Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Round1gymDC
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 2,077
vCash: 500
Default 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

I don't understand why people think the Floyd fight is easy. It's not that Guerreo isn't a great fighter, but more so that Floyd is Prime for a loss. This could be his worst camp EVER!

1: No ego boosting bromance: I'm sure 50 gave Floyd another level confidence we all need somebody who's respectable in their own arena to push us

2: the potential blow ups in camp with his dad: Having 2 coaches and one who he has had and up and down relationship could make camp a big headache. Just imagine if there is only 2 weeks before the fight and him and his dad are fighting # Advantage Guerrero

3: Jail inactivity : Jail ages you x 7, if you ever did a night in jail you know it feels like a week in that bitch! Some guys in jail can't wait to sentenced and head to prison where it more sustainable

4: New network pressure: I'm pretty sure Flacco ain't the only one that has contingencies in his contract. Pretty sure he has to beat Guerreo and hit a number mark before he is guaranteed any up front money. Showtime knows his power Is based on him having his O. That equals pressure

5: Age


My point is its the best time for Any fighter to take down Floyd!

Last edited by Round1gymDC; 03-04-2013 at 09:24 PM. Reason: galaxy 3 tripping
Round1gymDC is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-04-2013, 09:09 PM   #2
janeschicken
hard work! deadicayshin!
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 9,670
vCash: 248
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round1gymDC View Post

My point is its the best time for Any fighter to take down Floyd!
Which is exactly why he's fighting an entirely mediocre fighter in Guerrero
janeschicken is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:13 PM   #3
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: New York
Posts: 14,721
vCash: 121
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

Not sure I'd agree with those 5

1. Floyd's age taking its toll
2. Floyd's prison time taking a physical toll
3. Guerrero's southpaw style
4. Guerrero's ability to fight dirty on the inside.
5. Guerrero's ability to fight on the outside

All of those would have to work in perfect harmony for Guerrero to even eek out a decision. Because unless something happens on Floyd's end that messes him up, I don't see Guerrero being good enough to make his advantages count against Floyd's more numerous advantages.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:16 PM   #4
iceman71
WBC SILVER Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: the DIRTY SOUTH
Posts: 24,035
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

1) floyd was in jail not prison

2) guerrero is a ****ing 12-1 under dog who should be a 20-1 underdog

3) this fight sucks

4) floyd toys with him in a boring 12 round fight
iceman71 is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #5
PrinceN
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 8,995
vCash: 500
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
PrinceN is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #6
Ripper11
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,675
vCash: 1948
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round1gymDC View Post
1: No ego boosting bromance: I'm sure 50 gave Floyd another level confidence we all need somebody who's respectable in their own arena to push us
Floyd got his little bro now

BORKED
Ripper11 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 12:40 AM   #7
pit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,080
vCash: 1000
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round1gymDC View Post
I don't understand why people think the Floyd fight is easy. It's not that Guerreo isn't a great fighter, but more so that Floyd is Prime for a loss. This could be his worst camp EVER!

1: No ego boosting bromance: I'm sure 50 gave Floyd another level confidence we all need somebody who's respectable in their own arena to push us

2: the potential blow ups in camp with his dad: Having 2 coaches and one who he has had and up and down relationship could make camp a big headache. Just imagine if there is only 2 weeks before the fight and him and his dad are fighting # Advantage Guerrero

3: Jail inactivity : Jail ages you x 7, if you ever did a night in jail you know it feels like a week in that bitch! Some guys in jail can't wait to sentenced and head to prison where it more sustainable

4: New network pressure: I'm pretty sure Flacco ain't the only one that has contingencies in his contract. Pretty sure he has to beat Guerreo and hit a number mark before he is guaranteed any up front money. Showtime knows his power Is based on him having his O. That equals pressure

5: Age


My point is its the best time for Any fighter to take down Floyd!
1. Ego nah floyd has been winning way before befriending 50..
2. Say what you want but the Mayweather clan knows how to take care of business in the ring.
3. Activity could play a factor.
4. This will play in Floyd Favor, he's been in big Dances before its Gerror that is treading in unknown waters.
5. Age could have an effect but, Iv always said Floyd style and work ethics can keep him around for a while, unless he gets totally board. But like Holmes, Hagler, Hopkins, Floyd to has fought more for acceptance and approval to a fault. This could be his down fall with his age a leverage.
pit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #8
yOyOyO_26
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 722
vCash: 2355
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

5 reasons Floyd could lose big against Guerrero

1.Guerrero low blows him ref calls it a body shot he doesnt get up
2.Guerrero lands an illegal low blow Roger comes in swinging gets Floyd dq'd
3.Guerrero headbutts Floyd causing a cut ref says a legal punch caused it fight gets stopped
4.Guerrero headbutts Floyd roger comes in swinging Floyd gets dq'd
5.Robert Guerreros dad shouts at Floyd Sr through the ring so Sr goes through the ring and does a under the bottom rope drop kick on him and gets Floyd dq'd

quite a high possibility he could lose
yOyOyO_26 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:20 AM   #9
MidniteProwler
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 2,879
vCash: 500
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceN View Post
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Ahahaha Awesome...
MidniteProwler is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:24 AM   #10
kwilson71
#MAYDAY
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Houston,TX
Posts: 1,932
vCash: 75
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

I think Floyd has shown the mental toughness to discount your first 4 points.
kwilson71 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:25 AM   #11
Nonito Smoak
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 14,931
vCash: 650
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
Not sure I'd agree with those 5

1. Floyd's age taking its toll
3. Guerrero's southpaw style + size
4. Guerrero's ability to fight dirty on the inside.
5. Guerrero's ability to fight on the outside and he is a smart fighter
These
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:32 AM   #12
AnthonyW
ESB Official Gif Poster
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 1,367
vCash: 920
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Round1gymDC View Post
I don't understand why people think the Floyd fight is easy. It's not that Guerreo isn't a great fighter, but more so that Floyd is Prime for a loss. This could be his worst camp EVER!

1: No ego boosting bromance: I'm sure 50 gave Floyd another level confidence we all need somebody who's respectable in their own arena to push us
No elite athlete will suffer at the hands of falling out with a friend.

Quote:
2: the potential blow ups in camp with his dad: Having 2 coaches and one who he has had and up and down relationship could make camp a big headache. Just imagine if there is only 2 weeks before the fight and him and his dad are fighting # Advantage Guerrero
These have happened before.

Quote:
3: Jail inactivity : Jail ages you x 7, if you ever did a night in jail you know it feels like a week in that bitch! Some guys in jail can't wait to sentenced and head to prison where it more sustainable
We may very well see some rust in there, even more so than his longer layoffs. Probably more due to his age rather than his time away though.

Quote:
4: New network pressure: I'm pretty sure Flacco ain't the only one that has contingencies in his contract. Pretty sure he has to beat Guerreo and hit a number mark before he is guaranteed any up front money. Showtime knows his power Is based on him having his O. That equals pressure
Has never shown or crumbled to pressure, not likely to do so now.

Quote:
5: Age
This is the biggest factor in a loss.


Quote:
My point is its the best time for Any fighter to take down Floyd!
IMO, not Guerrero though.
AnthonyW is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:34 AM   #13
Uncle Rico
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,893
vCash: 75
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

Wait, did you just cite 50 Cent no longer being around as one of the reasons Floyd could lose to Guerrero? You clowns and your hyping up of Floyd's opponents.
Uncle Rico is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 04:45 AM   #14
MannySteward
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,646
vCash: 806
Default Re: 5 Reasons Mayweather could lose big against Guerreo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Rico View Post
Wait, did you just cite 50 Cent no longer being around as one of the reasons Floyd could lose to Guerrero? You clowns and your hyping up of Floyd's opponents.
Yeah. I cant quite believe that he actually said that
MannySteward is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013