Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum

Old 03-06-2013, 03:01 PM   #16
greathamza
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 117
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

In no particular order

Muhammad Ali
Mike Tyson
Fedor Emelianenko
Anderson Silva
Ingo The hammer of thor Johansson
greathamza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 03:08 PM   #17
Godfather
I put the G in God
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 75
Default Re: Considering all the Combat Sports, tell me your 5 favorite fighters:

1. Roberto Duran
2. James Toney
3. Nick Diaz
4. Orlando Canizales
5. Kazushi Sakuraba

Honourable mentions to Carl Froch, Marco Antonio Barrera, Joe Frazier and Antônio Rodrigo Nogueira.
Godfather is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2013, 03:10 PM   #18
Ireland
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Tyson
Sugar Shane
Ali
Fedor
Melvin Manhoef
Tyson
Fedor
Cormier
L. Lewis
Ali
Ireland is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #19
the_bigunit
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
1. Samart Payakaroon
2. Matthew Saad Muhammad
3. Roy Jones Jr
4. Nick Diaz
5. Fedor Emilianenko

EDIT: Changed mine, **** it, Nick Diaz is making it in and goes ahead of Fedor.

How long have you had the Payakaroon avi? Is it ever coming down?
the_bigunit is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2013, 03:15 PM   #20
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
1/ Muhammad Ali
2/ Mike Tyson
3/ Anderson Silva
4/ Nick Diaz
5/ Lennox Lewis
Changed my list again, Took Hendo out for Lennox Lewis.

How the **** did I forget Lennox Lewis
Old 03-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #21
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bigunit View Post
How long have you had the Payakaroon avi? Is it ever coming down?
I've had many, any avatar's, but I guess I've had this for three or four months now and funnily enough I thought recently 'I might stick with this one now'

By the way, I stupidly omitted Jung Koo Chang from my initial lit, he'd be right up there too, don't know who would miss out if I had to choose between Fedor and Nick Diaz....I'll drop Nick as he's still active.
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2013, 03:17 PM   #22
Godfather
I put the G in God
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Changed my list again, Took Hendo out for Lennox Lewis.

How the **** did I forget Lennox Lewis
Shit. I forgot LL as well. He probably wouldn't make it into my top 5 tbf but he deserves to be on the 'honourable mentions'.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:27 PM   #23
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
Shit. I forgot LL as well. He probably wouldn't make it into my top 5 tbf but he deserves to be on the 'honourable mentions'.
Yeah, it's really hard to pick your all time top choice, All the fighters i've named I love for one reason or another.

Mike Tyson - I literally get ****ing goose bumps when I watch his old fights, I could probably repeat the commentary from Tyson-Berbick word for word, I've watched it so many times, no fighter has ever or WILL EVER get me pumped for a fight like Tyson could.

Anderson Silva - I just think he's the ****ing MASTER, greatest combat athlete of all time, truely feel pleasured to watch him fight.

Muhammad Ali - Like everyone, it's pretty much impossible not to feel an emotional attachment to Ali, an amazing human being and absolute warrior inside the ring.

Nick Diaz - I used to dislike him, but after watching that Primetime the UFC did on him I finally felt like I 'got' him. He's just a crazy dude, and I think people struggle to understand him because he is different. and I LOVE watching him fight, if you looked up 'REAL FIGHTER' there should be a picture of him next to it.

Lennox Lewis - He was british, and he was the ****ing BUSINESS. gets underrated by idiot boxing fans on here, Lewis-Grant was the first big fight I ever stayed up for.

I feel emotionally attached to all these fighters listed above.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:36 PM   #24
Godfather
I put the G in God
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Yeah, it's really hard to pick your all time top choice, All the fighters i've named I love for one reason or another.

Mike Tyson - I literally get ****ing goose bumps when I watch his old fights, I could probably repeat the commentary from Tyson-Berbick word for word, I've watched it so many times, no fighter has ever or WILL EVER get me pumped for a fight like Tyson could.

Anderson Silva - I just think he's the ****ing MASTER, greatest combat athlete of all time, truely feel pleasured to watch him fight.

Muhammad Ali - Like everyone, it's pretty much impossible not to feel an emotional attachment to Ali, an amazing human being and absolute warrior inside the ring.

Nick Diaz - I used to dislike him, but after watching that Primetime the UFC did on him I finally felt like I 'got' him. He's just a crazy dude, and I think people struggle to understand him because he is different. and I LOVE watching him fight, if you looked up 'REAL FIGHTER' there should be a picture of him next to it.

Lennox Lewis - He was british, and he was the ****ing BUSINESS. gets underrated by idiot boxing fans on here, Lewis-Grant was the first big fight I ever stayed up for.

I feel emotionally attached to all these fighters listed above.
Same with my choice. I should add BJ Penn to the list somewhere. I ****ing love watching his fights.

And I agree with you about Diaz. I didn't really know anything about him before the Daley fight. I didn't really watch any MMA unless it was Silva or Fedor. But after hearing what Rogan says about him I looked him up and watched a few things about him and he's my favourite active sportsman. BJJ and striking are my 2 favourite aspects of the sport and therefore Diaz and BJ Penn are both in my top 3.

He also smokes weed which makes me respect him a lot more, and he's not natural in interviews which I like. He avoids the media if possible and when he does an interview he isn't trying to say the right things. I get the impression he's genuine in everything he says.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:41 PM   #25
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
He also smokes weed which makes me respect him a lot more, and he's not natural in interviews which I like. He avoids the media if possible and when he does an interview he isn't trying to say the right things. I get the impression he's genuine in everything he says.
Bang on mate, That's the same impression I get, he is 100% Genuine.

Plus, you have to respect the guy's work ethic.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #26
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Joe Louis
José Nápoles
Manny Pacquiao
Somrak Khamsing
Kazushi Sakuraba

Hard choosing just 5. Others left out would be:

Kaensak sor Ploenchit
Anderson Silva
Rambaa Somdet
Takanori Gomi
Yodsanklai Fairtex.
yaca you is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2013, 03:49 PM   #27
Flea Man
มวยสากล
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaca you View Post
Joe Louis
José Nápoles
Manny Pacquiao
Somrak Khamsing
Kazushi Sakuraba

Hard choosing just 5. Others left out would be:

Kaensak sor Ploenchit
Anderson Silva
Rambaa Somdet
Takanori Gomi
Yodsanklai Fairtex.
Wow, amazing list, some of those guys are massive favourites of mine. I hate you for making me realise I now have to find room for Joe Louis
Flea Man is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2013, 03:50 PM   #28
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Hard list to make. Fedor would certainly be at the top.

I have a hard time putting fighters from past generations in my top five favorites, even if I love watching their fights and deeply respect them and their stories. Something about not being there while it happened and only seeing things from a historical perspective takes away a lot of the excitement surrounding a fighter for me. There is something missing when you weren't actually there, in that time, watching things unfold in front of you.

...if that makes sense.
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2013, 03:58 PM   #29
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Floyd View Post
Hard list to make. Fedor would certainly be at the top.

I have a hard time putting fighters from past generations in my top five favorites, even if I love watching their fights and deeply respect them and their stories. Something about not being there while it happened and only seeing things from a historical perspective takes away a lot of the excitement surrounding a fighter for me. There is something missing when you weren't actually there, in that time, watching things unfold in front of you.

...if that makes sense.
I understand what you mean.

The only fighter in my list I wasn't around to watch fight live was Ali.

But I sure as **** wasn't leaving him out.
Old 03-06-2013, 03:59 PM   #30
yaca you
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flea Man View Post
Wow, amazing list, some of those guys are massive favourites of mine. I hate you for making me realise I now have to find room for Joe Louis
Fight fan for life baby!

Don't hate the playa...

Besides I hate you back for knowing so much about every goddam thing
yaca you is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum