Old 03-04-2013, 12:53 PM   #46
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

vCash: 372
Default Re: Chavez to sue NAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed_man02 View Post
I don't understand this logic. Are you ok with the commission fining JR. 2 million? 3 million? what if they just banned him all together? would those punishments be ok with you?
He failed the drug test for the second time in his career, not to forget that he actually walked away from the drug test after some fights. He got what he deserves as a second punishment, SECOND being the key word here.
Scar is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #47
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

nsac is a joke. they cant even detect peds right and they r gonna fine julio for smoking a joint. it is absolutely hilarious
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #48
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazooka View Post
I am sorry I just dont get how weed makes you a cheater?
My cheating reference is obviously directed to his previous suspension when he took illegal substances to help make weight.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 12:59 PM   #49
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxing Fanatic View Post
nsac is a joke. they cant even detect peds right and they r gonna fine julio for smoking a joint. it is absolutely hilarious
Perhaps they should send an apology to Julio together with three bags; each of which contains weed, marijuana and cocaine. He would love that especially after testing positive for the second time in his ****ing career, dumbass.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 01:00 PM   #50
kirk
C1
East Side VIP

vCash: 2102

For people saying 'well if he doesnt like it, he shouldnt have tested pos then' or 'its high be he broke the rules'

In that case then, the last time you got a speeding ticket, or the next time you do, I suppose its ok that you get fined $50,000 for speeding? I mean hey, you broke the rules right? Of course not

thats stupid logic in this case given the price of his fine. There are 'reasonable' punishments in accordance to the rules being broke.

Im no JR fan (any more), and love to see him finally having to pay a price, but 1,000,000 for smoking pot? Its simply absurd to the point of being totally unreasonable.

The commission needs to have the fines that they will hand out for 1st, 2nd, 3rd offenses already traced out on their websites and publically known. Just making up some random number to extort on someone is bull****.

Again, this is coming from someone that wants to see Jr punished, but out of principle $1 million is absurd and I bet wouldnt mesh with any other fine they have handed out.

A big suspension and $400,000 would be about right. Fining him 900k for this is simply absurd.
kirk is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 01:01 PM   #51
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scar View Post
My cheating reference is obviously directed to his previous suspension when he took illegal substances to help make weight.

Okay but thats water under the bridge.... this is about what he tested positive for and the insane amount of money that Nevada is extorting from him
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #52
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Okay but thats water under the bridge.... this is about what he tested positive for and the insane amount of money that Nevada is extorting from him
It's understandable because this isn't the first time he fails the test. Not to forget the amount of times he walked away from these tests before. This is disrespectful to the commission, if they let this guy slip away for the second time with a similar punishment as the first what kind of message are they sending to other rising stars? If you're going to break the rules twice prepare to be punished for it accordingly. It doesn't matter what he tested positive for, the fact that he did test positive again is the main issue here.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 01:06 PM   #53
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
It's understandable because this isn't the first time he fails the test. Not to forget the amount of times he walked away from these tests before. This is disrespectful to the commission, if they let this guy slip away for the second time with a similar punishment as the first what kind of message are they sending to other rising stars? If you're going to break the rules twice prepare to be punished for it accordingly. It doesn't matter what he tested positive for, the fact that he did test positive again is the main issue here.
Did he fail any previous test or walk away from any previous test in the state of Nevada?
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 01:08 PM   #54
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

Quote:
Perhaps they should send an apology to Julio together with three bags; each of which contains weed, marijuana and cocaine. He would love that especially after testing positive for the second time in his ****ing career, dumbass.
who u calling dumbass, keyboard warrior?
Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #55
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
Did he fail any previous test or walk away from any previous test in the state of Nevada?
Not that I know of. He still failed a drug test a second time and is clearly being overly punished for it.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #56
christo
Belt holder
ESB Addict

900K for smoking pot?
I thought it was a misprint when i saw it,
but NOPE. It stands. I guess the state
of Nevada is so broke that it needs to
pull this ****. Pathetic!
christo is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 01:13 PM   #57
Bazooka
Pimp C Wants 2 Be Me
East Side VIP

Quote:
Not that I know of. He still failed a drug test a second time and is clearly being overly punished for it.
What has happened in Texas, Nevada has no say about it and it should not be part of their decision making. He has failed a drug test yes but it was not for steroids it was for a drug that is decriminalized in most states and legal in at least two states.

Now the problem we have here is the fine amount, he does deserved to be suspended and fined, but not 900k, when you have fighters testing positive for steroids and admitting to using steroids and being fined pennys in comparison...

I am sorry what Nevada is doing here is using their authority their power and they are using that to legally commit extortion.....
Bazooka is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 01:21 PM   #58
purephase
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Quote:
Yes he was in Nevada when he was caught using diuretic, and the very next fight he has back in the state he breaks the rules again.
purephase is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 01:23 PM   #59
Scar
ESB Junkie
East Side VIP

Quote:
What has happened in Texas, Nevada has no say about it and it should not be part of their decision making. He has failed a drug test yes but it was not for steroids it was for a drug that is decriminalized in most states and legal in at least two states.

Now the problem we have here is the fine amount, he does deserved to be suspended and fined, but not 900k, when you have fighters testing positive for steroids and admitting to using steroids and being fined pennys in comparison...

I am sorry what Nevada is doing here is using their authority their power and they are using that to legally commit extortion.....
So what you're saying here is if a fighter is known to be failing a drug test in one state, the rest shouldn't care nor pay attention to it? Wasn't both Tyson and Margarito suspended in all states after being caught in one?

It's obvious what Nevada is doing here, this is a fighter who failed a drug test in another state and did so in theirs as well. It's only normal for all states to raise awareness when one fighter fails a test and is suspended. If he's going to be reckless and break the rules like that he might as well expect serious punishment, that's the only way to stop him from continuously breaking the rules.

Surely you read this but I'll add it to my post regardless as I wasn't aware(thanks purephase).

Quote:
Originally Posted by purephase View Post
Yes he was in Nevada when he was caught using diuretic, and the very next fight he has back in the state he breaks the rules again.
Scar is offline  Top
Old 03-04-2013, 01:26 PM   #60
rayhogan
Dont worry Pac, you wont
East Side VIP

Cant believe some ppl are saying 900k is bs lol. Ppl this is the second time chavez fail a drug test no matter what it is, he fail it twice in nevada. Come on ppl think.
rayhogan is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum