Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #61
iamtheman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest View Post
Your reading comprehension is clearly limited, let me dumb it down for you.

I did not say training and sparing doesn't play an important role, I said it doesn't count on a fighters record. Sparring sessions aren't judged, recorded and put on TV now are they?

Yes, he was on TV last time out and it was his toughest opponent, which is laughable considering the amount of time he's been a pro fighter. It's not his fault he got a draw??? Bullshit! If he pressed the action and tried to win more convincingly then maybe he would have won. He said pre-fight he knew this was a big chance being on tv and he had to impress......he knew what he had to do, and failed to do it. He left the door open, and the judges did their job. He's lucky he didn't truly get screwed and got dealt a loss.

Exactly when did I automatically assume Scott will take it easy in his next fight, and what does Wlad/Vitali have to do with Scott being a pillow fisted poser that blew his step up fight?? Answer that you moron.
None of that bullshit you spew changes the fact that the sparring he does all the time is constantly exposing him to a variety of different styles that will only help him as a fighter. I understand your point that it doesn't add names to his resume directly, but I stand by my comment that it will continue to add WINS to his resume once he does get in the ring. He may not have many names on his record at present, but he is still seasoned, and all the training and sparring he's done over the years pays off in the ring.

Here is some guy sitting in his computer chair criticizing a boxer for killing three birds with one stone by getting paid, travelling the world, and sparring with many of the world best fighters in his division in between his fights. Like damn, really?

And you are implying by many of your hater comments that Scott hasn't and won't step up. What's this: "Malik needs to be less concerned with photo ops and making buddies by sparring, and step his ass up in the ring."

First off, why is a man taking pictures your concern? How much time does it take out a mans day to take a few pictures? Hater.

Second, and I think I've stressed this enough, sparring is more than 'making buddies'. Hater.

Who says he won't step up after having stepped up against Glazkov? It's not the norm for fighters to take the Deontay Wilder approach, but then again, even he is fighting his best opponent yet soon.

He fought the way he always does. A fighter shouldn't be expected to do anything more than what they're able to bring to the table. Why press the action if his style doesn't call for it, and his skill without being aggressive is still enough to school a fighter? Tards like you shouldn't be calling on fighters to change their styles or tactics, they should be calling on judges to stop being so damn corrupt. He beat Glazkov in my eyes, as well as in the eyes of the majority, yet still lost. Not his fault. Not to mention that he has now been dealt something other than a win for the first time in his career fighting the same type of fight he always has and could change up his tactics a bit in response. It's sad that shit judging would force that.
iamtheman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #62
iamtheman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousMerv View Post
Go easy on him, the guy is in love!
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
**** you.
iamtheman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:34 AM   #63
MarvellousMerv
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheman View Post
**** you?
I'm straight mate but I appreciate the sentiment and I'm genuinely flattered. There sure is a lot of man love in this thread!

BORKED
BORKED
BORKED


I think the OP is doing a great thing here with his unwavering infatuation with Malik Scott. Out and proud buddy, out and proud!
MarvellousMerv is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 10:38 AM   #64
iamtheman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousMerv View Post
I'm straight mate but I appreciate the sentiment and I'm genuinely flattered. There sure is a lot of man love in this thread!

BORKED
BORKED
BORKED


I think the OP is doing a great thing here with his unwavering infatuation with Malik Scott. Out and proud buddy, out and proud!
You actually took time out of your day to post Village People videos on a boxing forum? You must have had those on bookmark for quick access.
iamtheman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:31 PM   #65
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 1828
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheman View Post
None of that bullshit you spew changes the fact that the sparring he does all the time is constantly exposing him to a variety of different styles that will only help him as a fighter. I understand your point that it doesn't add names to his resume directly, but I stand by my comment that it will continue to add WINS to his resume once he does get in the ring. He may not have many names on his record at present, but he is still seasoned, and all the training and sparring he's done over the years pays off in the ring.



Here is some guy sitting in his computer chair criticizing a boxer for killing three birds with one stone by getting paid, travelling the world, and sparring with many of the world best fighters in his division in between his fights. Like damn, really?

And you are implying by many of your hater comments that Scott hasn't and won't step up. What's this: "Malik needs to be less concerned with photo ops and making buddies by sparring, and step his ass up in the ring."

First off, why is a man taking pictures your concern? How much time does it take out a mans day to take a few pictures? Hater.

Second, and I think I've stressed this enough, sparring is more than 'making buddies'. Hater.

Who says he won't step up after having stepped up against Glazkov? It's not the norm for fighters to take the Deontay Wilder approach, but then again, even he is fighting his best opponent yet soon.

He fought the way he always does. A fighter shouldn't be expected to do anything more than what they're able to bring to the table. Why press the action if his style doesn't call for it, and his skill without being aggressive is still enough to school a fighter? Tards like you shouldn't be calling on fighters to change their styles or tactics, they should be calling on judges to stop being so damn corrupt. He beat Glazkov in my eyes, as well as in the eyes of the majority, yet still lost. Not his fault. Not to mention that he has now been dealt something other than a win for the first time in his career fighting the same type of fight he always has and could change up his tactics a bit in response. It's sad that shit judging would force that.
Look if he wants to be a career sparring partner, fine. He can hang out on the gym with his other no hoper crewmembers Joe Hanks, Deontay Wilder, and whoever else there is. Scott, and his fanboys should stop pretending he's anything else than that, and certainly stop pretending he's some top HW.

You say all this experience is going to add wins when he steps up the ring. Exactly when is that gonna happen???? The guy turned pro at 19 or so, been a pro for 13 years and doesn't have a damn name on his resume. He looks like he's in good shape, yet he's pissed all those years away fighting scrubs. Hell even pillow-fisted Zuri Lawrence's resume shits all over Scott's.

Why should he press the action??? Seriously?? Oh I don't know, maybe so he can win a fight impressively when he got his shot on a major TV network. Maybe because boxing is scored on clean punching, ring generalship, defense and effective aggression. Anyone who knows boxing knows that judges rarely reward fighters that back up all night against the ropes with a decision win. Of course you thought Scott won, you're a fanboy and not a professional boxing judge. Of course it's Scott's fault he got a draw, he should have done more. He impressed only 1 out of the 3 judges. If he's not going to adjust his style, his gameplan.....he's not going anywhere and he shouldn't expect judges to change the scoring criteria for him.

Sure it's fine that he takes pictures, but the fact that none of them of him IN the ring doing anything and more about just being pretentious in nature should speak for itself. If he's not going to take his career seriously, why should anyone else.

You still didn't answer my question about what K2 has to do with this, so I'll just take it that I hurt your feelings having gone after Malik Scott with valid points, so you felt the need to go after some of my favorite fighter with no actual basis other than butthurt. That's ok, have a cry, let it out.....pick yourself up and move on.
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:53 PM   #66
MarvellousMerv
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheman View Post
Wow thanks for that, just had a furious power wank to the Macho Man one, had my left hand behind my neck and everything. Got any more?

Nah sorry, got the Blue Oyster Bar scene from Police Academy though, check it out. You'll like High Tower!
BORKED
MarvellousMerv is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:55 PM   #67
youaintakiller
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 252
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Malik outworked and exposed Glaskov as being one dimensional and was robbed of a victory. They need to have a rematch.
youaintakiller is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #68
Berliner
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 272
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Scott is a skilled heavyweight, but lacks bad of power, In order to be a strong heavyweight contender you need at least abit of power. Scott just seems to have no power at all. Glazkov could walk him down all the time and could get him on the ropes many many times. Yet Scott has impressiv defense skills (the biggest part in his game for me). Glazkov was just not able to land anything big although he had Scott on the ropes many times.
But be aware that other heavyweight will find a way to land a big shot. And other heavyweights also have a lot more power than Glazkov has who really is not a big puncher himself.
Also dont rate the win over Glazkov so high. I predicted a close fight and at the end it was a competitive fight. Scott won! But he did not "school" Glazkov!
Berliner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 01:33 PM   #69
iamtheman
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 969
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyTheBest View Post
Look if he wants to be a career sparring partner, fine. He can hang out on the gym with his other no hoper crewmembers Joe Hanks, Deontay Wilder, and whoever else there is. Scott, and his fanboys should stop pretending he's anything else than that, and certainly stop pretending he's some top HW.

You say all this experience is going to add wins when he steps up the ring. Exactly when is that gonna happen???? The guy turned pro at 19 or so, been a pro for 13 years and doesn't have a damn name on his resume. He looks like he's in good shape, yet he's pissed all those years away fighting scrubs. Hell even pillow-fisted Zuri Lawrence's resume shits all over Scott's.

Why should he press the action??? Seriously?? Oh I don't know, maybe so he can win a fight impressively when he got his shot on a major TV network. Maybe because boxing is scored on clean punching, ring generalship, defense and effective aggression. Anyone who knows boxing knows that judges rarely reward fighters that back up all night against the ropes with a decision win. Of course you thought Scott won, you're a fanboy and not a professional boxing judge. Of course it's Scott's fault he got a draw, he should have done more. He impressed only 1 out of the 3 judges. If he's not going to adjust his style, his gameplan.....he's not going anywhere and he shouldn't expect judges to change the scoring criteria for him.

Sure it's fine that he takes pictures, but the fact that none of them of him IN the ring doing anything and more about just being pretentious in nature should speak for itself. If he's not going to take his career seriously, why should anyone else.

You still didn't answer my question about what K2 has to do with this, so I'll just take it that I hurt your feelings having gone after Malik Scott with valid points, so you felt the need to go after some of my favorite fighter with no actual basis other than butthurt. That's ok, have a cry, let it out.....pick yourself up and move on.
What is so hard to understand about the fact that he 'stepped up' against Glazkov? That was by far the best opponent he has fought to date. Glazkov is a good prospect, and it was a good 'win' for Scott. It's only forward from here. So how about waiting until the announcement of his next opponent before talking shit?

If you'd ask most, they'd agree he won. You are in the minority. You claim effective aggression? Well I claim ineffective aggression on Glazkov's part. When you are making your opponent miss all night and hitting with ease, I'd say that is enough to score a fight in favour of Scott. He didn't do enough to win because he got robbed, not because he didn't do work in the ring. Again, he wasn't at fault. The judges were.

When a man taking pics of himself bothers you, it's obvious you're just a full blown hater. It's no different from people on facebook posting pics of themselves. Big ****ing deal? He has a phone with a camera. Hold it up, snap, upload to the internet. Done. You seem to think a boxers life is exclusively boxing. These guys have a life outside of the ring, even with Scott's intense work ethic. I guess all athletes should decide to not embrace social media and connect with their fans through pics and whatever else. After all, they aren't normal humans like anyone else??? You think he doesn't take his career seriously with the work he puts in, combined with his recent showing against his best opponent yet? And you claim to make valid points?

I attack K2 because you are a fanboy and probably feel the need to attack Scott based on some suggestions that he may pose a threat to Wlad. Besides, is it not true that Wlad and Vitali fight bum after bum? You attack Scott, yet as a prospect he is on the rise. K2 as champions are a disgrace with the opponents they've been selecting. I brought that up because I find it ironic. You probably keep your mouth shut about K2, don't you?
iamtheman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 01:39 AM   #70
SimplyTheBest
Heavyweight Destroyer
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Europe
Posts: 3,541
vCash: 1828
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtheman View Post
What is so hard to understand about the fact that he 'stepped up' against Glazkov? That was by far the best opponent he has fought to date. Glazkov is a good prospect, and it was a good 'win' for Scott. It's only forward from here. So how about waiting until the announcement of his next opponent before talking shit?

If you'd ask most, they'd agree he won. You are in the minority. You claim effective aggression? Well I claim ineffective aggression on Glazkov's part. When you are making your opponent miss all night and hitting with ease, I'd say that is enough to score a fight in favour of Scott. He didn't do enough to win because he got robbed, not because he didn't do work in the ring. Again, he wasn't at fault. The judges were.

When a man taking pics of himself bothers you, it's obvious you're just a full blown hater. It's no different from people on facebook posting pics of themselves. Big ****ing deal? He has a phone with a camera. Hold it up, snap, upload to the internet. Done. You seem to think a boxers life is exclusively boxing. These guys have a life outside of the ring, even with Scott's intense work ethic. I guess all athletes should decide to not embrace social media and connect with their fans through pics and whatever else. After all, they aren't normal humans like anyone else??? You think he doesn't take his career seriously with the work he puts in, combined with his recent showing against his best opponent yet? And you claim to make valid points?

I attack K2 because you are a fanboy and probably feel the need to attack Scott based on some suggestions that he may pose a threat to Wlad. Besides, is it not true that Wlad and Vitali fight bum after bum? You attack Scott, yet as a prospect he is on the rise. K2 as champions are a disgrace with the opponents they've been selecting. I brought that up because I find it ironic. You probably keep your mouth shut about K2, don't you?
You are full out deluded. I understand perfectly that he stepped up against Glazkov. I am saying that after 13 years of being a pro, it's a joke that Glazkov was considered a "step-up". Again, you show your severely limited reading comprehension skills. Scott has been a pro 13 years! He's not a prospect anymore.

2 out of 3 judges were wrong? Yeah ok, whatever These people score fights on a monthly basis, for years on end. You sit on your couch with rose-tinted glasses on and don't even understand the criteria on which rounds are scored are. Yeah you're right, the professional are wrong. You can claim ineffective agression on Glazkov's part if you want, and it's not exactly an incorrect assesment. That's why Glazkov got a draw on his record also instead of a win.

Scott is not the same as "people on facebook posting pics of themselves". He's supposedly a professional athlete, not a 15 yr old wannabe gangster. Most serious athletes, sure they post pictures of themselves having a social life, enjoying things, etc.....but they also post pictures of themselves showcasing their athletic abilities, actually performing their occupation. I guess you're too enamored by the wannabe gangster charade to understand this. Hell even jokes of fighters like Chauncy Welliver posted pics of himself in the ring FIGHTING.

I'm glad you confirm my suggestion that you only bring up Wlad because you're butthurt over me criticizing Scott. I got you pegged. Scott poses no threat to Wlad, he has no power to hurt him and leaning back on the ropes all night would just be target practice for Wlad. If Wlad fought Scott, it would be another zero opponent. I couldn't really give a shit what you think of K2. They have all the titles, have had them for many years now and there isn't a damn person that can do anything about that, certainly not Scott. Go cry some more
SimplyTheBest is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 09:49 AM   #71
zxcvbnm
#TeamHWFuture
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: London
Posts: 2,117
vCash: 544
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Malik STILL sparring in Russia. He's been there a month now. That's dedication. He's been out there with fellow undefeated HWs Dorsett Barnwell and Dominic Breazeale, spending weeks upon weeks helping out local fighters and giving them a rare chance to spar with slick African-Americans.

Malik hanging out with stars of Russia's adult film industry:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Malik and Dorsett receiving attention from locals who have never seen black men before:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Malik has now moved on from cigars to pipes, here is admiring Moscow's tourist attractions:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Malik and Dorsett learning about the history of Russian warfare. He still ain't finished that pipe.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Malik teaching Russia's youth how to show disrespect:

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
zxcvbnm is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 10:08 AM   #72
MarvellousMerv
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 218
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Gayest. Thread. Ever.
MarvellousMerv is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #73
EuroBot
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Madrid
Posts: 1,111
vCash: 500
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvellousMerv View Post
Gayest. Thread. Ever.
Get out of this thread.
EuroBot is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 03:31 PM   #74
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 24,411
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
iceman71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 04:29 PM   #75
daprofessor
da legendary professor
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 5,766
vCash: 1000
Default Re: ***The Malik Scott Appreciation, Hype & Discussion Thread!!***

at this point....malik scott is THEE most skilled heavyweight in boxing. period.
daprofessor is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013