Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
Berliner
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 272
Default No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

According to boxen-heute Cleverly can not fight against Krasniqi on 16. March!!!!
This is the third time Cleverly has postponed the fight! This time he has a "stomach upset" and could no train good! Whats wrong with this guy? He has this "disease" now and has to postpone a fight wich is supposed to happen on march 16????????
This is the third time! IS he scared or what?
But SES tries now to prevent this move!
Remember boxen-heute is mostly right with theire news!
Now it is on for the 20 April
Has this something to do with Burns? Because he cant fight on this card?
Berliner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 09:36 AM   #2
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Moon
Posts: 844
vCash: 1000
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

Because Groves left waren to go to match room, burns has postponed the fight and Chisora still has no license the rule britannia card has moved to 20th April. I actually have tickets for the fight so I'm glad it's been postponed along with the rest. Pissed about not being able to see Groves though
moneypaysbills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:40 AM   #3
Berliner
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 272
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypaysbills View Post
Because Groves left waren to go to match room, burns has postponed the fight and Chisora still has no license the rule britannia card has moved to 20th April. I actually have tickets for the fight so I'm glad it's been postponed along with the rest. Pissed about not being able to see Groves though
This is now the THIRD time! It is too much! Just because other fighters cant fight they postpone it? And they say he has a stomach upset?
Berliner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #4
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Moon
Posts: 844
vCash: 1000
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
This is now the THIRD time! It is too much! Just because other fighters cant fight they postpone it? And they say he has a stomach upset?
Trust me, I've actually paid to go see the fight live and I'm happy that it's being moved with the rest. The stomach ache is probably just a quick excuse so they can move it to 20th april. If the other fights went ahead and this didn't then you'd have a good reason to be suspicious/angry
moneypaysbills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:46 AM   #5
welsh_dragon83
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: south wales
Posts: 638
vCash: 500
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

so what the **** is going on with this march 16th card isit all off or what???
welsh_dragon83 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #6
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

Basically, the promoter put on a show at Wembley Arena with Burns - Vazquez headlining. That fight has fallen through.

George Groves was supposed to be fighting on the same bill, but he's left and joined another promoter.

The other main fight on the card was Cleverly, but there's no way they were going to be able to put on this fight card with only Cleverly fighting without absolute uproar from everyone who bought tickets, so they've postponed the whole thing.

I don't buy any of the injuries/illness.

The Burns - Vazquez fight was rumoured to have never been finalised. Vazquez was in the gym sparring Ponce De Leon on 2 March, but the doctor's note getting him out of the Burns fight was dated the 25th Feb

Groves knew that this promotional company is struggling and got out of their pronto.

As I said, they're not putting that card on with just Cleverly fighting so I'm sure the stomach injury is just a quick fix to move the whole card.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Moon
Posts: 844
vCash: 1000
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaunster101 View Post
Basically, the promoter put on a show at Wembley Arena with Burns - Vazquez headlining. That fight has fallen through.

George Groves was supposed to be fighting on the same bill, but he's left and joined another promoter.

There's no way they were going to be able to put on this fight card with only Cleverly fighting without absolute uproar from everyone who bought tickets, so they've postponed the whole thing.
This should end the thread


By the way Shaunster have you got tickets for the fight?
moneypaysbills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #8
Smoggy7188
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,962
vCash: 500
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

Cleverley has lost a stone in weight due to this virus apparently.
Smoggy7188 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:51 AM   #9
Kissan
I respect box
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 455
vCash: 300
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

Didn't they strip Brähmer off his WBO title, because he postponed the unification fight against Shumenov and afterwards the planned fight against Cleverly 3 times? Then Cleverly got the belt and now he is doing such shit.
Kissan is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:52 AM   #10
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypaysbills View Post
This should end the thread


By the way Shaunster have you got tickets for the fight?
Nah I don't. Pretty glad to be honest with the way all this has happened.
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:57 AM   #11
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Moon
Posts: 844
vCash: 1000
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

I'm already never putting another penny towards anything Waren, but if we get treated to burns vs a street sweeper I'll be even more supremely pissed off
moneypaysbills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:27 AM   #12
Berliner
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 272
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

But is this legal? Postpone a fight as World Champion just because other fighters cant fight?
Even you have postponed it already twice?
It is just crap!
Berliner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:30 AM   #13
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 123,178
vCash: 35250
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

Damn, so both daytime cards (for Americans) on the 16th wiped out?



Now I just need Bradley vs. Provodnikov to fall apart...
IntentionalButt is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:02 AM   #14
Berliner
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 2,568
vCash: 272
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kissan View Post
Didn't they strip Brähmer off his WBO title, because he postponed the unification fight against Shumenov and afterwards the planned fight against Cleverly 3 times? Then Cleverly got the belt and now he is doing such shit.
He did it because he was not getting any money from Universum because they just had no money! Nobody fights fro free! He fought once for nothing but he said he wont fight again for no money and so he dropped the belt instead fighting for no reward a second time. Something different.
Cleverly does not want to fight because other fighters cant???? He is a ****ing world champion! You cant postpone a fight a third time because other fighters on the card are not able to fight! Also who is so stuipid and sells tickets for a fight wich is not official. No wonder they have to postpone it...
And then they say he has stomache upset... lol.
Berliner is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:04 AM   #15
shaunster101
Yido
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Santiago de Cuba
Posts: 11,928
vCash: 1000
Default Re: No Cleverly vs. Krasniqi on 16. March

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berliner View Post
He did it because he was not getting any money from Universum because they just had no money! Nobody fights fro free! He fought once for nothing but he said he wont fight again for no money and so he dropped the belt instead fighting for no reward a second time. Something different.
Cleverly does not want to fight because other fighters cant???? He is a ****ing world champion! You cant postpone a fight a third time because other fighters on the card are not able to fight! Also who is so stuipid and sells tickets for a fight wich is not official. No wonder they have to postpone it...
And then they say he has stomache upset... lol.
Wait - you think it's up to Cleverly whether this bill goes ahead or not?
shaunster101 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013