Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs

Old 04-03-2013, 12:11 AM   #16
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500
Default Re: The Machine

TUESDAY

DIET:
6:30 AM=1/2 cup cottage cheese, large coffee
Lunch (12)=6 inch club sub from subway with everything, honey mustard, pepper, bottled green tea
3:30PM=Other half of sub
Post Training=2 cups chocolate milk mixed with 1 scoop protein powder, multivitamin, magnesium, zinc, vitC, 2 fish oil.

Calories=1480
Protein=118
Fat=29
Carbs=185

Yes I know, too little but I dont yet have all the food I want. I tried to get to the grocery store but missed the bus apparently so I went to the boxing club instead of waiting for the next one cuz Id be late otherwise.

TRAINING:
169lbs before training

3 rounds shadowboxing
stretches
4 rounds heavybag (right, left, feints, counters)
4 rounds "speed drills" (Tabata punchouts with the rest being light punches)
3 sets 10 reps feet elevated clapping pushups
3 sets 5 reps speed pullups
3 sets 5 reps squat jumps (almost touched the ceiling)
3 sets 5 reps long jumps (2 matts)
3 sets 20 reps lateral jumps
100 Neck Curls (10lbs) non consecutive, short rests
100 Neck Extensions (10lbs) non consecutive, short rests

It didnt feel like a very productive day for skills. Probably cuz the so called speed drills popped up but theyre good for muscular endurance so I dont mind too much. My neck feels like a noodle lol. Felt very strong in the speed pullups, Im strong in pullups but I just kinda flew up there, it was nice. Unfortunately when I tried throwing the medicine ball against the wall outside which is brick it sounded as if the wall was gonna cave...kind of a shitty building so I stopped, I dont think it was real brick. So I couldnt do the core plyo's but Ill pick up a band sometime so I can do them safely.
PugilistStudent is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2013, 01:08 AM   #17
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

THURSDAY

3.2 Miles done in intervals (160m hard, 160 easier) in 20:30
4 rounds shadowboxing in the ring
1 round heavybag
2 rounds sparring
4 rounds moving heavybag
4 rounds hand pads
Group Exercise:
3:00 squat jumps onto the ring
10 pushups 10 situps
20 pushups 20 situps
30 pushups 30 situps

**** I ran that hard, my legs where wasted and then buddy asks if I can spar today...shit im not gonna say no. Sparring went really well, its been quite a long time since I have but im still doing the same things well, just gotta expand on what I do well. Got him more than he got me, I still dont use my right hand much, should use my left hook more. Gotta spin out when they get close more. Got the sparring recorded, if I can figure out how to put the vid online Ill do that, I only have 1 round recorded. Still gotta work on cardio. Kinda slacked on the jumps onto the ring but thats just cuz I want to be able to train again tomorrow and not be so damn stiff I cant do anything. I squated much deeper than usual and so I did less for that reason.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:05 AM   #18
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

FRIDAY

3 rounds shadowboxing
stretch
3 rounds heavybag
3 rounds hand pads
3 rounds moving heavybag
3 sets 5 reps partial standing rollouts
3 sets 5 reps/side standing cable twistws 42.5lbs
3 sets 20 reps knee hugs
2 or 3 rounds hand pads
100 neck curls (10lbs)
100 neck extensions (10lbs)

Slushy as heck outside today so I didnt run, was gonna do some sort of cardio in the gym but that didnt happen, too many other things to do. Focused on keeping my chin down when backing up and whenever I throw something other than a jab cuz it comes up sometimes. Distance and lateral movement. Its great that Ive been hitting abs and neck this week but I need to either be consistent with the running and/or do some good conditioning in the gym or in the mornings...with my schedule it would likely have to be in the gym. Wish it was open for another hour...thatd be sweet. Going to some fights tomorrow.
Old 04-09-2013, 12:18 AM   #19
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

MONDAY

Morning-
50 Burpees (3:41)

Small victory here...got up and actually did something in the morning but I missed training tonight because my great grandma was in town so of course I have to spend some time with her. I also took my resting heart rate today when I woke up and couldnt believe the results, I have to do it again tomorrow.

Resting Heart Rate first thing in the morning:
First check: 45bpm
Second check: 47bpm

Ive had a RHR this low before but I was actually training hard for a long time before that and hadnt smoked for 2 years which is why Im VERY surprised seeing as how Ive been sitting on my ass for about 6 months and smoking for several years. Ill believe it if it happens again.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #20
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

TUESDAY

168lbs before training

3.2 miles (25:06)
stretching
6:00 jump rope
4 rounds shadowboxing
4 rounds heaybag
4 rounds moving heavybag
5 rounds hand pads
3 sets 5 reps partial standing rollouts
3 sets 5 reps/side standing cable twists (42.5)
2 sets 20 reps knee hugs (didnt have time to do 3)
Group Exercise:
5 rounds of, 20 seconds each, no rest:
situps, pushups, burpees, squat jumps, split jump+arm swings, jumping jacks

K so I got 45 again for my resting heart rate this morning, guess I didnt just goof. Training was pretty tough today I must say, even though I took it easy on the run.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #21
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

WEDNESDAY

10:00 jump rope
1 round shadow
3 or 4 rounds of defense drills (catch jab, catch n return, turning the opponent in the corner)
2 rounds sparring
4 rounds moving heavybag (half assed)

**** ****iddy **** ****, I had a bloody nose earlier today and it decided to bleed again really good after the second or 3rd shot I got. So damn distracting trying to keep from bleeding all over the damn place. The second round I focused more on my footwork and keeping him off balance and used feints but he was a bit too far out. Anyways, didnt do well. Pissed off cuz I can do better and didnt feel like sticking around.

Anyways, what I did right was I kept my chin down alot better this time although focusing on that made me stay pretty still (aka round 1, but round 2 I adjusted and went much better). When he got too close I circled out well. I slip way better than I parry.

Last edited by PugilistStudent; 04-16-2013 at 08:52 PM.
Old 04-16-2013, 08:56 PM   #22
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

FRIDAY

3.2 mile run

I waited till 7:15 and the gym didnt open, I think they where down at GG in BC.

MONDAY

Wow, ****ed up headache today. I think it is just the weather or something.

TUESDAY

Pretty sure I figured out whats giving me the headaches, the damn cigs I picked up. Gone through 3 packs the last 5 days...dipshit move. Anyhow I havent had any since I got back from work but once again I have the headache and Im SO worn out from work, theyre working us like dogs lately. Way too tired to go in tonight but tomorrow I should be good, no headaches cuz no smoking again and Im going to try to get a better sleep which should help.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #23
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

WEDNESDAY

Ran from 95th street and 118th ave to the gym then did 5 laps around that block...approx 3-3.5 miles

2 rounds jump rope

Ran from the gym to wayne gretzky bridge and back, no idea how far but probably 4 miles.

3 rounds jump rope
3 rounds shadowboxing
1 round heavybag
3 rounds hand pads with chico
3 rounds heavybag (2 moving, 1 regular)
Group Exercise

So I ran to the gym and the trainer either didnt believe me or just wanted to time my run so I ran it but I didnt know the route so I went at the other guys' pace...basically they slacked hard but I know the route now so Ill be able to get a real time next time. Next time doing the bridge run will just be at a pace I can maintain pretty easily and the next next time Ill smoke it and see what I get. Did pads with chico today instead of the usual rick, its a bit different but good hes pretty strict with the technical stuff and does a burnout at the end of each round. I like pads with rick too though he gets me to work lots of counters which I like, I think in time Ill be able to really use them.

Once again another compliment on my power with my jab...seems like my left hand gets all the attention. I need to put my hips into my right more.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:46 PM   #24
PugilistStudent
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

MONDAY

1 round jump rope
3.7m run (27:16)
2 rounds jump rope
3 rounds heavybag
2 rounds shadowboxing
3 one minute rounds shadowboxing (watching sparring and shadowboxing between rounds)
1 round shadowboxing
3 sets 5 reps standing rollout partials
2 or 3 sets 8 reps standing cable twists (42.5lbs)
1 set 20 reps knee hugs
Group Exercise: each exercise 10s, 20s, 30s, 30s, 20s, 10s
plank, shoulder touch plank, pushups, burpees, squat jumps

Ugh, had to turn down sparring today cuz I have a wisdom tooth coming in/going out...whatever its doing it hurts like hell and I cant even chew food on that side. I finished off the rounds of jump rope with 30s of double unders. I was real technical on the heavybag and shadowboxing today so there was some good work there, not much but still good. I didnt have time to finish my ab workout but I got some ab work in the group exercises. The group exercises where good today, I liked it, tough and itll def build up the endurance in my shoulders some more which is good.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Boxing Training/Amateur Boxing > Training Logs