucho is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:37 PM   #60
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
turbo, you my homie (its me chempasillo they banned me for no reason ), just say I am right .

these guys just don't understand that a 5'8 boxer should take on bigger challenges in higher weight classes than a 5'6 boxer, they just don't get it. why? how you doing?
Pactard #24
thawk888 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum