Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 10:14 AM   #46
ArseBandit
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,289
vCash: 2688
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Akbar One View Post
Martinez, and Trout would be tougher opponents than Pac.
No.
ArseBandit is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 10:22 AM   #47
illwill007
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 75
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
MVC, I'm not talking about Castillo 1.
'Coming off a long layoff' - these layoffs at this part of Mayweather's career is better for him more than it harms him. You know that.
Oscar was 3 years past his prime and most knowledgeable posters on this forum agree that Prime Oscar beats Mayweather on points.
If you re-read, you will see that my post is really an expansion on the FACT that ranking ATG's is SUBJECTIVE, and their specific placements can be argued 'til the cows come home.


Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
I have Mayweather beating Marquez even if Marquez was prime at 160lbs, and had Memo's new training.
Good! I am of the same opinion, but I only mentioned him in support of the main idea of my previous post. Why is this hard to understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
H2H, Mayweather loses to Oscar and Whitaker. Whitaker was a more skilled boxer, that's usually why he's one of the greatest i.e Top 20.
I agree that Prime Whitaker is Second coming of your favorite deity.

I'm not MVC. You have reading comprehension issues. If you re-read try to make an inference, ok? Ok, I'lll help you out here, I was simply expanding on my previous point that ranking fighters as ATG's is subjective. That was the whole point. Learn to read, comprehend, and show some respect. I did nothing to demean you in any post that I made, prior to this.

You seem to think your opinion is a fact. This is really 2nd grade stuff man.

Last edited by illwill007; 03-04-2013 at 10:47 AM.
illwill007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #48
duwdu
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypaysbills View Post
Hearns had great skills, and I agree if they were the same size it would be different. However, Hearns's size advantage is very advantageous against most at 147-154 and as for power, well apart from overconfidence more power is better.

Leonard lost to Hearns in the rematch and in today's 12 round format would have lost a decision in the first fight.

As for marvelous, if Tommy hadn't broken his hand then who knows?

Also please never again mention John Ruiz in the same conversation as Hearns, SRL, Hagler and floyd

If you look at it, you're just makng excuses for Hearns left, right, and center. Other posters have the right to cut your praise of him down to size, especially as you'll want to issue commands that certain fighters not be mentioned in any context.

P34c3
duwdu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:31 AM   #49
bobotnaman
★★★★☆
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 1,779
vCash: 117
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MVC View Post
In the opinions of many experts whom I've talked with, most of them agree that Floyd Mayweather is currently a top 25 ATG. I agree with this.

I believe that wins over Martinez, Garcia, Canelo/Trout, Pac, Devon, Matthyse, Guerrero could potentially pull him to a top 15-20 spot

I really hope he fights those guys in his last 6 fights
if FMJ's top 25, then Pacquiao's the GOAT.
bobotnaman is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:35 AM   #50
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Moon
Posts: 844
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwdu View Post
If you look at it, you're just makng excuses for Hearns left, right, and center. Other posters have the right to cut your praise of him down to size, especially as you'll want to issue commands that certain fighters not be mentioned in any context.

P34c3
Quick one what is the P34c3 thing about?

Also those aren't excuses I know he lost both fights, but they are genuine things that should be considered.

Other posters have the rights, but the vast majority of posters agree that Hearns beats money. That's not to detract from Mayweather either.

Also mention whoever you want I don't mind especially if it strengthens your argument.
moneypaysbills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 10:42 AM   #51
illwill007
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 75
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypaysbills View Post
Quick one what is the P34c3 thing about?

Also those aren't excuses I know he lost both fights, but they are genuine things that should be considered.

Other posters have the rights, but the vast majority of posters agree that Hearns beats money. That's not to detract from Mayweather either.

Also mention whoever you want I don't mind especially if it strengthens your argument.
More posters should be like you, open minded about the subjectivity of boxing. By the way, I grew up watching old fights of the fab 4 particularly Hearns, as I am from Detroit. I have a very hard time seeing Money beat Hearns.
illwill007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #52
duwdu
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill007 View Post
More posters should be like you, open minded about the subjectivity of boxing. By the way, I grew up watching old fights of the fab 4 particularly Hearns, as I am from Detroit. I have a very hard time seeing Money beat Hearns.
Glad to know that you know you're just being subjective, which most are, and end up passing their opinion as fact, especially if they feel they're in line with "majority of knowledgeable posters on here," another opinion being presented as fact.

In response to an earlier question, "P34c3" is my formulation for the word "Peace."
duwdu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #53
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: good
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 300
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill007 View Post
If you re-read, you will see that my post is really an expansion on the FACT that ranking ATG's is SUBJECTIVE, and their specific placements can be argued 'til the cows come home.




Good! I am of the same opinion, but I only mentioned him in support of the main idea of my previous post. Why is this hard to understand?


I agree that Prime Whitaker is Second coming of your favorite deity.

I'm not MVC. You have reading comprehension issues. If you re-read try to make an inference, ok? Ok, I'lll help you out here, I was simply expanding on my previous point that ranking fighters as ATG's is subjective. That was the whole point. Learn to read, comprehend, and show some respect. I did nothing to demean you in any post that I made, prior to this.

You seem to think your opinion is a fact. This is really 2nd grade stuff man.
I thought I was replying to MVC. I can't be bothered thinking hard, I'm studying.

Regardless, of course it's subjective but who cares? You have to make the best possible judgement anyways. Sugar Ray Robinson > Mayweather. You can argue that this is subjective, but you can go with what makes most sense.

So yeah, Whitaker > Mayweather. This should be treated as fact tbh lol
Hearns vs Mayweather H2H = Hearns, subjective I know...but again it's the MOST REASONABLE.

A 16 year old amateur boxer with no professional experience vs P4P King = we'd say the P4P king but you can play the 'oh this is subjective' card to this as well.
anj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 11:58 AM   #54
turbotime
Future Hall Of Famer
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: LA/Canada
Posts: 18,342
vCash: 816
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Martinez at 160>Lara, Canelo, Trout combined.
turbotime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:04 PM   #55
anj
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: good
Posts: 1,882
vCash: 300
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbotime View Post
Martinez at 160>Lara, Canelo, Trout combined.
If @ 160, then I agree.
anj is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 12:05 PM   #56
MVC
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 6,200
vCash: 681
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
If @ 160, then I agree.
If he fights all of them at 160, that man would be top 10 atg.

Not 15-20, top 10.

That would be an amazing accomplishment along with all the wins I stated.
MVC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #57
illwill007
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 1,435
vCash: 75
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anj View Post
I thought I was replying to MVC. I can't be bothered thinking hard, I'm studying.

Regardless, of course it's subjective but who cares? You have to make the best possible judgement anyways. Sugar Ray Robinson > Mayweather. You can argue that this is subjective, but you can go with what makes most sense.

So yeah, Whitaker > Mayweather. This should be treated as fact tbh lol
Hearns vs Mayweather H2H = Hearns, subjective I know...but again it's the MOST REASONABLE.

A 16 year old amateur boxer with no professional experience vs P4P King = we'd say the P4P king but you can play the 'oh this is subjective' card to this as well.
That last part is just silly, lol, of course an amateur fighter with no professional fights wouldnt be ranked amongst the pros. Its cool, I agree with you about Ray Robinson, but im sure there were people of that time that might have thought differently about him. Good luck with your studying.
illwill007 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:32 PM   #58
moneypaysbills
That's Mr moneypaysbills
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: The Moon
Posts: 844
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illwill007 View Post
More posters should be like you, open minded about the subjectivity of boxing. By the way, I grew up watching old fights of the fab 4 particularly Hearns, as I am from Detroit. I have a very hard time seeing Money beat Hearns.
That's pretty cool, I take it you must have been to see the Kronk Gym



All four are really great fighters and what an era it was. Hard to think of another era that tops it.

I highly rate mayweather, I really do but I just don't think he could beat the Hitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by duwdu View Post
Glad to know that you know you're just being subjective, which most are, and end up passing their opinion as fact, especially if they feel they're in line with "majority of knowledgeable posters on here," another opinion being presented as fact.

In response to an earlier question, "P34c3" is my formulation for the word "Peace."
Calm down, I have my opinion and you have yours.

Also if most people agree with something there's nothing wrong with that unless you see yourself as part of the Thomas Hearns counterculture?

moneypaysbills is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:03 PM   #59
duwdu
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 139
vCash: 500
Default Re: Fighters Floyd Mayweather must fight to get 15-20 ATG status.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypaysbills View Post
That's pretty cool, I take it you must have been to see the Kronk Gym



All four are really great fighters and what an era it was. Hard to think of another era that tops it.

I highly rate mayweather, I really do but I just don't think he could beat the Hitman



Calm down, I have my opinion and you have yours.

Also if most people agree with something there's nothing wrong with that unless you see yourself as part of the Thomas Hearns counterculture?

Oh, right, thanks for outing the Thomas Hearns cultists...now I know the basis for all the belief, loyalty, push, argument, and support. Nothing wrong with that at all, tho'. Luckily for me, I can now put everything in the proper context.

Thanks for the discussion.

P34c3
duwdu is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:03 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013