TheUzi is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2013, 06:40 PM   #17
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 2648
Default Re: Does Price still beat Fury?

Aw look at everyone jumping on the band wagon now, I was one of the only people on here who rated Fury higher but now They're all coming out of the wood work.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #18
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
Aw look at everyone jumping on the band wagon now, I was one of the only people on here who rated Fury higher but now They're all coming out of the wood work.
Amen fellow Fury fan.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 06:43 PM   #19
a force 1989
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
He's been down once and got back up and battered the guy .. wobbled yes but he fights through it,he has heart.Tell me besides his power how does he beat Fury? Price looks so one dimensional it's unreal.Not knocking the guy but for **** sake,Fury has proved he's a fighter,he's been matched better and had the sterner tests ... Fury would have given Thompson a proper fight.
Who are these sterner tests? He fought an obese, unconditioned Chisora & he's fought a gatekeeper in Johnson that took the fight at 3 weeks notice after been out boxed by a Tor Hamer & a shot Sosnowski in prizefighter.

Thompson's a hell of a lot better than anything Fury's been in with. We'll see if Fury's team go near Thompson, Pulev or one of the Klitschko brothers. My guess is no & he'll keep going down the safety first route
a force 1989 is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #20
blueballs1978
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 1000

It's a 50/50 fight imo.
blueballs1978 is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 06:45 PM   #21
PaulieMc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 416

Quote:
Originally Posted by a force 1989 View Post
Who are these sterner tests? He fought an obese, unconditioned Chisora & he's fought a gatekeeper in Johnson that took the fight at 3 weeks notice after been out boxed by a Tor Hamer & a shot Sosnowski in prizefighter.

Thompson's a hell of a lot better than anything Fury's been in with. We'll see if Fury's team go near Thompson, Pulev or one of the Klitschko brothers. My guess is no & he'll keep going down the safety first route
You're right, but Fury would beat Thompson no problem to be honest. Price should have beat him no problem, unfortunately boxing is full of surprises.
PaulieMc is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 06:46 PM   #22
matt007
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

HW boxing Price got caught with a single punch so there you go. I still think he will KO fury.
matt007 is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 06:47 PM   #23
Flexe
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennison View Post
There is only a few people on here who can say they didn't pick price to win against fury, most people jumped on the hype wagon. But a few agreed that price hadn't been tested and we'd seen fury come through certain tests but not price now we got our answers, no way is it dead and cut for fury now but people shouldn't jump off the bandwagon and say fury easy now as very few picked fury yesterday
I know many will be quick to jump straight on to Fury now Price has been KO'd. He might not be able to live that one down for a while due to the manner he was KO'd.

I'll admit I fancied Price to smash Fury to bits prior to the Thompson fight but I'm not so sure now. Fury is probably the better all round boxer (logically thinking) and has been in there with the better opposition. Price tends to load up and rely on his heavy hands rather than actually box his opponents compared to Fury who peppers his opponents with the jab and throws a variety of punches.

I'm not writing Price off at this point - he can comeback and still do damage in the HW scene, but knowing his chin isn't great, anyone with a bit of pop could poise trouble for Price. What's worrying is Price hasn't good defense, he isn't exactly hard to hit..

Quote:
Originally Posted by thistle1 View Post
calm down, calm the **** down!

this is HW boxing and Price got caught,

it's happened to numerous fighters since the beginning. Price would have to lose at least two more like this before he's written off. and keep in mind outside of Chisora, Fury hasn't fought any major threats either, and has been wobbled all over the ring and won a robbery from McDermit, whom he beat in the return.

Do you think this warrants Fury a "Get out of Jail Free card??? NO!!!
and don't let him run either, which he'll do, he'll jump all over this and try to make out theres no reason to fight Price... Ahh, yes there is.

Price has to get "right back on the horse, no ****en around and playing a steady does it pace here, another fight in 2 months, win the next couple and demand Fury to come on board, of course he can still beat Fury, because he is just better. and yes anyone of them could go when connected on the button, and Fury too has already shown he's a "Weable, wobbling all over.

so before you start doin the Gypo Caravan Hop, Pricey got caught, he's not written off yet, watch Fury start passing him off as no need to fight him, just watch!!!
Defiantly can't be writing off Price yet. The tide may of turned in terms of who is going to go further between Price and Fury. Just a major setback for Price tonight. He needs the rounds but has been knocking out most of his opponents instead.
Flexe is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 06:49 PM   #24
JFT96
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Amen fellow Fury fan.
Don't think that agreeing with iceferg strengthens your argument. Look through his post history to see his boxing & non-boxing related opinions and you'll see what a loon he is.
JFT96 is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 06:50 PM   #25
I TuCKeR 93 I

Not with that chin.
I TuCKeR 93 I is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #26
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Amen fellow Fury fan.

I think I've seen you saying same as me before but now they're all switching sides. I feel sorry for Price tbh, I am still a fan of him as well but always preferred Fury n rated him higher. He'd still be a real threat against Fury but I think tonight proves that without a doubt at the moment Fury is the more complete boxer.

The point you make about Price being one dimensional is true, at least at world level. IMO and I've said this before, Chisora would be a real threat to Price as well. I think he needs a new trainer, Skelton exposed his weakness to being on the back foot now Thompson has shockingly exposed his chin. Price can come back but at the moment Fury is the better boxer and let's not forget Fury is improving as well.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 06:58 PM   #27
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by a force 1989 View Post

If Chisora was fat and out of shape then what do you call Thompson? because he was coming off a long lay-off after a knock-out loss at a career heaviest weight. It's a real shame for Price but he can comeback, face reality and stop being silly.

I think Fury most likely will go after Thompson and Chisora and Johnson are at least near his level.
iceferg is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #28
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Considering Fury's age and lack of AM experience I'd say the likes of McD were far sterner tests than the likes of ***ton and Dallas.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 10:41 PM   #29
DDDUUDDDEE
Undisputed Ambien (taker)
East Side Guru

Nope. Fury beats Thompson just like he did Johnson as well, after he deals with Cunningham.
DDDUUDDDEE is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #30
SRB
Journeyman

Does it matter? The legit test for both is Wilder. Neither will do unless a belt or mass money is on the line. Then again, Price was exposed tonight, Wilder could be also. Doesn't mask that tonight was another red face for British heavyweights
SRB is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum