AMIN-60 is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2013, 06:01 PM   #2
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1306
Default Re: My 14th fight !!!

I'll watch it right now and post my thoughts, thanks for posting it.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM   #3
JDK
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 675

Marked for when I get home .. thanks for sharing
JDK is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 07:17 PM   #4
xRedx
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1306

Round 1:

Overall in my view, this round looked pretty even for both you and your opponent. Each time one of you went for 2-3 shots, the other responded with about the same number back and you were both making each other miss shots. However, I felt you had superior head movement (bobbing/weaving) whilst your opponent had better footwork.

I think maybe the judges could have scored this round in favour of your opponent because of the down, it definitely looked like a slip but it could have been scored a knockdown.

Round 2:

I think you won this round because you were landing the more accurate and cleaner shots and you were making your opponent miss his shots with good blocking and bobbing and weaving of the head (4:50-5:01). Your opponent was still doing pretty good, but you were landing the more accurate shots.

Round 3:

This is the round that I think your opponent beat you. He was much more active in this round than the previous round and was throwing more flurries. After a little while into the round, he started throwing flurries of 2-3 punches when you only responded with 1 punch each time. He was also making you miss shots since he noticed you were only aiming for his head (8:58-9:22).

Look at 9:13 especially, he threw like 4 shots and you responded with 1 which missed. You did pin him against the ropes near the end of round (10:30-10:44) and threw some good shots but I don't think it was enough to recover from before.

=======================================================

I think the decision was pretty fair since judges don't like to score bouts a draw. I personally think it was closer to a draw if the down is scored as a slip rather than a knockdown.

=======================================================

I think you should work on throwing more punches and combinations when close to your opponent, not allowing your opponent to finish his combinations. I think you should also work on your footwork and being more quicker on your feet to close the distance between you and your opponent.

Last edited by xRedx; 03-11-2013 at 01:03 PM.
xRedx is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 07:34 PM   #5
greynotsoold
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Maybe you were a little tight in the first round? He was moving in with that left hook/swing and caught you with that 4 times I think I counted, and 2-3 with that right hand. That suprised me, as he was really swinging it.
You started coming on, which, having seen you fight a few times now, seems to be your way. But he was coming in and getting his hands off, 3 or 4 punches, and getting out. To often, your counter caught only air. I think a draw would have been fair, but I can see why he won, and I'm pretty certain that, over 6 you'd win clearly.
I hate to keep going back to the same thing, but the problem you have with your footwork kind of let you down here. He was able to move in, punch and move away before you could really get your punches off, and you often had trouble getting set. He was right there, throwing punches with his chin up, but your timing- your ablity to time him, I should say- was a half beat off.
Watch the Chavez/Rosario fight for an example...Chavez won so easily because he could move in close and punch hard- whereas Rosario needed more space and more time to punch effectively because of his feet. Watch that fight and watch their feet and you'll see what I'm getting at.
greynotsoold is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
paloalto00
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 347

It was close, but I think he edged you mate. You fought a good fight, I think you were wanting to land that hook too much that you left behind the rest of your punches
paloalto00 is offline  Top
Old 03-10-2013, 11:49 PM   #7
jasper2005
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

didnt score it punch by punch because that takes too longbut imo you lost the first round won the 2nd round and the 3rd rd coulda gone either way.. you throw too many single shots also footwork needs some improvement but other than that cant see anything too big
jasper2005 is online now  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #8
AMIN-60
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Thank everybody for advice. Yes maybe i loose because ot the knockdown.
But also i use too much my left hook. I must use more my jab
AMIN-60 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #9
scrap
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000

Why you lost, was because you wanted a Fight. Why He won was because He Boxed, you were giving Him, His Distance, without lateral shifts.
scrap is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 11:34 AM   #10
RichC
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by xRedx View Post

I think the decision was pretty fair since judges don't like to score bouts a draw. I personally think it was closer to a draw if the down is scored as a slip rather than a knockdown.
Amateur bouts are scored are by counting the number of punches that land on the target area, with force, with the knuckle part of the glove through out the full contest. Rounds aren't scored.

Knock downs are scored as 1 point providing the judge sees the shot land and presses the button / clicker to register the point. Nothing more. No extra points are gained or lost.
RichC is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #11
AMIN-60
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Yes you are right my friend ! Knockdown it's only 1 point
AMIN-60 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #12
Speechless
Contender
ESB Senior Member

I have no constructive criticism. You are much better than I am and you have some real talent. Best of luck with future fights.
Speechless is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2013, 07:20 AM   #13
AMIN-60
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speechless View Post
I have no constructive criticism. You are much better than I am and you have some real talent. Best of luck with future fights.
Thank my friend
AMIN-60 is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2013, 08:21 AM   #14
captain hook
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1794

very nice counter punching and punching overall

i just wanna criticize your movement, it is too static and predictable, you leave your opponent too much time to rest. With few lateral shifts, as scrap said, you would be much more effective and counter-punching would be even better.

wish you luck in future
captain hook is offline  Top
Old 03-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #15
AMIN-60
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain hook View Post
very nice counter punching and punching overall

i just wanna criticize your movement, it is too static and predictable, you leave your opponent too much time to rest. With few lateral shifts, as scrap said, you would be much more effective and counter-punching would be even better.

wish you luck in future
You are right
AMIN-60 is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing