Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


View Poll Results: UFC on Fuel TV 9
Gustafsson 4 50.00%
Mousasi 5 62.50%
Pearson 4 50.00%
Couture 3 37.50%
Mitrione 6 75.00%
De Fries 1 12.50%
Pickett 5 62.50%
Easton 2 25.00%
Brandao 5 62.50%
Garza 2 25.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-01-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,456
vCash: 553
Default UFC on Fuel TV 9

Will the cut be a factor?

Is this Ryan Couture' coming out party?

My answers are yes and no. I'm looking forward to Pickett v Easton and Brandao v Garza the most. Michael Johnson too. When it comes to the main event, I just don't know... Gustafsson has effective striking, but is squirrelly on his feet. I'm leaning towards Mousasi, but I'll admit that I have only seen a few fights of his. What say you?
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2013, 01:54 PM   #2
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

How much can Couture really 'come out'? He showed he can be exciting in his last fight but he's not that good.
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:12 PM   #3
BobDigi5060
East Side MMA
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: TX
Posts: 5,456
vCash: 553
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Well it is the co main event.

Please vote, vote or die
BobDigi5060 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:23 PM   #4
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,990
vCash: 201
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Couture is going NOWHERE. He got a gift his last fight, and im pretty sure he go a few other gift decisions to go along with that one. i'll be surprised if he beats Pearson with Controversy.
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 02:26 PM   #5
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Well it is the co main event.

Please vote, vote or die

What the **** are we voting for? You ask whether the cut will be a factor and then list the fighters...
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #6
War-Lord
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDigi5060 View Post
Will the cut be a factor?

Is this Ryan Couture' coming out party?

My answers are yes and no. I'm looking forward to Pickett v Easton and Brandao v Garza the most. Michael Johnson too. When it comes to the main event, I just don't know... Gustafsson has effective striking, but is squirrelly on his feet. I'm leaning towards Mousasi, but I'll admit that I have only seen a few fights of his. What say you?
Gus has proven himself to me. Mousasi I have seen handled by king mo and I thought he lost to jardine. He is ungodly overrated and it will show in this fight.
War-Lord is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 05:49 PM   #7
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: sweden
Posts: 5,329
vCash: 117
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bigunit View Post
What the **** are we voting for? You ask whether the cut will be a factor and then list the fighters...
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
greathamza is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 PM   #8
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by War-Lord View Post
I thought he lost to jardine.
All credibilty out the window, right here. That's just an absurd point of view. Jardine is beyond lucky to have that fight a draw on his record.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:02 PM   #9
UnleashtheFURY
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 3,990
vCash: 201
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Mousasi definitely won, but that still doesn't change the fact that he looked like complete shit against Jardine. I still can't believe he didn't finish Jardine...
UnleashtheFURY is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:30 PM   #10
War-Lord
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
All credibilty out the window, right here. That's just an absurd point of view. Jardine is beyond lucky to have that fight a draw on his record.

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Fight Matrix has had many fights wrong. When does damage matter after a fight? If you are going on that then GSP lost to Bj first fight and many others. Thats a poor representation of a fight. Especially considering the one you are talking about is Jardine who is a known bleeder and swells quite easily.
War-Lord is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #11
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,551
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Didn't Mousasi get a point deducted against Jardine? I remember thinking that the judges would incorrectly award Jardine the first round due to a couple of take downs, and that Mousasi could need a finish to get the win.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:52 PM   #12
rekcutnevets
Black Sash
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: InYourMouth, NC
Posts: 6,551
vCash: 1000
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Oh, and I was/am picking Mousasi by guillotine against Gustafsson. I picked Mousasi to defeat Jardine this way. I thought Mousasi would be winning the stand-up and force Jardine to go for the take down. It came close to happening in the 2nd round if I'm not mistaken.

I picked Shogun to defeat Gustafsson by guillotine. An attempt was made in, I think, the 3rd; but it wasn't close to happening.

Mousasi's biggest weakness is wrestling. I don't think Gustafsson will be immediately looking for the take down. I think Gustafsson will stand with Mousasi, eat a few 1-2's, lower his head and get submitted.
rekcutnevets is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:57 PM   #13
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by War-Lord View Post
Fight Matrix has had many fights wrong. When does damage matter after a fight? If you are going on that then GSP lost to Bj first fight and many others. Thats a poor representation of a fight. Especially considering the one you are talking about is Jardine who is a known bleeder and swells quite easily.
You are the only person that I have ever seen that thinks Jardine deserved to win that fight. The only thing he did successfully in that fight was score some takedowns that he did literally nothing with.

When every number (except TD's) favours you heavily, and you caused ten times more damage, then you deserved the win the fight. The draw was a poor decision, but if Jardine had been given the win, it would have been one of the worst decisions in the sports history.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 PM   #14
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Canada
Posts: 4,713
vCash: 847
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rekcutnevets View Post
Didn't Mousasi get a point deducted against Jardine? I remember thinking that the judges would incorrectly award Jardine the first round due to a couple of take downs, and that Mousasi could need a finish to get the win.
Yeah, there was a point deducted because of an up-kick that barely landed and didn't hurt Jardine at all.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 11:10 PM   #15
War-Lord
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 494
vCash: 500
Default Re: UFC on Fuel TV 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Yeah, there was a point deducted because of an up-kick that barely landed and didn't hurt Jardine at all.
It still landed lol. That's like saying "an illegal knee barely landed it didn't hurt him" it's still illegal.
War-Lord is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013