Old 02-23-2013, 08:09 PM   #31
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

vCash: 500
Default Re: What now for Price?

Quote:
Originally Posted by joegrundy View Post
Obviously its different when you're there but Pricey clearly won the first for me and looked like he was on his way to winning the second. He was backing Thompson into corners at times and looked decent. Obviously hard to work out when its only been 5 minutes or so of fighting.

Stoppage was awful though, after watching it again once I got back I'm struggling to see how the punch hurt him that badly. It is a long road to the top now and unfortunately I don't think he'll get there. The momentum behind him in Liverpool will completely go after tonight as well.
That is true mate it's going to take some rebuilding really does. From himself as a fighter to his image because the shot and wobble is comical really.

He didn't lose to a prime fighter neither. It's a bad look for Price if i was Maloney (lord willing he's fine) get him out asap maybe even abroad on a undercard a few 10 rounders.

Problem is he's Frank's money man..
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 08:11 PM   #32
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
You can't buy a life.
Are you a David Price fan mate?
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 08:13 PM   #33
southpawironjaw
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 236

I'd say defend the British against Towers, get some real quality sparring in and fight someone tough like Chisora. I don't see the point in him taking on guys that he could blast out in a couple of rounds, it's doing that which has got him in this mess.He can come back and do good things imo, but for me the last thing he needs is to fight people who are just going to roll over.
southpawironjaw is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 08:14 PM   #34
macho_grande
"I'll never get over"
ESB Addict

vCash: 1534

It wasn't even a Hayemaker to the ear. It was an arm punch that didnt even land clean.

Everyone said he had bad punch resistance & deep down Price would have questioned that himself. **** knows how he comes back from this
macho_grande is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 08:15 PM   #35
oli
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Retirement. He's got bum written all over his him
oli is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 08:21 PM   #36
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
That is true mate it's going to take some rebuilding really does. From himself as a fighter to his image because the shot and wobble is comical really.

He didn't lose to a prime fighter neither. It's a bad look for Price if i was Maloney (lord willing he's fine) get him out asap maybe even abroad on a undercard a few 10 rounders.

Problem is he's Frank's money man..
Frank is ****ed prmotional wise now because I can't see Pricey selling the ECHO arena out again unless he has won a couple of fights before hand and looked good. I doubt he'd even sell Aintree (struggled to sell it out for Skelton, tickets only on sale for 3 weeks though).

I do think Price is a good fighter with a number of decent fundamentals, obviously however his weaknesses will cause him major problems in the heavyweight division. A bit like Audley Harrison, good at his level but when he steps up he'll have problems. I hope I'm wrong and he can progress otherwise he might end up having a lot of defences of his British title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Yes but that jokes crap regardless.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 08:22 PM   #37
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 2592

Quote:
Originally Posted by southpawironjaw View Post
I'd say defend the British against Towers, get some real quality sparring in and fight someone tough like Chisora. I don't see the point in him taking on guys that he could blast out in a couple of rounds, it's doing that which has got him in this mess.He can come back and do good things imo, but for me the last thing he needs is to fight people who are just going to roll over.
Hard though because if he gets blasted out again he might think its time to quit etc.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 08:26 PM   #38
Bronxbull666
The Beast From The East
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

A guy his size could put 2 stone on and work on his core strength. He needs steaks and bacon, not a dietician or some stupid coach and promoter. Take a year out, relax and then go for Chisora and maybe a Euro title. Bad loss and unnecessary
Bronxbull666 is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 09:16 PM   #39
destruction
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

I wonder what hope now for a Fury match up
destruction is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #40
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

I said for a long time that he had no chin and I was amazed it was argued. However, I'm also amazed to see cunts saying he should retire as if not being a world champion means you can't have a career.

But, let's be clear...he is never becoming a world champion. You can achieve that with a shaky chin like Khan has..but the truth is that Price paws the jab, has a horrible chin and is 30. He's going nowhere in world terms. I actually started to change my view a bit, but tonight...WOW.

There was no leverage to that shot. He cannot live at that level. But he can still have a career. I'm drunk.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 09:27 PM   #41
Strike
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1667

Oh and Fury is going nowhere too.
Strike is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 09:36 PM   #42
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
You can't buy a life.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #43
ImElvis666
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 227381

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
Oh and Fury is going nowhere too.
Who is there coming through that looks many levels beyond Fury? The division looks like it's going to go from bad to worse when the only two proper elite heavyweights leave.

I'm not saying Fury is fantastic but the division is so shite, he's going to be near the top of the division for the post-Klit era.
ImElvis666 is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 10:00 PM   #44
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1449

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImElvis666 View Post
Who is there coming through that looks many levels beyond Fury? The division looks like it's going to go from bad to worse when the only two proper elite heavyweights leave.

I'm not saying Fury is fantastic but the division is so shite, he's going to be near the top of the division for the post-Klit era.
Just right now I feel Pulev and Glazkov are a level above Fury. I see Fury on a head to head basis amongst the new crop similar to Helenius, Boytsov, Jennings, Wilder, Ortiz, Perez, Abdusalamov. Although saying that I expect in 5 years time quite a few of the AM stars to have surpassed at least half of the above. With those being names like Joshua, Dyhko, Medzhidov and Joyce.
Manning is offline  Top
Old 02-23-2013, 10:26 PM   #45
SMS Employee
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
your avatar is ****ing hilarious
SMS Employee is offline  Top