Old 02-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #61
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Re: Did HBO get rid of Floyd??

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Lucho View Post
so you wanna tell me floyd made equaly as much money than would he have faced pacuqiao I can't take you serious anymore.
Bob Arum
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:38 PM   #62
El Lucho
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1436

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reppin501 View Post
Really? So prior to going to jail, it was Floyd who kept that fight from happening, or in 2010 when they went as far as to get an arbitrator to help work out the details (who had to come on the back end and call Top Rank out for lying about negotiations)...cool story breh.
I know why you saying what you saying, but I dont wanna sound racist, thats why I dont say what I am thinking, because I am not racist.
El Lucho is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #63
doylexxx
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

floyds boss made the decision

all oscars boxers going to sho

oscar messed up those hbo guaranteed dates + did bad frankly via shit fights
doylexxx is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 05:39 PM   #64
El Lucho
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thawk888 View Post
Bob Arum

sorry cant take you serious
El Lucho is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:40 PM   #65
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayrobinson View Post
This thread has gone in the wrong direction , it wasnt meant to be about Floyds future we now know this and its great. It was to do with HBO's future in boxing and why they let the biggest cash cow in the business go. Was it fights made? profits on return? change of profile? But somehow it is turning into what it always does , a Floyd vs Pacquiao argument.

peace.
I didn't bring Pac's name in this thread anywhere...

I don't believe HBO is getting out of the boxing business. Showtime probably had a bigger budget, or were willing to take more risk with the guarantee. There was no problem with his fights made before on HBO, I'm sure they made out great. Just think HBO wasn't willing to take the risk that Showtime was. Was it due to who they think he'll fight in the future, none of us know...
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:46 PM   #66
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

vCash: 816

Quote:
turbo, you my homie (its me chempasillo they banned me for no reason ), just say I am right .

these guys just don't understand that a 5'8 boxer should take on bigger challenges in higher weight classes than a 5'6 boxer, they just don't get it. why? how you doing?
Awe damn man why'd they ban you? behave yourself

Well May is really only an inch and a bit more bigger than Pac. Pacquiao also hits harder. So why can't he compete with bigger guys since he has more power?

They are both completely different fighters so it's tough comparing apples and oranges.
turbotime is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:49 PM   #67
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divi253 View Post
I didn't bring Pac's name in this thread anywhere...

I don't believe HBO is getting out of the boxing business. Showtime probably had a bigger budget, or were willing to take more risk with the guarantee. There was no problem with his fights made before on HBO, I'm sure they made out great. Just think HBO wasn't willing to take the risk that Showtime was. Was it due to who they think he'll fight in the future, none of us know...
yeah appologies , the Pacquioa comment was not a direct relation to your post , but to how the thread has developed.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:51 PM   #68
El Lucho
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Awe damn man why'd they ban you? behave yourself

Well May is really only an inch and a bit more bigger than Pac. Pacquiao also hits harder. So why can't he compete with bigger guys since he has more power?

They are both completely different fighters so it's tough comparing apples and oranges.
maruqez and pacquiao are equaly tall yes?

meaning pac would be same sioze in that face off, right?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

is it just me or does floyd look much bigger and taller than marquez (who is equaly in terms of height and physical stature). come on turbo, you know I am right in this

sure does pac hit harder than floyd, but all I am saying, for a guy like pac standing 5'6, being physicly naturaly smaller and less big than floyd, he did took on a whole lot more challenges and fighting much bigger opponents and to compare that to floyd, floyd wouldve had to taken on sergio or pw. you get what I am saying
El Lucho is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:54 PM   #69
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
maruqez and pacquiao are equaly tall yes?

meaning pac would be same sioze in that face off, right?

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

is it just me or does floyd look much bigger and taller than marquez (who is equaly in terms of height and physical stature). come on turbo, you know I am right in this

sure does pac hit harder than floyd, but all I am saying, for a guy like pac standing 5'6, being physicly naturaly smaller and less big than floyd, he did took on a whole lot more challenges and fighting much bigger opponents and to compare that to floyd, floyd wouldve had to taken on sergio or pw. you get what I am saying
Pac has been cutting 15+ lbs and gaining it back overnight since 130. He was a welterweight on fight night in the Marquez rematch weighing in as a 130 lb fighter.

He's not this little dude people make him out to be. He's just been cutting less weight as he moved up.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:58 PM   #70
El Lucho
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Pac has been cutting 15+ lbs and gaining it back overnight since 130. He was a welterweight on fight night in the Marquez rematch weighing in as a 130 lb fighter.

He's not this little dude people make him out to be. He's just been cutting less weight as he moved up.

okay. so pac is as physical as marquez and marquez looks much smaller than mayweather, what does that make?
El Lucho is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #71
Divi253
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 9062

Quote:
yeah appologies , the Pacquioa comment was not a direct relation to your post , but to how the thread has developed.
Divi253 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 05:59 PM   #72
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
okay. so pac is as physical as marquez and marquez looks much smaller than mayweather, what does that make?
Pac weighs about 2 lbs less than Mayweather on fight night, and is slightly bigger than Marquez. yet Floyd needs to move up to MW to fight Sergio because of it? Youre talking nonsense here chemp.
Old 02-22-2013, 06:00 PM   #73
thawk888
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
sorry cant take you serious
Awww, a rancid Pactard who doesn't know what they're talking about can't take me seriously.
thawk888 is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 06:02 PM   #74
rayrobinson
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:

Sorry to interject , and Im not getting involved in the whole Manny Floyd thing,

But I am 5 8 and weigh 170 lbs . Ive met Ricky Hatton who is similar in height to Manny , Cotto , JMM and he is surprisingly small .

These guys are 5 6 in heels , therefore if Floyd is my height he has distinct natural advantages.

This is me done on the whole Manny Floyd thing.
rayrobinson is offline  Top
Old 02-22-2013, 06:04 PM   #75
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP

Quote:
Sorry to interject , and Im not getting involved in the whole Manny Floyd thing,

But I am 5 8 and weigh 170 lbs . Ive met Ricky Hatton who is similar in height to Manny , Cotto , JMM and he is surprisingly small .

These guys are 5 6 in heels , therefore if Floyd is my height he has distinct natural advantages.

This is me done on the whole Manny Floyd thing.
They are actually taller than 5'6. Hatton is actually the shortest of the bunch. I always pegged Hatton for around 5'5

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum