Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #16
Bushbaby
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: Should Guerrero Try & Outbox Mayweather?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetHome_Bama View Post
No he can't. We saw Castillo and Ortiz superior infighters and physically fail at the same thing. Floyd would destroy Robert on the inside as well and the counters between his shots would see him KO'd faster than staying on the outside trying to box.
Ortiz is not a better fighter than the Ghost in any category except quitting. He's a better quitter, that's about it.

But the Castillo fight was Floyd in his prime. He is most definitely not that fighter anymore. There were moments in Cotto/Floyd where Cotto (who doesn't have the Ghost's stamina) outfought him.
Bushbaby is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:53 PM   #17
Indio-Bandido
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

thats the stupidest thing ive read all day and i read fairy tales earlier while taking a shit. there's no one in the world that can outbox mayweather. pound for pound, he's the most skilled. guerrero has to try and make it an ugly fight, a rough fight. even then, i just dont see guerrero winning. mayweather's very good on the inside. mayweather can do it all, guerrero doesnt stand chance.
Indio-Bandido is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 01:56 PM   #18
ATCer777
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
Ortiz is not a better fighter than the Ghost in any category except quitting. He's a better quitter, that's about it.

But the Castillo fight was Floyd in his prime. He is most definitely not that fighter anymore. There were moments in Cotto/Floyd where Cotto (who doesn't have the Ghost's stamina) outfought him.
Okay okay, you had me until you said this shit. Guerrero consistently gasses in fights. I would say more so than Cotto. He just masks it by leaning on opponents and slapping with his shots.
ATCer777 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 02:28 PM   #19
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Only in spots making Floyd reach.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 02:41 PM   #20
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

Quote:

Ortiz is a superior in-fighter than Ghost. He has more power throws better combinations and can physically impose his will due to his massive size for his weight clss.

I'll put it like this, if Guerrero fought Ortiz, do you think he would opt to fight him on the inside or try to copy Lamont's blueprint and outbox him and counter him from the outside? I know he would opt to fight on the outside because he knows Ortiz is superior to him.

Castillo was floyd in his prime and he was also a far superior fighter to Guerrero as well. Guerrero doesn't have Castillo's skill to fight Floyd on the inside and even then he won't have the physical advantage on Floyd and he won't have the skill to work without being destroyed by his counters.

I'd even say Cotto is a superior in-fighter at 154 than Guerrero and we saw how Floyd dominated him on the inside as well.

Guerrero's best chance to me is to try to get in flurry get out and do the same again without taking much damage and get Floyd on outworking him seeing that Floyd doesn't have a huge one punch shot that could win him a round if landed over more work.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 02:49 PM   #21
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipset View Post
The Ghost is an accomplished boxer that has switched up stylistically brawling & being very aggressive now. However not many fighters have tried to box Floyd...many believe he can't be out-boxed by the current crop of fighters.

Could this be the best option for Guerrero to Win?
His taller, a south paw, has a good jab; decent footwork & a decent boxing IQ.

Thoughts please brothers

Dipset4Ever
I dont think Guerrero's jab is quick enough if matched vs Mayweather.

Mayweather has Guerrero beat boxing or inside tactics.

Bogatazo started a good thread that around here that has good insight on what Guerrero should try.
Basically not to stay in one mode. Mix it, not letting Mayweather grab the pace and tempo, and hope an older Mayweather is effected by not being able to keep up with a high volume pace.
divac is online now  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 02:50 PM   #22
di tullio
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 268

Probably. Cotto and Judah looked good at times purely boxing Floyd, and Floyd had to react by outfighting them. Floyd vs. Judah was more of a controlled beatdown than an outboxing.
di tullio is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 02:53 PM   #23
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Outbox Mayweather? NO one in the history of the sport can outbox Mayweather.

Hell no! He should simply outbrawl him.
Zab Judah sure did through 5 rounds.

Judah's a one trick one mode pony though, Mayweather figured it out after 4 and a half rounds, which is why its important for Mayweather to mix up his modes and not let Mayweather get settled to defending just one mode, one style.
divac is online now  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 03:00 PM   #24
divac
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

Quote:
The Ghost can outfight Floyd. Quite a few fighters have outfought him early in fight only to tire late. If the Ghost pushes the pace, Floyd is in for a rough night.
Thats a plan. Outhustle and outfight him early, and box him late.

The problem in this plan becomes that Mayweather is so good in the way he rolls and relaxes on defense, the guy exherting energy hustling early, usually fatigues to much to be effective late.
divac is online now  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #25
Str8ryte
Contender
ESB Senior Member

He can try whatever his heart desires. Still gon get that ass beat.
Str8ryte is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 04:18 PM   #26
Delroc
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1233

i want to believe its gonna be a good fight but i can't see any scenario where Guerrero wins or even looks good.
Delroc is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 04:22 PM   #27
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCer777 View Post
Okay okay, you had me until you said this shit. Guerrero consistently gasses in fights. I would say more so than Cotto. He just masks it by leaning on opponents and slapping with his shots.
I've seen Guerrero get visibly discouraged and frustrated during fights in a manner that Cotto has yet to show.
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 04:23 PM   #28
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by divac View Post
Zab Judah sure did through 5 rounds.

Judah's a one trick one mode pony though, Mayweather figured it out after 4 and a half rounds, which is why its important for Mayweather to mix up his modes and not let Mayweather get settled to defending just one mode, one style.
Zab was cracked after the second round.
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #29
Undisputed
Cant G no other way
ESB Addict

vCash: 961

Guerrero better start working on that overhand right.When floyd goes into his shell hes right there to get hit.Robert needs to stay on the inside and not stay on the outside where floyds punches have more authority.
Undisputed is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 04:58 PM   #30
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 10918

If robert gets on the inside he will simply get beat to the body and muscled by Floyd. The fight isn't going to be competitive and I really wish Floyd would have went after a better fighter of either Tim or even ****ing Devon.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum