Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: ???
Tony Thompson rematch 30 30.93%
Tyson Fury 3 3.09%
Dereck Chisora 13 13.40%
Dominic Guinn 5 5.15%
Richard Towers 32 32.99%
Other 14 14.43%
Voters: 97. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2013, 04:43 AM   #31
smegmaa
Undefeated Champ
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Chester
Posts: 1,506
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Manuel Charr?
smegmaa is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2013, 05:00 AM   #32
joegrundy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 927
vCash: 2592
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Towers would be good. Hard road back for Pricey now, wouldn't mind him fighting in America or Europe. Might be good for him to get away from Liverpool which he has mentioned.

Apparently he'll be fighting in June or July.
joegrundy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:05 AM   #33
byron87
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: North London.
Posts: 348
vCash: 75
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Michael sprott.
byron87 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:13 AM   #34
Sogoplayboy
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 617
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Sprott's fighting Helenius according to Sauerland on the Bunce phone.
Sogoplayboy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:20 AM   #35
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Durham
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 1229
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Thompson rematch is the quickest way to right the wrong, although fighting Towers first & then Thompson may be more beneficial, its very unfortunate Price will be lucky to get back to where he was by the end of this year.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 08:43 AM   #36
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South East,England
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 1176
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

He needs a style overhaul before he goes anywhere near someone like TT again IMO,he's there to be countered all night by someone as crafty and ring experienced as him.
He should get in with Chisora,get some rounds against an aggressive opponent.
lordgore is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #37
Your Out!
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 436
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Chisora beats Price all day long... Massive fan of Price but the rumours about his chin ( head ) have just been confirmed. Such a pity because I honestly thought he'd be the new biggest thing in HW boxing. Imagine what a similar Mike Tyson style hook would do to him? He will be steering clear from anyone who can hit now until he gets a World Title shot and to be honest I wouldn't blame his management for doing so. Pulev, would walk straight through him!
Your Out! is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:36 AM   #38
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Durham
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 1229
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Your Out! View Post
Chisora beats Price all day long... Massive fan of Price but the rumours about his chin ( head ) have just been confirmed. Such a pity because I honestly thought he'd be the new biggest thing in HW boxing. Imagine what a similar Mike Tyson style hook would do to him? He will be steering clear from anyone who can hit now until he gets a World Title shot and to be honest I wouldn't blame his management for doing so. Pulev, would walk straight through him!
Don't know why your making Pulev out to be such a huge puncher cause he isn't, he's a top prospect & a skilled fighter who would probably beat Price but he isn't a big puncher.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:44 AM   #39
lordgore
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: South East,England
Posts: 1,286
vCash: 1176
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espin88 View Post
Don't know why your making Pulev out to be such a huge puncher cause he isn't, he's a top prospect & a skilled fighter who would probably beat Price but he isn't a big puncher.
Don't think you need to be a really big puncher to do a job on him though to be fair ... you were in the crowd weren't you mate? Bet that was gutting.
lordgore is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:46 AM   #40
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Durham
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 1229
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordgore View Post
Don't think you need to be a really big puncher to do a job on him though to be fair ... you were in the crowd weren't you mate? Bet that was gutting.
No mate, not this time, had alot of money riding on him though.
Espin88 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 12:19 PM   #41
TED 822
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 2,294
vCash: 500
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Cant see it being Towers,the Ingles aren't stupid.The way things are looking,it'll be a fairly durable almost unknown East European for Daves 2nd and last fight of 2013,to give him,hopefully,some rounds and shake off some rust for a better 2014.Would like to see him avenge this and think he could do it,but really don't think this happens this year.
TED 822 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #42
iceferg
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 4,756
vCash: 2648
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmaa View Post
Manuel Charr?
interesting. a very good fight for him, who knows maybe even Adamek? he needs a test soon imo someone to re-establish his hype against who is at the same time beatable.
iceferg is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 04:43 PM   #43
richard mossley
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 2,554
vCash: 1022
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

I've always wanted the Dallas rematch. Dallas only got two days noticed imagine how good Price V Fully Prepared Dallas Would Be.
richard mossley is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:19 PM   #44
Manning
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,587
vCash: 1449
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Espin88 View Post
Thompson rematch is the quickest way to right the wrong, although fighting Towers first & then Thompson may be more beneficial, its very unfortunate Price will be lucky to get back to where he was by the end of this year.
Can't fight Thompson next. Lose that and it's all over for Price. It's not the same as Lewis taking on Rahman again straight away. Lewis was already proven and had all the tools in his locker. Price is simply not proven enough to risk losing again to The Tiger. I don't think you can build him back up after two straight defeats to the same man. The more I think about it it will probably be someone like Rogan.
Manning is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 05:28 PM   #45
Espin88
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Durham
Posts: 1,500
vCash: 1229
Default Re: Who should Price's team try to get next??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning View Post
Can't fight Thompson next. Lose that and it's all over for Price. It's not the same as Lewis taking on Rahman again straight away. Lewis was already proven and had all the tools in his locker. Price is simply not proven enough to risk losing again to The Tiger. I don't think you can build him back up after two straight defeats to the same man. The more I think about it it will probably be someone like Rogan.
It's a huge risk yes, but it sounds like Price fancies it, just found this [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Espin88 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013