Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-23-2013, 10:59 PM   #31
SRB
Journeyman

vCash: 500
Default Re: Does Price still beat Fury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Price has a perforated eardrum from that punch. Got him right on the ear it did. Serious injury that, no wonder he looked so wobbly. His balance must have completely gone. Just one of those fatal punches that there's not a lot you can do about.
So does Carl Frampton (eardrum v Kiko), hence why he will fight in June not May. Doesn't mask the fact a decent British boxer got creamed once he went into his semi-comfort zone. Lets face it. Beating fat old guys at home doesn't make you the next coming of Tyson (Mike, not Fury, another guy on borrowed time)
SRB is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 04:20 AM   #32
DeathEater

Same thing will happen to Brooke.

Fight bum after bum, has beens with zero threat and minute you step up to someone half decent you get knocked out.

Lack of quality opponants cost price
DeathEater is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 04:26 AM   #33
a force 1989
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceferg View Post
If Chisora was fat and out of shape then what do you call Thompson? because he was coming off a long lay-off after a knock-out loss at a career heaviest weight. It's a real shame for Price but he can comeback, face reality and stop being silly.

I think Fury most likely will go after Thompson and Chisora and Johnson are at least near his level.
Not been silly, Chisora's biggest asset is his high workrate & getting on a fighters chest & letting his shots go, he doesn't have one punch ko power so if he comes in badly out of shape he's effectively no chance at all of pulling off the upset.

Thompson's a 6'6 southpaw who can dig and even if he's overweight & knocking on age wise there's always a chance he'll catch you especially early doors like he did with Price.

You've only to watch both Klitschko fights with Thompson to see that Wladimir broke him down gradually rather than looking for an early ko knowing what Thompson can do
a force 1989 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 04:48 AM   #34
Taylor2010
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
How will Price cope with his mobility and the fact he switches tactics on the fly?How will he cope with his punch variation and angles?How will he cope with his switch hitting? He won't IMO,Fury also hits plenty hard enough to knock him out...Slow as mollases Thompson just folded Price like a deck chair? Fury will jab his face off,where is Price's jab? He's fallen in love with his power and thinks he can KO anyone so relies on the same ****ing shots over and over.
Taylor2010 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 05:36 AM   #35
sg85
Bang on the chan
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Yes - last night changes nothing.
sg85 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 06:13 AM   #36
danieljohn
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 216

wheres this wilder hype coming from hes another whos getting matched right no chin like price, i do like price heavy handed but just to robotic anyone whos decent power n lands beats him, fury is very mobile for a big man moves round the ring well gets behind the jab, its a open division a poor one at that so to be fair they probably all have a chance once the brothers decide to hang them up
danieljohn is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 06:15 AM   #37
Athenry04
Journeyman

****ing hell, Sconiers dropped Wilder, Price or Fury would have no problems.
Athenry04 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 06:16 AM   #38
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

How many people still picking Price are scousers? Genuine question.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 07:03 AM   #39
wallworkjake123
Belt holder
ESB Addict

I've always favoured Fury to beat Price, and this is controversial, but I also said Johnson would give Price problems and could possibly beat him. After tonight, I think Fury stops Price and Johnson beats him too.
wallworkjake123 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #40
Smudger
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1323

He still can beat fury.
Smudger is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 07:16 AM   #41
Mike Hunt
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Tyson fury ....I'm gonna spank this little bitch tony Thompson all round the ring! Granddaddy is getting it for koing price!! Ill get him for u @davidprice
Mike Hunt is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 08:09 AM   #42
garymcfall
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 944

I admit I thought Price would beat Fury before last night, and I don't think Fury is particularly good and I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened to him in the near future, but there are now serious question marks over Price's punch resistance.

I always felt Price was as slow as a week in the jail and that he would be beaten before he got to a Klitschko but I didn't think it would happen last night.

I'm not sure who would win now and wouldn't be surprised to see Fury KO him.
garymcfall is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #43
p.Townend
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Price has a perforated eardrum from that punch. Got him right on the ear it did. Serious injury that, no wonder he looked so wobbly. His balance must have completely gone. Just one of those fatal punches that there's not a lot you can do about.
Was saying the same thing on another thread. He looked more confused than hurt. It was a strange punch,it happens sometimes. I remember Jesse Ferguson saying his balance was shot but his head was clear when he got stopped by Bruno. There will be more examples of it as well. Im taking nothing from Tony Thompson here,he won by KO and it is a good win for the bloke,but I dont think Price has a chin problem.
p.Townend is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 08:32 AM   #44
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

I understand that he was hit in an awkward spot but I can't help but think if that shot had hit him on the chin he would have been knocked out despite the lightness of it, in no way can I look at Price and think, you know what? I bet this man can take a good shot, he's sturdy as ****.

He just isn't and looks vulnerable when ever a fist is near his head.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 09:22 AM   #45
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Fury in his last few fights has progressed nicely ... Price on the other hand has looked exactly the same,and in the Skelton and Thompson fights pretty ****ing basic,relying on nothing but that right hand,Fury has looked much better than Price recently,who gives a **** if he doesn't have 1 punch knockout power,he still has plenty enough to spark Price.
lordgore is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum