Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


View Poll Results: ???
Wladimir Klitschko PTS 6 4.23%
Wladimir Klitschko KO/TKO 109 76.76%
Francesco Pianeta PTS 4 2.82%
Francesco Pianeta KO/TKO 23 16.20%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 11:54 AM   #121
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,606
vCash: 330
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

I don't get why people have to defend this shit.

I mean those supposedly hating wlad are the ones saying he is better than this and should be held to a higher standard.

Those supposedly fans of him think this is the best he can do and pianeta presents a challenge.

We all know the score, he wants another easy payday. Let's not pretend this is anything else.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 11:56 AM   #122
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 700
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by lufcrazy View Post
I don't get why people have to defend this shit.

I mean those supposedly hating wlad are the ones saying he is better than this and should be held to a higher standard.

Those supposedly fans of him think this is the best he can do and pianeta presents a challenge.

We all know the score, he wants another easy payday. Let's not pretend this is anything else.


It's really a lot more complicated than that. For example, if HBO would have taken the fight, Wlad would have most likely fought Jennings. Jennings was their #1 choice.
BoxingDomain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:03 PM   #123
dinovelvet
Up Top To The Head
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 9,571
vCash: 86
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingDomain View Post


It's really a lot more complicated than that. For example, if HBO would have taken the fight, Wlad would have most likely fought Jennings. Jennings was their #1 choice.
I dont believe that rubbish. Can you prove it. Jennings is a nobody with only 15 fights and one 12 rounder to his name. Most people never seen him fight or even know what he looks like. NBC denied Fury a list of fighters and only passed on Cunningham because he's a decent fighter, well known and is a former world champ. HBO's standards are a lot higher than NBC.
dinovelvet is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #124
BoxingDomain
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Missouri
Posts: 6,084
vCash: 700
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinovelvet View Post
I dont believe that rubbish. Can you prove it. Jennings is a nobody with only 15 fights and one 12 rounder to his name. Most people never seen him fight or even know what he looks like. NBC denied Fury a list of fighters and only passed on Cunningham because he's a decent fighter, well known and is a former world champ. HBO's standards are a lot higher than NBC.
You don't have to believe it, I can't (and won't) force you to, lol.

It has been reported in the media as well.

Dan Rafael back on Feb 19th:
Quote:
The opponent Klitschko (59-3, 50 KOs) picks, however, likely comes down to the American television deal on the table. From what my sources tell me, if HBO ponies up, Klitschko will fight Jennings (a more recognizable name to American fans than Pianeta). Whether HBO would buy the fight on May 4, however, was dependent on which network Floyd Mayweather Jr. picked for his next fight.

Mayweather picked Showtime PPV on Tuesday for his May 4 fight against Robert Guerrero. It sounds odd that a Klitschko fight would depend on Mayweather, but always remember that in the boxing business things are usually not done in a vacuum. A lot of what happens is interconnected.

Had Mayweather picked HBO PPV, I am told HBO would have bought Klitschko-Jennings and aired it live from Europe in the afternoon, using the telecast to help promote Mayweather's pay-per-view that evening.

However, with Mayweather going to Showtime PPV for May, I am told HBO will back off and not put on a boxing event that day, which means Klitschko likely will wind up on Epix (which pays less money than HBO), which means it's probably more likely he'll face Pianeta.
LINK: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
BoxingDomain is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:53 PM   #125
lufcrazy
requiescat in pace
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: England, Up North
Posts: 22,606
vCash: 330
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxingDomain View Post


It's really a lot more complicated than that. For example, if HBO would have taken the fight, Wlad would have most likely fought Jennings. Jennings was their #1 choice.
It is an easy payday, it is what it is.
lufcrazy is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:59 PM   #126
Leftsmash
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,223
vCash: 400
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
Just because you never heard of him it does not mean that he is a bum.
Pianeta is a good boxer.
Yeah so good he just went 12 rounds with 44 year old Botha who got more marked up fighting a Rugby player and who can't even get license in the UK or US due to health concerns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
hell yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why are these euros so bad at picking up on sarcasm? It's no wonder the Klit fans are so easy to troll, they get sucked in all the time.
Leftsmash is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:11 PM   #127
Berliner
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 272
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftsmash View Post
Yeah so good he just went 12 rounds with 44 year old Botha who got more marked up fighting a Rugby player and who can't even get license in the UK or US due to health concerns.



Why are these euros so bad at picking up on sarcasm? It's no wonder the Klit fans are so easy to troll, they get sucked in all the time.
Pianeta was just very lazy in this fight just did what he needs to do in order to win. You never heard of him but he is a good boxer. You need to have some talent to get World Youth Champion and EBU-European Champion (Pulev is the champion right now).
And to the other thing.... it was also irony from me because I know shaunster is just trolling.
But yeah your right Also the word is irony! Because sarcasm is something different
Berliner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:03 PM   #128
Leftsmash
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,223
vCash: 400
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
Pianeta was just very lazy in this fight just did what he needs to do in order to win. You never heard of him but he is a good boxer. You need to have some talent to get World Youth Champion and EBU-European Champion (Pulev is the champion right now).
And to the other thing.... it was also irony from me because I know shaunster is just trolling.
But yeah your right Also the word is irony! Because sarcasm is something different
Did what he needed but couldn't get a guy that should be on the invalid benefits for brain damage out of the ring, yeah nice gloss over his inability there, it's always interesting to see the Klit fans talk up another potential opponent for the next mismatch in Wlad's career, I can't wait to hear the hype Pianeta will be getting, hopefully it'll be as good as when Wlad talked of Mormeck being the "French Tyson".

Irony? LOL it was sarcasm which the poster used, which you seem to have got the two terms, here look :

Quote:
i need to stop reading about this fight because the anticipation is driving me outta my mind.
A form of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that is marked by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], sometimes conveyed in speech with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] over-[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] saying something which is the opposite of one's intended meaning, often to emphasize how unbelievable or unlikely it sounds if taken [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], thereby illustrating the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] nature of one's intended meaning

Eurobums owned again.
Leftsmash is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:12 PM   #129
Berliner
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 272
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftsmash View Post
Did what he needed but couldn't get a guy that should be on the invalid benefits for brain damage out of the ring, yeah nice gloss over his inability there, it's always interesting to see the Klit fans talk up another potential opponent for the next mismatch in Wlad's career, I can't wait to hear the hype Pianeta will be getting, hopefully it'll be as good as when Wlad talked of Mormeck being the "French Tyson".

Irony? LOL it was sarcasm which the poster used, which you seem to have got the two terms, here look :



A form of [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] that is marked by [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], sometimes conveyed in speech with [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] over-[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]. [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] saying something which is the opposite of one's intended meaning, often to emphasize how unbelievable or unlikely it sounds if taken [Only registered and activated users can see links. ], thereby illustrating the [Only registered and activated users can see links. ] nature of one's intended meaning

Eurobums owned again.
Please stop! First you say euros cant see sarcasm but in fact you could not see my "sarcasm" and then you post crap like this.
Just be quite now.
You have no clue about things like that. Sarcasm is the big brother of irony so in every sarcasm there is mostly irony involved! But I dont want to argue about this with a troll like you. And this definition is very good! Did you need to look it up?
Pianete is better than most heavyweights you can produce! And THIS is a fact!
Achja....
Berliner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:13 PM   #130
The Hayemaker
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: London
Posts: 337
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Klit v Clit is one to get the juices flowing
The Hayemaker is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 05:15 PM   #131
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 120,171
vCash: 10000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

I'm a bit surprised that 96% of those picking the champ think he'll score the knockout.

There are no red flags surrounding Pianeta's chin, and he can be pretty negative despite being relatively slow and not very athletic.

If Wach, Haye, Ibragimov, and very nearly Chambers (missing by mere seconds) and Thompson can make it a full 12 with WK, I'm not sure why it's automatic that Pianeta can't.

I'm also a bit surprised that as many as 19% are picking Pianeta.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:19 PM   #132
Leftsmash
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,223
vCash: 400
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Quote:
I'm also a bit surprised that as many as 19% are picking Pianeta
Just for kicks I picked Pianeta by KO
Leftsmash is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #133
JAB5239
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 5,393
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom2013 View Post
Why are people so hard on the Klitschkos?
Maybe be cause in his last fight Bradley took on the guy many ranked p4p #1. while Wlad faced an unranked bum who had no skills and had beaten nobody of value.
JAB5239 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 10:21 PM   #134
lllegion
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 299
vCash: 500
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I'm a bit surprised that 96% of those picking the champ think he'll score the knockout.

There are no red flags surrounding Pianeta's chin, and he can be pretty negative despite being relatively slow and not very athletic.

If Wach, Haye, Ibragimov, and very nearly Chambers (missing by mere seconds) and Thompson can make it a full 12 with WK, I'm not sure why it's automatic that Pianeta can't.

I'm also a bit surprised that as many as 19% are picking Pianeta.
There are no flags because there's nothing to bring a red flag up.
Who has he faced besides Skelton and Snow who could've produced one?
I don't count Botha or McCall because if they did bring up a red flag, it'd be embarrassing
lllegion is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:24 AM   #135
bigbootyboxing
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 385
vCash: 75
Default Re: Wladimir Klitschko vs. Francesco Pianeta

I pick Pianeta by KO. It's gonna be so funny
bigbootyboxing is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:06 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013