Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-06-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

To me, in order:

1-Éder Jofre
2-Joe Louis
3-Victor Galindez
4-Wanderlei Silva
5-Don Frye (I watched his fight with Takayama recently and you have to love this guy )

I always forget someone, I love too many fighters....others: Peter Aerts, Samart Payakaroon, Royce Gracie, Mike Tyson......
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 12:56 PM   #2
Beouche
Dinamita
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 5,912
vCash: 500
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

1. JMM
2. Morales
3. Fedor
Beouche is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 12:58 PM   #3
SugarShane_24
ESB good-looking member
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: the few, the proud, the Philippines
Posts: 4,433
vCash: 75
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
To me, in order:

1-Éder Jofre
2-Joe Louis
3-Victor Galindez
4-Wanderlei Silva
5-Don Frye (I watched his fight with Takayama recently and you have to love this guy )

I always forget someone, I love too many fighters....
It would be difficult for a true fight fan to narrow down the list but here's mine:

1. Pacquiao
2. Espinosa
3. Mosley
2. Liddell
3. Masato
SugarShane_24 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:01 PM   #4
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

Tyson
Sugar Shane
Ali
Fedor
Melvin Manhoef
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:14 PM   #5
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

Masato and Manhoef are great shouts, I love those two too.....
Funnily enough Fedor never thrilled me, he is the goat and everything, but I would put numerous fighters before him in a list like that, don´t exatcly the reason tbh......

Couture and Minotauro are my favorites too, I think their fight is probably my favorite in recent years in MMA, I love that fight so much !
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Masato and Manhoef are great shouts, I love those two too.....
Funnily enough Fedor never thrilled me, he is the goat and everything, but I would put numerous fighters before him in a list like that, don´t exatcly the reason tbh......

Couture and Minotauro are my favorites too, I think their fight is probably my favorite in recent years in MMA, I love that fight so much !
Watch Fedors fights with Big Nog, listen to Bas and Quadros do the commentary and then come back and tell me you're not a fan....
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #7
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Watch Fedors fights with Big Nog, listen to Bas and Quadros do the commentary and then come back and tell me you're not a fan....
Oh, I watched those fights, not with Bas and Quadros though....
I obviously like the fights, especially the first one, but not exactly Fedor, I guess is because I love Minotauro and is quite sad to see Fedor beating him. I appreciate Fedor´s skills, but I put many others as my favorites before....
Call me crazy but I prefer to watch Couture fights than Fedor fights.....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:27 PM   #8
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Oh, I watched those fights, not with Bas and Quadros though....
I obviously like the fights, especially the first one, but not exactly Fedor, I guess is because I love Minotauro and is quite sad to see Fedor beating him. I appreciate Fedor´s skills, but I put many others as my favorites before....
Call me crazy but I prefer to watch Couture fights than Fedor fights.....
I can't think of a single Couture fight that was more exciting than watching Kevin Randleman pile drive Fedor.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #9
BUMPY KNUCKLES
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 1,888
vCash: 75
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

**** it I can't decide!
BUMPY KNUCKLES is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #10
Vic-JofreBRASIL
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 8,697
vCash: 1166
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
I can't think of a single Couture fight that was more exciting than watching Kevin Randleman pile drive Fedor.
Well, Couture beating Vitor, twice, was pretty exciting to me, since I´m not a fan of Belfort and disliked him much more some years ago when I watched those fights......
I think it has more to do with the emotions his fights brought to me, like I said, Minotauro vs Couture is one of my favorite fights.....
Couture vs Napão (Gonzaga) is also one of my favorite fights ever, weirdly....
Vic-JofreBRASIL is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:46 PM   #11
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: By any means necessary
Posts: 17,818
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic-JofreBRASIL View Post
Well, Couture beating Vitor, twice, was pretty exciting to me, since I´m not a fan of Belfort and disliked him much more some years ago when I watched those fights......
I think it has more to do with the emotions his fights brought to me, like I said, Minotauro vs Couture is one of my favorite fights.....
Couture vs Napão (Gonzaga) is also one of my favorite fights ever, weirdly....
Completely agree with that. As at the time there was no way anyone could have expected Gonzaga to loose in such a humiliating fashion to Couture, bearing in mind Gonzaga tooled Cro Cop not too long before.. Definitely one of the best wins of his career.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:56 PM   #12
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,861
vCash: 75
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

1. Samart Payakaroon
2. Matthew Saad Muhammad
3. Roy Jones Jr
4. Nick Diaz
5. Fedor Emilianenko

EDIT: Changed mine, **** it, Nick Diaz is making it in and goes ahead of Fedor.

Last edited by Flea Man; 03-06-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Flea Man is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #13
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: @ferociousflea
Posts: 39,861
vCash: 75
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

Painful list to make by the way. Sadly, my favourite MMA guys missed out by a hair.
Flea Man is online now  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:10 PM   #14
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,174
vCash: 500
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

1a. Saul Alvarez
1b. Cain Velasquez
1c. Michael McDonald

I don't even wanna mention anymore because they'll definitely be huge ommissions.

I will say, in an openweight fantasy tournament; Aleksandr Karelin walks away the champion, 10 out of 10 times.
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 02:11 PM   #15
Peter__1987
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
vCash:
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

1/ Muhammad Ali
2/ Mike Tyson
3/ Anderson Silva
4/ Nick Diaz
5/ Lennox Lewis

Last edited by Peter__1987; 03-06-2013 at 03:15 PM.
 Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:17 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2013