Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2013, 12:34 PM   #46
Aces
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

History will remember the name Calzaghe, years after Froch has retired. He's undefeated, carefully matched or not, he's undefeated, that's a big deal. He has a bridge named after him in Wales. He"ll be knighted one day and when he passes away, there will be some statue of him put up wherever he is from in Wales.

Calzaghe is known. Froch ain't shit, but another ten a penny boxer with a decent record.
Aces is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #47
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 81
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
History will remember the name Calzaghe, years after Froch has retired. He's undefeated, carefully matched or not, he's undefeated, that's a big deal. He has a bridge named after him in Wales. He"ll be knighted one day and when he passes away, there will be some statue of him put up wherever he is from in Wales.

Calzaghe is known. Froch ain't shit, but another ten a penny boxer with a decent record.
Undefeated means jack shit when most of your opponents were farmers and part time bell boys.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:38 PM   #48
Boro chris
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: I'm not Jesus Christ. I've come to accept that now.
Posts: 5,142
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIGEREDGE View Post
hes better than they were when they faced j.c in 97 and 08 respectively

hes not greater than them two
Correct. Though it should be added that Calzaghe was pretty green when facing Eubank and a little past his best against Hopkins.
Boro chris is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:41 PM   #49
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,273
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boro chris View Post
Correct. Though it should be added that Calzaghe was pretty green when facing Eubank and a little past his best against Hopkins.
and he was past his best against prime kessler. thank you more ammunition to use against the froch ass lickers
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:46 PM   #50
Aces
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Undefeated means jack shit when most of your opponents were farmers and part time bell boys.
He fought decent opposition overall. I am by no means a massive fan, but it's an insult for Froch to compare himself to Calzaghe and acting all mysterious with the Kessler question. Kessler is Calzaghes check mate. Ward schooled Froch, Dirrell beat him, Calzaghe was never schooled by anyone.
Aces is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:49 PM   #51
TIGEREDGE
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 3,273
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
F*cking right on though pal!

My dad has been to some of his early fights, and apparently that wench and all her mates were at one fight in Sheffield up in the cheap seats. And she was screaming and shouting all f*cking fight, she couldn't wait to tell everyone around that is her special man.

They are made for one another. It will all end in tears!

He is is one bigoted arrogant self important cunt, begging to get sparked out! The older he gets, his punch resistance will get less and less. I reckon he will get taken out before the end of his career. And he will deserve it for a being a cunt outside the ring. It will be a lesson, and he will become a better person because of it.
what will her scraming be like if he gets sparked ala hatton against pac. some people ringside will go deaf ha

met froch and his bird in hamburg at weigh in. seemed ok signed autographs for everyone. still think hes a prick like
TIGEREDGE is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:52 PM   #52
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 81
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
He fought decent opposition overall. I am by no means a massive fan, but it's an insult for Froch to compare himself to Calzaghe and acting all mysterious with the Kessler question. Kessler is Calzaghes check mate. Ward schooled Froch, Dirrell beat him, Calzaghe was never schooled by anyone.
I don't think many people on here would claim Froch is the better fighter of the two because Clearly he isn't, sometimes legacy's are about far more than how good the fighter was though, Froch will look back on his career with no regrets and knowing he fought everybody that was worth a damn, can you really say the same about Calzaghe?
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #53
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Bill, did you phone Buncey yesterday?
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:57 PM   #54
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 81
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Bill, did you phone Buncey yesterday?
Obviously not as it would have been Bill from Kent wouldn't it? Dickhead.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:59 PM   #55
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Obviously not as it would have been Bill from Kent wouldn't it? Dickhead.
You might not be Bill. You might be Wendy for all we know. Dickhead. Closet fag.
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:02 PM   #56
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Kent. UK.
Posts: 5,165
vCash: 81
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
You might not be Bill. You might be Wendy for all we know. Dickhead. Closet fag.
And now he's trolling me.

What's the matter Winton have I touched a nerve?
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:03 PM   #57
BadJuju83
Bolivian
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 1,985
vCash: 75
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Froch in talking pish shock.
BadJuju83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:05 PM   #58
sud2002
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,035
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Calzaghe beat a prime Kessler.
sud2002 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #59
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 2,474
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
And now he's trolling me.

What's the matter Winton have I touched a nerve?
Nope.

You tell people they dont know shit about boxing on a forum and then type up shit like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
Undefeated means jack shit when most of your opponents were farmers and part time bell boys.
Why even punish your keyboard with that tripe?
craney91 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:07 PM   #60
Aces
Journeyman
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 77
vCash: 500
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
I don't think many people on here would claim Froch is the better fighter of the two because Clearly he isn't, sometimes legacy's are about far more than how good the fighter was though, Froch will look back on his career with no regrets and knowing he fought everybody that was worth a damn, can you really say the same about Calzaghe?
His work ethic was certainly better than Joes, Fr@nk even admitted Joe did not take boxing seriously enough and if he did there would be no unanswered questions regarding his legacy.

Froch has Calzaghe as a benchmark, he's desperate to surpass him as the better fighter, this comes across as bitterness, Joe didn't have that. He has set the benchmark for guys like Froch to follow. Legacy is not just about who you fought, but as you the person. Froch is not likeable at all, cold, dry humour, just not the type of athlete people will remember. By that I mean the wider public, not boxing fans. He's certainly no candidate for dancing on ice when he retires.

Froch lost to the guy Calzaghe beat while he was in his prime. Styles make fights and all, but this is what people will remember
Aces is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013