Old 02-24-2013, 05:36 PM   #61
DeMarco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Does Price still beat Fury?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
I'd still like to know outside of his power what Price actually does better than Fury? He's nowhere near as fluid,doesn't have the punch variety,doesn't use angles,never see him boxing from behind a jab ... Has about 2 different punches he throws over and over .. I'd even say Fury probably has the better gas tank.
Price throws body hooks, and a jab, straight combination. He doesn't seem to have a good attitude for a boxer. No fight in him when the going gets tough. Imagine Price getting hit by that shot T.F got hit with by Pajkic..
DeMarco is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 05:46 PM   #62
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMarco View Post
Price throws body hooks, and a jab, straight combination. He doesn't seem to have a good attitude for a boxer. No fight in him when the going gets tough. Imagine Price getting hit by that shot T.F got hit with by Pajkic..
Or the shots he took off of Firtha .. people can say what they want but they were flush shots and Fury recovered well,he is a born fighter and it shows ... Price folded like a deck chair with the first proper shot he took.(Ingleby doesn't really count,but even then he looked stunned).
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 06:02 AM   #63
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

vCash: 664

Quote:
Originally Posted by a force 1989 View Post
Yes he does for me. Still can't see what others see in Fury.

I still think Price would take Fury out in 3 rounds. I'd love to see Fury in with Thompson next but Fat Mick won't be letting him anywhere near
Comedy post of the year so far...Please don't insult our intelligence by trying to build Thompson up into something that he isn't
icemax is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 06:06 AM   #64
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulieMc View Post
Price has a perforated eardrum from that punch. Got him right on the ear it did. Serious injury that, no wonder he looked so wobbly. His balance must have completely gone. Just one of those fatal punches that there's not a lot you can do about.
Come on mate, its got **** all to do with a perforated eardrum, he has a glass skull.... That was called on here by Skills and my Mrs months ago. He got dropped by exactly the same cuffing shot to the side of the head by Fury in the Ams
icemax is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 06:12 AM   #65
icemax
Indian Red
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hunt View Post
Tyson fury ....I'm gonna spank this little bitch tony Thompson all round the ring! Granddaddy is getting it for koing price!! Ill get him for u @davidprice
icemax is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 06:15 AM   #66
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

I said prior to this fight I'd pick Fury should the two of them meet, purely on the basis that Fury has operated on a higher level and beaten the better opposition. Before Saturday we knew NOTHING about Price other than he had a big right hand. The way Skelton got to him in the first round of their fight showed me he's not that hard to hit and his chin was always in question after his amateur stoppages. Whenever I brought that up you had the Price lovers banging on about Fury being put on his arse against that Pajkic fella but he got up and stopped him. That shot would have had Price out cold.

If they fight now Fury stops him, Price folded against Cammarelle after one shot in head gear and 22oz gloves, now gets the spaghetti legs from a glancing short punch, ear drum or no ear drum, Prices legs don't have the strength in them for him to hold a shot from a big heavyweight. Thompson turned up fat and must have been desperate for a pay day as if he was serious about taking the fight to get back in the mix why come in the worst shape of your career? Price can only have success now by adopting tactics that stop him from getting hit, he can't trade even with his power as he is like Khan in that if he tries to exchange his chin won't hold up.
JonnyBGoode is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 06:23 AM   #67
dftaylor
Writer, fanatic
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Come on mate, its got **** all to do with a perforated eardrum, he has a glass skull.... That was called on here by Skills and my Mrs months ago. He got dropped by exactly the same cuffing shot to the side of the head by Fury in the Ams
Manny Pacquiao fought nine rounds against Cotto with a perforated ear drum and dominated nearly every one of them. Price just can't hold a shot.
dftaylor is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 06:52 AM   #68
Macky
Contender
ESB Senior Member

It's a case of who connects first for me. Tyson's chin is non existant, as is Price's
Macky is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 07:24 AM   #69
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Can someone please explain to me when Fury's chin has been asked questions ?

I can only remember him being down once, from a huge over hand right, I then remember him dusting himself off, not looking particularly disorientated then stopping his opponent.

He doesn't carry the power of Price but Fury has taken everything thrown at him at HW and has fought better opposition too.
Old 02-25-2013, 07:59 AM   #70
a force 1989
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icemax View Post
Comedy post of the year so far...Please don't insult our intelligence by trying to build Thompson up into something that he isn't
He's an established top 10 HW something that neither of Fury or Price have proved.

I think Mick's going down the safety first route with his fighters as he's scared of losing his TV deal, fighting a 6 foot 5, world level southpaw won't be in his plans.
a force 1989 is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 08:11 AM   #71
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by a force 1989 View Post
He's an established top 10 HW something that neither of Fury or Price have proved.

I think Mick's going down the safety first route with his fighters as he's scared of losing his TV deal, fighting a 6 foot 5, world level southpaw won't be in his plans.
That's laughable, Fury has already beaten Chisora, Johnson and is fighting Cunningham who are all leagues above anyone Price has fought. Thompson maybe 6ft 5 and a southpaw but he looked dross in his fight with Wlad then turned up to the Price fight sporting a bigger pair of tits than Jordan.

He might not be on MH's radar for Fury but probably on the basis that there are higher ranked opponents that Fury can make more money out of fighting like Adamek, Helenius etc.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:17 AM   #72
DeMarco
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
That's laughable, Fury has already beaten Chisora, Johnson and is fighting Cunningham who are all leagues above anyone Price has fought. Thompson maybe 6ft 5 and a southpaw but he looked dross in his fight with Wlad then turned up to the Price fight sporting a bigger pair of tits than Jordan.

He might not be on MH's radar for Fury but probably on the basis that there are higher ranked opponents that Fury can make more money out of fighting like Adamek, Helenius etc.
I think he will make the TT fight. Logical to me, and would completely destroy Price's confidence when Fury beats him.

Anyone else wonder why Maloney didn't mention a Fury fight for a mil again?
DeMarco is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 08:21 AM   #73
JonnyBGoode
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Fury doesn't care about Price now, that fight wasn't that close to happening anyway, now it is as good as obsolete to most people. Price needs to string 5 wins against decent opposition together to be in with a shout of even getting that fight made, Thompson wasn't a major figure in the HW weight world in any more before Saturday night anyway and all that has shown me is that Price is chinny not that TT "still has it" or that he is going to recapture the form to get back to title contention. By his own admission he ate doughnuts and KFC throughout his training camp and pretty much every word out of his mouth has been about money, not once has mentioned his burning desire to be HW champion it's all about just getting some money in the bank for him.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:36 AM   #74
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Why would Fury care that TT is a southpaw when he fights orth and southpaw himself? It's not going to phase him atall,he's used to it,spars with them etc ... Fury would stop TT IMO.And the stuff about Fury's chin is nonsnese .. down once,recovered in about 30 seconds.Has taken shit loads of flush shots that have had no effect,Price on the otherhand ...
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 02-25-2013, 08:38 AM   #75
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyBGoode View Post
Fury doesn't care about Price now, that fight wasn't that close to happening anyway, now it is as good as obsolete to most people. Price needs to string 5 wins against decent opposition together to be in with a shout of even getting that fight made, Thompson wasn't a major figure in the HW weight world in any more before Saturday night anyway and all that has shown me is that Price is chinny not that TT "still has it" or that he is going to recapture the form to get back to title contention. By his own admission he ate doughnuts and KFC throughout his training camp and pretty much every word out of his mouth has been about money, not once has mentioned his burning desire to be HW champion it's all about just getting some money in the bank for him.
Fury wouldn't have gone down from a shot like that,that's for sure .. he wouldn't have made the sloppy mistake to allow it to connect anyway .. some on here saying that shot would have knocked out Ali and Chuvalo .. and being completely serious about it
lordgore is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum