Old 02-24-2013, 05:29 PM   #16
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75
Default Re: Ghost/Mayweather will be a better version of Hatton/Mayweather

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
Berto was better than almost everyone Hatton faced. Including old Castillo, Tsuyu, Urango, etc etc.

Ghost will make this VERY competitive. It will be very close.

old Tszyu? revisionism, Tszyu was the man at the weight, when could that ever be said about Rob?
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #17
|A|C|S|
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 412

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATCer777 View Post
MVC, I swear you work for some company to hype shit. And no, Guerrero is not better than Hatton of 07'.

he doesnt realise by sayin Guerrero is gonna be a tough fight hes basically sayin Floyd is shit
theres ways to hype fights but that way doesnt work for this one lol
|A|C|S| is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 05:51 PM   #18
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
The all access series will be great. Ghost shit talking already. Epic shit coming.

I think Ghost is a better fighter than Hatton was back in 2007. Ghost actually has me worried a bit as a Mayweather fan. Berto was a good tune up for him (Who used the shoulder roll).

He may be able to solve Mayweather's defense. With Mayweather being 36 already, he's not as fast, as elusive. Ghost may be able to rough him up at times and possibly even win.

This will be good.

Discuss.
I don't think so, no way in hell actually, Guerrero will bring the fire Hatton brought that night. For some reason, people underestimate Hatton's performance that night. He pretty much came in with everything he could bring in a weight division he's not exactly good at, as proven against Collazo, and gave Mayweather a solid challenge for as long as he lasted. That said, Hatton was far more experienced than Guerrero at that stage of his career and fought many top opposition leading up to this fight. Guerrero is going to get outclassed and baited into counters all night whether on the ropes or in the middle of the ring he's going to get outclassed. Only way Guerrero could win if he lands a punch Mayweather doesn't see and ends it from there. Based on sheer ability, Guerrero doesn't stand a chance.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 06:03 PM   #19
Zopilote
Dinamita
East Side Guru

vCash: 500

Ghost aint shit and is gonna get embarassed.
Zopilote is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 06:05 PM   #20
BlackBrenny
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
I don't think so, no way in hell actually, Guerrero will bring the fire Hatton brought that night. For some reason, people underestimate Hatton's performance that night. He pretty much came in with everything he could bring in a weight division he's not exactly good at, as proven against Collazo, and gave Mayweather a solid challenge for as long as he lasted. That said, Hatton was far more experienced than Guerrero at that stage of his career and fought many top opposition leading up to this fight. Guerrero is going to get outclassed and baited into counters all night whether on the ropes or in the middle of the ring he's going to get outclassed. Only way Guerrero could win if he lands a punch Mayweather doesn't see and ends it from there. Based on sheer ability, Guerrero doesn't stand a chance.

Don't forget Cortez...

For Guerrero, Floyd won't even need a Cortez to protect him in there, Guerrero gonna get ****ed up bad
BlackBrenny is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 06:21 PM   #21
Genaro G
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 960

Ur right MVC. Everyone will be shocked come May 4th.
Genaro G is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 06:22 PM   #22
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251

lol
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Old 02-24-2013, 07:54 PM   #23
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 681

You guys are really overlooking the fact that Ghost has already experienced being in there with a fighter using the shoulder roll which gives him a big advantage

Although Berto's shoulder roll isn't as as effective as Mayweather's, it still gives him a good advantage.

From what I saw in the Aydin/Escobedo/Casa fights, he seems to be good at defending against the straight right hand (Which is Mayweather's signature shot). Of course those 3 don't throw it nearly as accurate/fast as Mayweather, but I still think he makes May miss more than you guys would think

Mayweather is 36 now, and is very different from his 2007 days where he was fast/elusive as hell with great reflexes.

I think Guerrero WILL rough Mayweather up and turn it into a street fight (It also depends on which ref they get as well)

I think it would be a MUCH MORE competitive fight than you guys think.

Bump this shit on the night of May 4th.

Although Ghost hasn't fought nearly as much as Hatton, Ghost has fought some top ranked competitors. Some real threats.

I really believe that Mayweather will be taken to the ropes, get roughed up and it will be a much harder fight than you guys think. Trust me.
MVC is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum