Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > British Boxing Forum

Old 02-26-2013, 09:12 AM   #16
Championship
Linear
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 213
Default Re: Audley Harrison vs Povetkin

After being KO'D himself in one round it was OK to fight Bertino who was about 6'5 and 15-4 in the first fight and knock him out in 1 - showed sharpness.

Harrison has been battered about more then Rogan (who only started when he was 30) in his career and I think they're about the same age. Rogan had a higher standing before Prizefighter then Harrison. Rogan annihilated Sosnowski, thrashing him out the ring before finishing him off, doesn't matter if he got back in - his confidence would've been high coming off this and also with his win over Harrison in the past. So it was an unusual turnaround for Harrison to handle Rogan with such ease.

Fair enough Rossy was tired by that time, but he did what he had to do which often in the past he hasn't shown the mentality to be able to.

Povetkin is of course levels above, but he hasn't been fighting the most solid opposition for a champion, is in need of a fight, Harrison brings a name, interest, back-story, some money, low-risk/high reward, 2 Gold medalists, why not? In the same confidence and mentality he fought Prizefighter he would have a better shot than Rahman I believe.

After all the times he said it before, I really believe that he has put it together this time and won't disgrace himself and use the maximum capability he has at 41 at least
Championship is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #17
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704

Quote:
Originally Posted by Championship View Post
After being KO'D himself in one round it was OK to fight Bertino who was about 6'5 and 15-4 in the first fight and knock him out in 1 - showed sharpness.

Harrison has been battered about more then Rogan (who only started when he was 30) in his career and I think they're about the same age. Rogan had a higher standing before Prizefighter then Harrison. Rogan annihilated Sosnowski, thrashing him out the ring before finishing him off, doesn't matter if he got back in - his confidence would've been high coming off this and also with his win over Harrison in the past. So it was an unusual turnaround for Harrison to handle Rogan with such ease.

Fair enough Rossy was tired by that time, but he did what he had to do which often in the past he hasn't shown the mentality to be able to.

Povetkin is of course levels above, but he hasn't been fighting the most solid opposition for a champion, is in need of a fight, Harrison brings a name, interest, back-story, some money, low-risk/high reward, 2 Gold medalists, why not? In the same confidence and mentality he fought Prizefighter he would have a better shot than Rahman I believe.

After all the times he said it before, I really believe that he has put it together this time and won't disgrace himself and use the maximum capability he has at 41 at least
How does he keep conning you people into believing this? .... how many times does he have to freezeup and get knockedout before you start seeing a pattern.
Daruf is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 09:34 AM   #18
Championship
Linear
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daruf View Post
How does he keep conning you people into believing this? .... how many times does he have to freezeup and get knockedout before you start seeing a pattern.
He won 3 fights against all the odds didn't he. From 6/1 before the fight to 1/6 in the final. So he did something at least. Its nice to support someone who has had a complete turnaround from the lowest of the low where 99.99% of other boxers would've retired before getting to that point, to back on the rise. It would be the best comeback in the history of sport if he won a title at the end. I don't expect that to happen but nice to support such an inspirational figure who has come back from the ultimate boxing and public humiliations and has dredged himself back up from the pits of national mockery and still believes and pursues his own dream.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:38 AM   #19
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 100

Quote:

I'm not saying he doesn't deserve a Povetkin fight. I'm not saying I wouldn't want to see it, I would. I'm also not knocking Harrison for his Prizefighter win, I gave him some credit, just like I did last time he looked good winning Prizefighter, and just like I did when he battled on against Sprott with one arm and managed to KO him to win the Euro title. I'll give credit where it's due. He deserves the credit for picking himself back up, getting in shape, ignoring all the haters, and putting on a string of good performances on Saturday night.

But what I'm not going to do is think that the standard of opposition he faced on Saturday will be anywhere near what he would have to face against Povetkin, because it's nowhere near. Not even an out of shape Povetkin, like the one who was blowing out his arse against Marco Huck. Because even that version of Povetkin will make Audley shit his pants.
SteelTownCobra is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #20
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704

Quote:
He won 3 fights against all the odds didn't he. From 6/1 before the fight to 1/6 in the final. So he did something at least. Its nice to support someone who has had a complete turnaround from the lowest of the low where 99.99% of other boxers would've retired before getting to that point, to back on the rise. It would be the best comeback in the history of sport if he won a title at the end. I don't expect that to happen but nice to support such an inspirational figure who has come back from the ultimate boxing and public humiliations and has dredged himself back up from the pits of national mockery and still believes and pursues his own dream.
Yes and he has done that before... he already won prizefighter before.
He does ok on a domestic level but when he steps up to even fringe world class (not even contenders) He gets destroyed.

He got massacred vs Price... who in turn gets destroyed by Thompson, yet Audley sits there saying Thompson is a poor mans version of himself.

Audley just talks, and some amazingly gullible people eat it up and believe he will "actually back it up this time"

And then the same old shit repeats itself.

Even the Povetkin from the Huck fight which was probably the worst condition i ever saw Povetkin in would still annihilate Audley without breaking a sweat.
Daruf is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #21
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

And Povetkin isn't a champion.
Old 02-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #22
joe33

vCash:

Pov would take him apart imo, he would as per norm crap himself sadly, wehn faced with a really good chance to do something special, unless of course he lays down a monster shot as he has done a few times, but povs chin seems pretty good
Old 02-26-2013, 09:59 AM   #23
Championship
Linear
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daruf View Post
Yes and he has done that before... he already won prizefighter before.
He does ok on a domestic level but when he steps up to even fringe world class (not even contenders) He gets destroyed.

He got massacred vs Price... who in turn gets destroyed by Thompson, yet Audley sits there saying Thompson is a poor mans version of himself.

Audley just talks, and some amazingly gullible people eat it up and believe he will "actually back it up this time"

And then the same old shit repeats itself.

Even the Povetkin from the Huck fight which was probably the worst condition i ever saw Povetkin in would still annihilate Audley without breaking a sweat.
I didn't personally say anything when he won Prizefighter the first time - he seemed to just lay back and wait for lucky shots, the rest of his boxing that night wasn't impressive.

Against Sprott was a lucky punch at the end too.

I'm just saying this is the best I've seen him as a professional, looked like he was using all his assets for once.
Old 02-26-2013, 10:15 AM   #24
SteelTownCobra
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Against Sprott was a lucky punch at the end too.
How was that a lucky punch?

He threw it with the intention of landing it and causing damage. It landed and caused damage. No luck involved at all.

He showed a lot of courage in that Sprott fight. It took courage to take the fight, knowing that he had previously been KO'd by Sprott (that was more of a lucky punch, considering Sprott wasn't looking when he threw it), and it took a lot of heart and courage to fight the vast majority of the fight with one arm. It was an exceptional performance from Harrison that night. He was up against it, in deep water, any other cliché you can think of, and he pulled it out the bag. In many ways it was much more impressive than what turned out to be an easy night's work on Saturday.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:16 AM   #25
AudleyKlitschko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

Lennox turning pro at age 30 Brittards.
AudleyKlitschko is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 11:19 AM   #26
AudleyKlitschko
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 75

SteelTown.... that Championship numbnut probably isn't even aware that Audley was injured in that fight.... I've seen them say it many times.

BORKED
AudleyKlitschko is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 11:21 AM   #27
Championship
Linear
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownCobra View Post
How was that a lucky punch?

He threw it with the intention of landing it and causing damage. It landed and caused damage. No luck involved at all.

He showed a lot of courage in that Sprott fight. It took courage to take the fight, knowing that he had previously been KO'd by Sprott (that was more of a lucky punch, considering Sprott wasn't looking when he threw it), and it took a lot of heart and courage to fight the vast majority of the fight with one arm. It was an exceptional performance from Harrison that night. He was up against it, in deep water, any other cliché you can think of, and he pulled it out the bag. In many ways it was much more impressive than what turned out to be an easy night's work on Saturday.
I was amazed when he landed that, totally gave up on him in the last round. Probably the most unexpected comeback I've seen. All that you said about it was true, but it wasn't a performance that set him apart from Sprott. With his mentality at that time I wouldn't have been surprised if that hurt arm forced him into the win - if he was fully healthy he might've choked and lost but that adversity brought out the beast in him in the end.

This latest Prizefighter set him out as a class above the opposition like he thinks he is. The Harrison of the Sprott fight would have no chance at a higher level, but this newer version seems like he's using his whole ability and mindset to set him above the opponents and go beyond.
Old 02-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #28
Rangersfan1982
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelTownCobra View Post
I can't see him beating Povetkin, and even if he did, he wouldn't be a world champion.
Exactly
Rangersfan1982 is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #29
Jack Dempsey
Legend
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

This fools back again I see
Jack Dempsey is offline  Top
Old 02-26-2013, 11:23 AM   #30
AudleyKlitschko