Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 81
Default Re: Froch mouthing of in the sunday star

Quote:
Originally Posted by craney91 View Post
Nope.

You tell people they dont know shit about boxing on a forum and then type up shit like this:

Why even punish your keyboard with that tripe?
That is a valid argument that some people may or may not agree with and yes you don't know shit about boxing or if you do, you hide it pretty well because lets face it, most of the shit that comes out of your mouth is to get a reaction and to be different because you hope to look cool.

You failed.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 01:11 PM   #62
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

At the time, when there was a Lull in Joes Career, He was going through a costly Divorce, think about it . One question, when Joe was at His best, would you have backed against Him, I think not.
scrap is online now  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #63
PabstBlueRibbon
She needs the D.
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

JC just barely edging him for now.
PabstBlueRibbon is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:15 PM   #64
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post
That is a valid argument that some people may or may not agree with and yes you don't know shit about boxing or if you do, you hide it pretty well because most of the shit that comes out of your mouth is to get a reaction and be different because you hope to look cool.

You failed.
I didnt try.

Lets be honest, whenever I say something, this whole ****ing forum bites. You included William/Wendy/Wanker.

If your gonna come out with that shit, make sure you dont take it out of context, balance it with what Calzaghe has done.

If Calzaghe is nothing for being undefeated, then why was Froch so devastated after losing to Kessler and Ward? Calzaghe was undefeated and beat some very good fighters.

And just like dftaylor said, the Hopkins and Kessler victories out shadow anything Carl Froch has done.

Carl Froch is an over rated self important cunt, with a fanboy following.

You being one of those.

Now Bill, why dont you grace the world with why you know shit about boxing?

And don't come out with the "I've done it card" like some do....tell us all why you know shit Wendy. Come on.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:16 PM   #65
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
His work ethic was certainly better than Joes, Fr@nk even admitted Joe did not take boxing seriously enough and if he did there would be no unanswered questions regarding his legacy.

Froch has Calzaghe as a benchmark, he's desperate to surpass him as the better fighter, this comes across as bitterness, Joe didn't have that. He has set the benchmark for guys like Froch to follow. Legacy is not just about who you fought, but as you the person. Froch is not likeable at all, cold, dry humour, just not the type of athlete people will remember. By that I mean the wider public, not boxing fans. He's certainly no candidate for dancing on ice when he retires.

Froch lost to the guy Calzaghe beat while he was in his prime. Styles make fights and all, but this is what people will remember
You make a fair argument, It's worth noting Froch's career isn't over yet he could still go on to enhance his legacy.

I can understand why people don't like his personality but each to their own, I don't mind him and think Calzaghe was a bit of a knob.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #66
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
I didnt try.

Lets be honest, whenever I say something, this whole ****ing forum bites. You included William/Wendy/Wanker.

If your gonna come out with that shit, make sure you dont take it out of context, balance it with what Calzaghe has done.

If Calzaghe is nothing for being undefeated, then why was Froch so devastated after losing to Kessler and Ward? Calzaghe was undefeated and beat some very good fighters.

And just like dftaylor said, the Hopkins and Kessler victories out shadow anything Carl Froch has done.

Carl Froch is an over rated self important cunt, with a fanboy following.

You being one of those.

Now Bill, why dont you grace the world with why you know shit about boxing?

And don't come out with the "I've done it card" like some do....tell us all why you know shit Wendy. Come on.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:18 PM   #67
FloydWillnever
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I always get the feeling thst Froch seems to be upset not with legacy but at the fact a lot of other British fighters have had easier routes to fame and fortune. While he's been fighting tough opponents in their back yards with a lot of both.
FloydWillnever is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #68
sud2002
Contender
ESB Senior Member

A lot of these wins over these 'great' wins of Froch's, I believe were either over hyped or past it. Lets look at it this way:

Dirrell - what has he achieved? People look at boxers by their accomplishments and as far as I'm concerned he hasn't proved to be a great or even good fighter.

Taylor - Was shot, what has he gone onto do after the fight?

Bute - Was definitly on form but has so far only proven to be a decent fighter, I'd put him on the same level as Calzaghe's win over Lacy.

Abraham - A pretty good win - hasn't set the world a light in the division, but no doubt you have to say this was a pretty good win.

Pascal - Probably the best win of Froch's career, Pascal has gone onto have some good wins after the fight so you can't really argue that he was past it.

For me Abraham and Pascal are Froch's only wins against good not past it opponents.

Whereas Calzaghe's are: Kessler; you can't really have any argument about this one. And Hopkins, a better Hopkins then the one that beat Pascal.
sud2002 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #69
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill C84 View Post

Airbrush that out for BULLSHIT and you have yourself an avatar Batty Boy Bill.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:21 PM   #70
Bill C84
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Airbrush that out for BULLSHIT and you have yourself an avatar Batty Boy Bill.

Nah I prefer this one.
Bill C84 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #71
FloydWillnever
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Look at it like this Joe Calzaghe is like Barcelona, multi-functional, can rely on more than one thing, can do it with the best, and can destroy the best.
But what we all really want to know is; can either Calzaghe or Barcelona perform on a "COLD, WET AND WINDY WEDNESDAY NIGHT AT THE BRITANNIA?!?!?!"
FloydWillnever is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:24 PM   #72
ero-sennin
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces View Post
Carl Froch is an absolute cunt of a person. The guys got such a big chip on his shoulder it's a joke.

He can never get any headlines apart from when he namedrops other more celebrated fighters.

Quite fitting he's spewing this bullshit in the Star, the choice for a classy guy like Froch, right beside a pic of his wife getting her tits out no doubt.

Guy should stfu about legacy, as the great Eubank Snr said, that's for others to judge not him

"it's funny 'cause it's true".
ero-sennin is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:26 PM   #73
craney91
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FloydWillnever View Post
I always get the feeling thst Froch seems to be upset not with legacy but at the fact a lot of other British fighters have had easier routes to fame and fortune. While he's been fighting tough opponents in their back yards with a lot of both.
Jealousy

Quote:
Jealousy is an [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and typically refers to the negative [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] of insecurity, fear, and anxiety over an anticipated loss of something that the person values, particularly in reference to a human connection. Jealousy often consists of a combination of presenting emotions such as [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], inadequacy, helplessness and [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. In the original broad meaning used in this article, jealousy is distinct from [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], though the two terms have popularly become [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] in the English language, with both now taking on the narrower definition originally used for envy alone.

Jealousy is a familiar experience in [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. It has been observed in infants five months and older.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] Some claim that jealousy is seen in every culture;[Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ][Only registered and activated users can see links. ] however, others claim jealousy is a culture-specific phenomenon.[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Its all to do with the warrior culture.

Froch's actions are best summed up as a form of jealousy, he is jealous of Joe Calzaghe for one. And for two, jealous of other fighters easy rises to fame compared to his own.

Carl Froch had zero exposure for a number of years, he only started getting it when Eddie Hearn came along. But now instead of Froch reveling in that and appreciating that, he is always focusing on everybody else, what they did, how they did it etc etc. Going on like everybody owes him something.

The only thing he is owed, and its well overdue now, is a humbling......and its coming. The blokes attitude changed as soon as he got the fame on Sky Sports. I used to be a fan of Carl for a number of years, when he didnt have that, as soon as he started getting the exposure he deserved, he became even more of a cunt, and that needs addressing.

Come on Mikkel.
craney91 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #74
fortysixando
Contender
ESB Senior Member

just wont drop it about calzaghe will he.he must be on his mind 24/7.so wish joe would come back just to shut him up
fortysixando is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:31 PM   #75
realsoulja
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 587

Carl Froch VS Joe Calzaghe

A brief history

Carl Froch at 13-0 likes a fight with Joe Calzaghe

"I'd like to fight Calzaghe, probably next year after a couple of fights for the British title," said Froch.

"That would be an outrageous win because Calzaghe's a good fighter, a very strong fighter, he's been around a few years, and I just feel I've got exactly what you need to beat him." - Carl Froch at 13-0

At this point, Carl Froch wasn't even the British SMW champion.

Joe Calzaghe dismisses Carl Froch

"Froch will have to work like I have done to establish myself on the world scene," - Joe Calzaghe

After these words where Calzaghe dismissed Carl Froch, Calzaghe went on to fight:-

Kabery Salem
Mario Veit
Evans Ashira

Froch laughs at Calzaghe's opponent Evans Ashira

"Then when Ashira walked out I almost choked on my cocoa. I had to do a double take to make sure it wasn't Baby Jake Matlala.

"I have come to expect Joe to pick on easy targets,"

I believe Calzaghe knows that isn't that hard a job.

Froch: I will end his career

"Why doesn't Joe get bold and call me out? Like I said before, perhaps he knows what I do: that I will smoke his boots, I will end his career.

Froch talks about Calzaghe's Dad

"Bully's don't call out the real big boys. They like to have things stacked in their favour, they want it all on their own terms. That's why when the going gets tough they run home to their daddies."

2006: Froch hopes of a Calzaghe clash

"I know what to do to beat Calzaghe,.......I don't think Calzaghe will fight me unless I put a meaningful title on the line but if I get one of the major belts he could not swerve me. - Carl Froch

"Carl will prove himself to be the best fighter in the country bar none. I truly believe he will knock Calzaghe out." - Fat Mick

Froch hoped for a Calzaghe fight, when Calzaghe just beaten Jeff Lacy.

2007: Froch says he would smoke Calzaghe's boots

WBO rankings at this point stood like:-

Champ: Joe Calzaghe
1. Dennis Inkin
2. Lucian Bute
3. Carl Froch

Calzaghe never fought any of the three closest ranked fighters.

"Joe says he's looking to make the most money possible from his next fight,........ Given the options open to him, that must mean fighting me. It certainly wouldn't mean someone like Inkin. - Carl Froch.

Quote:
With the WBO's number two-ranked contender Lucian Bute apparently not interested, Inkin is in prime position, but Froch says a fight between him and Calzaghe would be more lucrative.
"I am a proper challenger. I am the best in the division and politics shouldn't stop us meeting. It would be an exciting battle before I smoked his boots." - Froch

Froch is now on Calzaghe's Ass

"Soon he will have no choice but to vacate or fight me, then we will see what kind of man he is" - Carl Froch

"If he is a proud and strong man and a warrior, which I believe he is, he should step in the ring with me and we will put on a great British fight. - Carl Froch

Froch becomes the #1 challenger for Joe Calzaghe's WBC belt

"I consider myself world class now," the Nottingham fighter added. "I am on Joe's trail at the moment and I have already said I am willing to step up to light-heavyweight.

"There are other fights out there for me - Jurgen Breahmer and Christian Sannavia - but Joe Calzaghe is the big one for me."
- Carl Froch

Froch's team offer Calzaghe 5 Million

Quote:
Hennessy has offered Calzaghe, 36, a reported 5m to fight Froch if he gets past Canadian fighter Pascal.

Froch the WBC champ loses patience with Calzaghe

"My argument is not will Joe Calzaghe fight me because maybe I don't want to fight Joe Calzaghe,"

Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Calzaghe and Froch trade verbals

"He wants a pay day and I'm not going to give him one as I don't like the guy." - Joe Calzaghe

It would be a comfortable fight, I think I'd knock the guy out. - Joe Calzaghe

"And his comments that he'll knock me out? Joe Calzaghe doesn't knock anyone out these days, he slaps for 12 rounds." - Carl Froch

Carl Froch moves on to bigger things

"I dont think that fight will ever happen now, especially as Calzaghe's lifestyle was recently exposted......

I really dont care if he does come out of retirement or not," - Carl Froch

Froch wanted Calzaghe, End of story....

"I wanted the challenge and he didn't. End of story - Carl Froch

Joe Calzaghe: Carl Froch is a "spoilt little bloody bitch"

"He won a title that I gave up and hasn't stopped bitching about everybody," - Joe Calzaghe

"Because he's not making as much money and not getting on T.V I think he's bitter against the whole world. He's like a spoilt little bloody bitch. I don't mind saying that, either, that's okay, keep that in there, he'll like that one." - Joe Calzaghe

realsoulja is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum