Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing

Old 03-09-2013, 12:55 AM   #1
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 3571
Default Maintaining technique and balance while tired

I'd say my technique is decent, I've been working on it a lot lately as well as my balance. But of course, it starts to get sloppy when I get tired as with most people.
My question is, what should I do to fix this? Do I just need to get in better condition so I don't get tired or do I need to work on my technique more?
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2013, 01:23 AM   #2
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Maintaining technique and balance while tired

Shadowbox while you're EXHAUSTED. 3-4 rounds, alternating 30sec burpees/30sec shadowbox. Try to get 10-14 burpees per set, and focus on technique when you shadowbox. It's great conditioning but it has an element of mental toughness/discipline as well. If nothing else, makes you ridiculously hard to stop.

No matter how well-conditioned you are, you can always get tired because you'll just push yourself that much harder when you're able. It's a question of pacing yourself in the ring so you don't approach your limits, and discipline to keep your technique when you do approach them.
KillSomething is online now  Top
Old 03-09-2013, 01:54 AM   #3
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 3571

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillSomething View Post
Shadowbox while you're EXHAUSTED. 3-4 rounds, alternating 30sec burpees/30sec shadowbox. Try to get 10-14 burpees per set, and focus on technique when you shadowbox. It's great conditioning but it has an element of mental toughness/discipline as well. If nothing else, makes you ridiculously hard to stop.

No matter how well-conditioned you are, you can always get tired because you'll just push yourself that much harder when you're able. It's a question of pacing yourself in the ring so you don't approach your limits, and discipline to keep your technique when you do approach them.
thanks, I was looking for an answer just like this
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2013, 03:44 AM   #4
r1p00pk
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 253

I have huge problems with this too. that's why I've been working so hard for it not to happen anymore. when you get to the point where you stop moving and hit the ropes and just think "**** it just hit me" that's when I get ****ed up.
r1p00pk is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2013, 10:11 AM   #5
I TuCKeR 93 I

vCash: 1176

Quote:
Originally Posted by r1p00pk View Post
I have huge problems with this too. that's why I've been working so hard for it not to happen anymore. when you get to the point where you stop moving and hit the ropes and just think "**** it just hit me" that's when I get ****ed up.
Lmao this sums up most of my sparring sessions.
I TuCKeR 93 I is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2013, 10:19 AM   #6
Matt Ldn
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1885

Spar. Get used to fighting when your ****ing knackered. Do a sprint session but in your rests shadow box with a focus on your defense and jab.

Sprints are great in that regard as they get you used to being in that ****ed state and once you've done lots of sprints you know that just because you're body is telling you you are ****ed you know you have more in you.
Matt Ldn is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #7
BagsWithDust
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

everyting everybody said up top is good, but also what you can do is just increase your stamina and condition by running. running helps you maintain cardio activity longer, eg boxing more rounds. but burpees and sprints will help you explode and still stay strong in each round.

The burpees one is a good tip, ill try that out for sure next time im in the gym
BagsWithDust is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 06:13 PM   #8
AliShuffle
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 575

Quote:
I have exactly this problem.
AliShuffle is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 08:10 PM   #9
twinwonw
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 400

Doing interval on bags helps too for example do 30 seconds of punching fast then 30 second of punching hard, but maintain your technique, then 30 seconds of combos, then rinse and repeat.
twinwonw is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #10
boxbible
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 1000

When your exhausted, and you put in those couple extra rounds, that's when your nervous system really figures out the most efficient way to make those moves. That's when it becomes ingrained and you can execute even while dead tired.
boxbible is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 AM   #11
AliShuffle
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 575

I'm tall (for my weight) and skinny with a very long reach and quick hands, sparring a heavyweight and was told to keep moving but every time I'd stop, I'd get stuck in a corner and battered. ****ing hard not get stuck in corners as well.
AliShuffle is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2013, 01:49 PM   #12
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:

Guilty as charged.

When I'm tired, I end up having to pick my shots a lot more, especially against the counter-punchers I sparred with in my gym. Made me realize that sometimes, when you're forced to be the stalker, eating jabs without waist movement may not be a lack of ability or defensive awareness, but a necessary sacrifice you chose to make in order to save what you have for the right opening. Makes you re-think what a "no-defense bum" you see on TV coming forward is actually capable of.
Bogotazo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing