Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #91
BobNWeave
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: How come short fighters no longer use the bob and weave?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico Spadafora View Post

who is going to teach it to them? All the good trainers are dying. Like Manny Steward said all these trainers do now is holds the pads and think they are teaching something. Its a joke.
Rico are you there? Rico?
I'm asking you if you think Tyson could teach it since he invented the style?
BobNWeave is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 10:17 PM   #92
BobNWeave
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

I don't mind being called retarded. Maybe I am. I don't mind being called stupid or being dissed. I don't mind being insulted. I don't mind any of that. But the one thing I do mind is COWARDS who answer one question, than leave the thread never to return. How the HELL are we suppose to have a conversation if you answer one question but ignore my follow up?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:24 PM   #93
Vysotsky
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
The bob and weave style is just not as effective as other styles of fighting. If it were, we would see more fighters implementing it PERIOD. There is plenty of tape and still many people who know how to teach such a style. It's a risky style that has proven to be far less effective against superior defensive tactics of the modern era.
1) Name an era when the B&W was a prevelant style used? It's never been that common.

2) Proven ineffective against superior modern defensive tactics? The majority of modern boxers don't even fully grasp the concept of the line of attack and line of defense with their stance being inferior to past eras. Defense, alot of top fighters are poor at slipping, parrying, drawing. Shit some are outright incapable of it. Modern defense is not superior, its inferior.

3) Risky style? If you can slip, parry and block punches in addition to making alot the them outright miss with active head movement then you have two different defensive facets protecting you. Compare Lomachenko to Selimov, he's just as elusive with his head movement and reflexes but if a punch doesn't miss he has his hands ready to block or parry it. It's extra protection, the opposite of risky.

The biggest thing is it's unessecary if you're fighting off the back foot, it's only for boxers who are pressuring and its the ideal tactic to use for it, problem is its extremely ****ing hard to be good at. It's much easier for guys who are defensive boxers fighting off the back foot and counter punching to be defensive and those guys are usually the ones who get the most credit for their defense. Reality is it requires more skill to be elusive defensively while coming forward and not letting it impede your offense, dictate your style and have everything you do revolve around defense first. Duran had a supurb defense but was not a defensive boxer, he controlled it, it didn't control him, thats mastery.
Vysotsky is offline  Top
Old 03-05-2013, 12:37 AM   #94
BobNWeave
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotsky View Post
1) Name an era when the B&W was a prevelant style used? It's never been that common.

2) Proven ineffective against superior modern defensive tactics? The majority of modern boxers don't even fully grasp the concept of the line of attack and line of defense with their stance being inferior to past eras. Defense, alot of top fighters are poor at slipping, parrying, drawing. Shit some are outright incapable of it. Modern defense is not superior, its inferior.

3) Risky style? If you can slip, parry and block punches in addition to making alot the them outright miss with active head movement then you have two different defensive facets protecting you. Compare Lomachenko to Selimov, he's just as elusive with his head movement and reflexes but if a punch doesn't miss he has his hands ready to block or parry it. It's extra protection, the opposite of risky.

The biggest thing is it's unessecary if you're fighting off the back foot, it's only for boxers who are pressuring and its the ideal tactic to use for it, problem is its extremely ****ing hard to be good at. It's much easier for guys who are defensive boxers fighting off the back foot and counter punching to be defensive and those guys are usually the ones who get the most credit for their defense. Reality is it requires more skill to be elusive defensively while coming forward and not letting it impede your offense, dictate your style and have everything you do revolve around defense first. Duran had a supurb defense but was not a defensive boxer, he controlled it, it didn't control him, thats mastery.
A delicious virtual boxing buffet of knowledge from Vysotsky. Don't mind me, I'm going to loosen my belt, grab some folks and chow in until I'm fit to burst.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum