Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-24-2013, 08:03 AM   #61
ron u.k.
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Re: What now for Price?

That doesn't auger well. I know the punch hit an awkward spot or whatever but really he was out it in there. I just can't see him taking anything from the top guys.
ron u.k. is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 08:08 AM   #62
True_Hero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Thinking about it, I was wrong saying he needs to build his confidence up fighting bums. Really, I think his next fight should be against someone he can easily beat but who has credibility... a rematch with Audley would be a good choice imo. Then I think a fight with Helenius.

Helenius is decent but, he does look vulnerable. I think Price could do him. Giving Helenius his first loss too would be a good way to scrape back some of Price's credibility. After that, perhaps a fight with Chisora? Another good opponent but one who is beatable.
True_Hero is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 08:12 AM   #63
garymcfall
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 944

He might need to turn into a boring fighter that doesn't take chances now I'm afraid because that chin looks disgraceful to be quite honest.
garymcfall is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 08:21 AM   #64
JohnH
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Hero View Post
New trainer, new promoter.

Work on his defence since his guard was awful and spend the next year fighting bums again to build his confidence up. Basically start from scratch. He really does need to work on his defence. That's a must.

Hope he can bounce back from this.
Agree he needs a new trainer and a new promoter. His defence is shockingly poor. I look at the progress Tyson Fury has made under Peter Fury and how his style/defence has changed. He is a much different fighter compared to 12-18months ago.

Price needs to do the same, but first he needs to get back in the ring quickly...
JohnH is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 08:24 AM   #65
Special
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1141

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigboots View Post
he can come back. V. Klitchko hasnt got a chin & he came back. His left hand needs to be glued to his chin when he isn't throwing it.
Vitali has one of best chins in boxing
Special is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 08:45 AM   #66
lost
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 300

A wise man once said "Setback just lead the way to comebacks"
lost is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 08:46 AM   #67
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Learn to fight on the inside instead of trying to grab hold when someone gets close.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 08:51 AM   #68
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by True_Hero View Post
Thinking about it, I was wrong saying he needs to build his confidence up fighting bums. Really, I think his next fight should be against someone he can easily beat but who has credibility... a rematch with Audley would be a good choice imo. Then I think a fight with Helenius.

Helenius is decent but, he does look vulnerable. I think Price could do him. Giving Helenius his first loss too would be a good way to scrape back some of Price's credibility. After that, perhaps a fight with Chisora? Another good opponent but one who is beatable.
Hadn't thought of it,but looking at it maybe Helenius isn't a bad idea after the obvious,obligatory easy East European.Then maybe rematch Thompson.IMO he should have at least 3 more this year.
Didn't agree with what Buncy was saying on BN that its only one loss,Lennox had them,etc.For me,it must have been devastating.So sorry for the lad.He can come back,maybe against Chisora later on.Leave Pulev alone until he wins the title.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 08:54 AM   #69
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Also, he should get out of liverpool. Move himself out of the area.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 09:27 AM   #70
True_Hero
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TED 822 View Post
Hadn't thought of it,but looking at it maybe Helenius isn't a bad idea after the obvious,obligatory easy East European.Then maybe rematch Thompson.IMO he should have at least 3 more this year.
Didn't agree with what Buncy was saying on BN that its only one loss,Lennox had them,etc.For me,it must have been devastating.So sorry for the lad.He can come back,maybe against Chisora later on.Leave Pulev alone until he wins the title.
Yup, Helenius is beatable, Chisora showed that, but has the credibility so Price will look good beating him. He'd be the perfect opponent for Price's comeback.

I kinda agree with Buncy. It is one loss that exposed a major flaw in Price's style. Better for him to learn now whilst he's still young so he can work on it. I can't see his chin getting better but if he can build a solid style that protects his weakness (If I was him I'd just copy Wlad) then he can overcome this loss.

Other boxers have had bad early defeats and done well. Wlad losing to Ross Puritty and Pacman losing to Torrecampo early on in their careers. Even Amir Khan, yeah he's not great but he bounced back okay from his embarrassing loss to Prescott.
True_Hero is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 09:31 AM   #71
SkillspayBills
Mandanda Running E-Pen
East Side VIP

Whoever's shaped Price body has done a awful job. I know someone who worked with Maloney doing bits and pieces and remarked on how quick and vast Price's body shape had changed.

He's become top heavy, stiff as a rod and for all the power punching lacks flexibility. Yesterday he couldn't gauge the range that well, He got over committed due to the plan that Smith put together. ''Make Thompson think he's entering round 7 of the Wlad fight''. They've cloned and based all there works on another human being when we're all unique and have our own ways and develop differently.

Anyways back to the fight he gets eager after thinking he had Thompson going which he never once did. Thompson was calm throughout the bombardment on ropes and created some space between him and Price and had a attack just fended off moments before the finishing punch.

Price throws, Thompson throws a half shot and pulls it and slips inside shifting through the ranges neatly and then stepping to his right. Price is caught in transition he's now side on to Thompson and Thompson is in control. Price turns and instead of accepting failure he throws a wild panicked hook which is wild and crude and gets hit on ear drum a terrible place to be hit.

Perforated Eardrums mean lose of balance and messes up the equalibrium (poor spelling?). Price cannot deal with the transitions like that because he's so stiff up top and also is to square in stance and mainly relies on punching then reseting at his own pace.

He's been to used to having it his own way. He's not had a gutcheck and hasn't been hit for years in a fight then steps up to that level. Poor match making for Price for a while and his trainers tactics were poor IMHO.

I think Price needs to go away, Box on some international cards and reshape his body as well as skills. He should of pivoted with Thompson and kept his hands at home it is really that simple. Price for me punches then waits for punches to come back he's not used to that type of combat.

I thought his jab was poor as well last night it wasn't as good as it has been he seemed to struggle with the offsetting of Thompson who's always been awkward in his movements.

The problem with comparing last nights stoppage to Wladimir and Lewis are levels of ability, The type of punch of punch and the physical maturity i mean Lewis vs McCall is vastly different IMHO. I think it's hard to see how Price bounces back from this IMO. He can still have a good career but he never was and never will be like Wladimir or as good.
SkillspayBills is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #72
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post
Whoever's shaped Price body has done a awful job. I know someone who worked with Maloney doing bits and pieces and remarked on how quick and vast Price's body shape had changed.

He's become top heavy, stiff as a rod and for all the power punching lacks flexibility. Yesterday he couldn't gauge the range that well, He got over committed due to the plan that Smith put together. ''Make Thompson think he's entering round 7 of the Wlad fight''. They've cloned and based all there works on another human being when we're all unique and have our own ways and develop differently.

Anyways back to the fight he gets eager after thinking he had Thompson going which he never once did. Thompson was calm throughout the bombardment on ropes and created some space between him and Price and had a attack just fended off moments before the finishing punch.

Price throws, Thompson throws a half shot and pulls it and slips inside shifting through the ranges neatly and then stepping to his right. Price is caught in transition he's now side on to Thompson and Thompson is in control. Price turns and instead of accepting failure he throws a wild panicked hook which is wild and crude and gets hit on ear drum a terrible place to be hit.

Perforated Eardrums mean lose of balance and messes up the equalibrium (poor spelling?). Price cannot deal with the transitions like that because he's so stiff up top and also is to square in stance and mainly relies on punching then reseting at his own pace.

He's been to used to having it his own way. He's not had a gutcheck and hasn't been hit for years in a fight then steps up to that level. Poor match making for Price for a while and his trainers tactics were poor IMHO.

I think Price needs to go away, Box on some international cards and reshape his body as well as skills. He should of pivoted with Thompson and kept his hands at home it is really that simple. Price for me punches then waits for punches to come back he's not used to that type of combat.

I thought his jab was poor as well last night it wasn't as good as it has been he seemed to struggle with the offsetting of Thompson who's always been awkward in his movements.

The problem with comparing last nights stoppage to Wladimir and Lewis are levels of ability, The type of punch of punch and the physical maturity i mean Lewis vs McCall is vastly different IMHO. I think it's hard to see how Price bounces back from this IMO. He can still have a good career but he never was and never will be like Wladimir or as good.
Spot on post mate
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 09:38 AM   #73
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

Does anyone know how long a perforated eardrum takes to heal & how long Price will be out for?

A little holiday away from the sport will do Price a lot of good imo.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #74
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrMo View Post
Does anyone know how long a perforated eardrum takes to heal & how long Price will be out for?

A little holiday away from the sport will do Price a lot of good imo.
My younger bro's took ****ing ages,said it was unbearable at times.
He was a bit of a tit with it though and went swimming lol,getting it wet,no go.
Will probably take a month i'd imagine.
lordgore is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 09:44 AM   #75
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkillspayBills View Post

That's a great post.
Bill C84 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum