Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 02-28-2013, 03:51 PM   #91
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704
Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez asking for 20 million US dollars for Pacquiao 5th fight

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama99 View Post
What a knuckle head......You kids are silly as shit. A massive ass whoopin is what it is and there's no shame in taking one then finding a way to over come. Champions have done it throughout the history of the sport.

It's dense mother****ers like you who have a hard time separating your emotions from reality.
Were you high while watching the fight?
Marquez always marksup easy but he was dishing out just as much as he was taking especially when it comes to murdering the body.

Almost everyone agrees the fight was close on the rounds with Pac usually up by 1.
No ass whoopin was taking place.
Daruf is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2013, 03:55 PM   #92
ElCyclon
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500
Default Re: Juan Manuel Marquez asking for 20 million US dollars for Pacquiao 5th fight

Quote:
What a knuckle head......You kids are silly as shit. A massive ass whoopin is what it is and there's no shame in taking one then finding a way to over come. Champions have done it throughout the history of the sport.

It's dense mother****ers like you who have a hard time separating your emotions from reality.

Ok JohnnyDramaQueen.
ElCyclon is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 03:57 PM   #93
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daruf View Post
Were you high while watching the fight?
Marquez always marksup easy but he was dishing out just as much as he was taking especially when it comes to murdering the body.

Almost everyone agrees the fight was close on the rounds with Pac usually up by 1.
No ass whoopin was taking place.
JMM always marks up is your argument? He could have been clean as a whistle and it wouldn't have changed the fact that PAC was landing cleanly....at a higher connect percentage and broke bones. Me being high has nothing to do with having the ability to see kid.

If you are trying to tell me that Juan was giving as good as he got then you can't be taken seriously.
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 04:00 PM   #94
larryx2012
I AM BETTER THEN YOU
East Side Guru

vCash: 571251

They can either pay him what he wants or **** off simple as that
larryx2012 is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #95
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElCyclon View Post
Ok JohnnyDramaQueen.
You should have just left it alone kid. Lame...
Old 02-28-2013, 04:02 PM   #96
JETSKI
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by vengeex View Post
Fair demand from JMM ?
Why the hell not? Thats only 1/2 as much as PBF would make & JMM is TWICE as much fun to watch than that chickenshit Floyd.
JETSKI is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 04:05 PM   #97
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETSKI View Post
Why the hell not? Thats only 1/2 as much as PBF would make & JMM is TWICE as much fun to watch than that chickenshit Floyd.
This is for the most part true....Floyd has been a lot more exciting facing these last few opponents but without quesiton JMM is more of a fan friendly fighter.

Unfortunately if what a fighter was paid was based on their exciting fights then guys like Gatti and Ward would have been at the top of the food chain. Getting the lions share in this sport depends on what you are able to produce in PPV and gate revenue.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:06 PM   #98
Daruf
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 704

Quote:
This is for the most part true....Floyd has been a lot more exciting facing these last few opponents but without quesiton JMM is more of a fan friendly fighter.

Unfortunately if what a fighter was paid was based on their exciting fights then guys like Gatti and Ward would have been at the top of the food chain. Getting the lions share in this sport depends on what you are able to produce in PPV and gate revenue.
Troll alt account says i can't be taken seriously gotcha.
Daruf is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 04:08 PM   #99
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daruf View Post
Troll alt account says i can't be taken seriously gotcha.
"troll"? "Alt"?? Relax kid......Everyone who's been on ESB for longer than 4 yrs knows who I am and what the **** is a troll anyway? Shit is funny whenever I hear these cornballs calling someone a troll .
Old 02-28-2013, 04:16 PM   #100
Cableaddict
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Juan never wanted the fight at all. (thankfully) I don't see why he'd change his mind.

Asking for 20 mil is probably his way of telling Ol' BeezelBob to **** off, without looking like a duck.

Of course, it could backfire & Uncle Bob might actually agree to that amount (the fight would likely break all PPV records) but then heck, 20 mil buys a LOT of tortillas.
Cableaddict is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #101
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 750

Quote:
Fair demand from JMM ?
Honestly he should get at least 20 million. He in my opinion shouldn't give Pacquiao a rematch at all. Pacquiao hasn't earned a rematch having just been knocked out.
Boxmaster is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #102
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeritus View Post
I doubt Manny will go for this, Bob would have to at least give Manny the same amount.

Is there $40 Million in a 5th fight?
If there isn't then why force a 5th fight? Fans aren't asking for this fight. Only Pacquiao is asking for this fight and no one else.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:30 PM   #103
Boxmaster
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
There's about $30M in the 4th fight and since this 5th fight will be bigger, I assume there's $40M on the table for this fight.

If so, I'm guessing $15M for JMM and $25M for PAC.

(Reference is 4th fight: $6M - JMM, $23M - PAC)
5th fight wont be bigger if it happens right now. No one is interested in that fight right now. Pacquiao needs to take a tuneup or two to build up for it. The only way this fight will make money is if it's in Mexico or The Philippines.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #104
bjl12
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1119

Quote:
There's about $30M in the 4th fight and since this 5th fight will be bigger, I assume there's $40M on the table for this fight.

If so, I'm guessing $15M for JMM and $25M for PAC.

(Reference is 4th fight: $6M - JMM, $23M - PAC)
5th fight will not be that big. People don't really care about manny anymore. And by the time a 5th fight rolled around, people will care even less.

JMM will be 40-41 when this fight, if it does happen, actually goes down.

5th fight is not that appealing as the "star", manny, is no longer a star. Plain and simple
bjl12 is offline  Top
Old 02-28-2013, 05:11 PM   #105
vengeex
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxmaster View Post
5th fight wont be bigger if it happens right now. No one is interested in that fight right now. Pacquiao needs to take a tuneup or two to build up for it. The only way this fight will make money is if it's in Mexico or The Philippines.
I think 5th will be bigger as the 4th was Fight of the Year quality. PAC vs JMM match-up will always produce a compelling, competitive, exciting, roller coaster, entertaining fight. 5th fight will not be any different.

The attraction to this fight won't hinged on Manny being a "star". It's all about the match-up.
vengeex is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum