Old 03-06-2013, 02:09 PM   #1
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Hendo vs Evans

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Quote:
Winnipeg has a major addition to its UFC 161 lineup, but the Canadian city still has a main event on the way.

On Tuesday MMAjunkie.com ([Only registered and activated users can see links. ]) reported that the event, which is slated for June 15 at MTS Centre, would get a light heavyweight bout between former champion Rashad Evans (17-3-1 MMA, 12-3-1 UFC) and Dan Henderson (29-9 MMA, 6-3 UFC), though Henderson needed medical clearance.

UFC officials have since announced Henderson is cleared. Additionally, they announced the fight won't serve as the main event and that as-yet-unannounced headliner is still on the way.
Here's hoping Henderson takes his head off....
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
Peter__1987

vCash:
Default Re: Hendo vs Evans

You know what's crazy with Rashad Evans? He literally provokes no emotional response from me whatsoever of any kind.

When he's fighting I literally don't care if he wins or loses, when he's being interviewed I don't really care to listen, and I don't really like or dislike him.

He just provokes no response from me.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:19 PM   #3
scurlaruntings
ESB 2002 Club
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter__1987 View Post
You know what's crazy with Rashad Evans? He literally provokes no emotional response from me whatsoever of any kind.

When he's fighting I literally don't care if he wins or loses, when he's being interviewed I don't really care to listen, and I don't really like or dislike him.

He just provokes no response from me.
I can't say the same. He and Ricky Hatton are my favourite fightrs that i love to smash up on FN3 and UFC Undisputed. The guy is horribly overrated. He should change his nickname to sour. As he's about as sweet as a shit stew.
scurlaruntings is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
Peter__1987

vCash:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
I can't say the same. He and Ricky Hatton are my favourite fightrs that i love to smash up on FN3 and UFC Undisputed. The guy is horribly overrated. He should change his nickname to sour. As he's about as sweet as a shit stew.
I used to be a big Ricky Hatton fan back in the day, until I realised that he wasn't quite the person he made himself out to be.

Still a fan of his, but that emotional involvement you have to your real favourite fighters is long gone.
Old 03-06-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
Peter__1987

vCash:

Anyway, in regards to this fight, What I think will happen is Rashad will circle him and throw pitter patter punches, avoid exchanges and win a boring decision.

What I hope happens is this on Rashad's chin

Old 03-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #6
Rob_Floyd
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 847

Quote:
Originally Posted by scurlaruntings View Post
Rob_Floyd is offline  Top
Old 03-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #7
Muchmoore

vCash:

I wrestled at niagara ccc where rashad won a Juco title so I tend to root for him.

Ill prolly be goin for hendo in this one tho.
Old 03-08-2013, 07:32 AM   #8
thewinfella
The Golden Boy
East Side Guru

vCash: 75

Such an interesting match this, I need to think about this further then post
thewinfella is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2013, 12:35 PM   #9
jimmie
Champion
East Side Guru

I think its possible Rashad might do alittle bit more early on and have an advantage going into the 3rd just because of his speed. That said Rashad many times even in slow paced fights slows down by the 3rd round, he waste so many energy by just bouncing around and throwing his hands all over the place like a jackass. See the Rampage and Thiago Silva Fights. Difference is Hendo doesn't have pathetic cardio like those two fighters and I expect him to take Rashad's head off.
jimmie is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2013, 01:40 PM   #10
Coq
Sodomizer
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 75

Hendo can certainly knock him the **** out if Rashad fights the way he did against nog. But I think he'll wrestle****/wall and stall/dance his way to a boring decision.
Coq is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2013, 01:58 PM   #11
aliwasthegreatest
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Evans is excellent at neutralizing his opponents, especially if he can outwrestle them(see Rampage). Hendo is inconsistent in his wrestling ability. He might completely overpower and embarrass an opponent in his ability to wrestle them especially with his greco skills. Next fight he might be wrestle ****ed by an opponent who isn't much better than him. His standup allows him to be extremely dangerous as he has learned to land the 1 punch that anyone and everyone knows he is going to throw.

I'll pick Evans, but I would LOVE to see Hendo absolutely decapitate him. We'll see. Love seeing Hendo succeed.
aliwasthegreatest is offline  Top
Old 03-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #12
Will Munny
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

vCash: 500

Hendo is an idiot. Rashad wins this easily.
Will Munny is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Other > MMA Forum