Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 02-27-2013, 05:30 PM   #16
Johnstown
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Beginner,signed up for fight!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brown bomber View Post
Good luck - there is a seņor circuit
yeah..although the majority of those guys are guys who boxed young and now got back into it..hard to find a totally green guy outside of this stuff
Johnstown is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2013, 09:22 PM   #17
thejokerswild
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Respect for wanting to get in there and have a go. Takes balls to have the first fight everyone knows that! plus there's plenty of good to come of it if you're in front of your work mates.

I'm not a big fan of the white collar matches, in most cases they are just glorified street fights for people who have had no training. They don't do the credibility of the sport much good considering the lack of training/ I've seen matches where guys want to prove themselves and with a few classes they could probably hold their hands up and get the concept of defence but man they were under prepared for a fight.

At the end of the day though, it's all for a bit of fun and entertainment, if someone is getting whooped or can't handle the heat the referee knows what's going on and he'll cut it short.
thejokerswild is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 04:25 AM   #18
niboycfc

doin it in london knighty..and you?
also doing it for exactly the same reasons you are mate!
niboycfc is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 10:17 AM   #19
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1000

Cardiff mate. Thought we might of been on the same bill then. How are you finding the sparring so far? Im progressing slowly.
knighty is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 01:24 PM   #20
niboycfc

ahh mate i was thinkin the same!..training starts monday mate,cant wait to get going!..how did u find it starting?
niboycfc is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 02:35 PM   #21
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Well ive trained for about six months doing bag work , drills , mitts just to get technique etc right. Couldnt wait to finally spa. But , man, its an eye opener when u do. In the short space of time you got to train your trainers main concern will be to get you fit enough for the bout. Its impossible to think that were gonna look anything like we know what were doing in that time. Its made me apprecite what these guys go through and the fitness and skill required to even have one am bout. Its just nice to have a small taste of competing and training in the sport i have loved for many years.

Even if it isnt respected on here by some "white collar" is a brilliaint thing for guys like us. Its like the footie equivalant of "sunday parks".

Keep me posted on your progress bro, on this thread and i will likewise! Enjoy! I know i am!
knighty is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 03:59 PM   #22
niboycfc

sounds wkd fella! i like to think im fit as it is (have trained fitness for yrs) so hopefullly willl be a slight head start.
there does seem to be alot of negativity on here..i have no idea why? i ,like u am a huge boxing fan ALL levels..white collar is doing no harm..in fact i think its a great thing giving ppl like us a taster!.. and if all goes well i intend to keep on training after the event!
for sure mate will keep u posted and u likewise.. nice1
niboycfc is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #23
PabstBlueRibbon
She needs the D.
ESB Jr Member

Good Luck, I need to try this myself.
PabstBlueRibbon is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 07:56 PM   #24
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1306

when your sparring make sure that you an your opponent wear thick gloves (18oz or even 20oz) and headgear so you don't damage each other. Don't burn yourself out and take rest days after 2-3 days of hardwork.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 02:00 AM   #25
det
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Props for goin 4 it mate, i started boxing 6 months ago at 30, and am hoping to get 2-3 am contests in before trying my luck at white collar.
det is offline  Top
Old 03-01-2013, 06:38 AM   #26
knighty
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Your doing it the wrong way round mate. I dont know what your knowledge is on WC but the event i am taking part in is for charity and all the fighters are complete novices. Theres 24 of us and will all be training together and paired up on weight and ability 2 weeks before the bout. Why would you want do drop down in quality level after gaining superiour knowledge from amatuer level, unless u were a bit egotistical who wants to beat up people a level below you?( not saying you are). Experienced fighters dont tend to box on white collar shows.
knighty is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing