boxing
Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum


Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-28-2013, 04:53 PM   #1
mikeweavertime
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 420
vCash: 1000
Default Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

Let me start off by stating I respect the Ghost and all him and his family have overcome. But he is now going to go down in history as doing one of the dumbest things of all time. Possibly jeopardizing a 3 or 4 million plus pay day. What the hell is even carrying a damn gun for in New York. It boggles my mind that him, his handlers, and Golden Boy had no clue on these gun regulations in NYC. Absolutely Foolish!!!
mikeweavertime is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #2
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeweavertime View Post
Let me start off by stating I respect the Ghost and all him and his family have overcome. But he is now going to go down in history as doing one of the dumbest things of all time. Possibly jeopardizing a 3 or 4 million plus pay day. What the hell is even carrying a damn gun for in New York. It boggles my mind that him, his handlers, and Golden Boy had no clue on these gun regulations in NYC. Absolutely Foolish!!!
I'd put invading Russia in the winter as a dumber decision, but this was pretty stupid no doubt.

Never underestimate the capacity of the human beings to shoot themselves in the foot at the absolute worst possible moment.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:00 PM   #3
Stylez G.
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
I'd put invading Russia in the winter as a dumber decision, but this was pretty stupid no doubt.

Never underestimate the capacity of the human beings to shoot themselves in the foot at the absolute worst possible moment.
Both Napoleon and Hitler both invaded Russia in June. Both underestimated how long it would take.
Stylez G. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #4
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stylez G. View Post
Both Napoleon and Hitler both invaded Russia in June. Both underestimated how long it would take.
My mistake then, thanks for the correction

At any rate, Guerrero is still a goddamn moron. I guess these types of idiot decisions happen when you're a Jesus freak though.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:04 PM   #5
JohnnyDrama99
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,258
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

Makes no sense....he doesn't need a heater to travel or to go to NYC. All he needs is one form of identification and a ticket. Why bring a piece with him?
JohnnyDrama99 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #6
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyDrama99 View Post
Makes no sense....he doesn't need a heater to travel or to go to NYC. All he needs is one form of identification and a ticket. Why bring a piece with him?
It was God's Will.

Duh.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #7
Stylez G.
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 3,470
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
My mistake then, thanks for the correction

At any rate, Guerrero is still a goddamn moron. I guess these types of idiot decisions happen when you're a Jesus freak though.
Yeah, I'm not quite sure what he was thinking. Hopefully he doesn't go to jail over this.
Stylez G. is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
sbbigmike
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2,924
vCash: 500
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

He's dead meat, word is he's being charged with 4 felonies, they might as well call the fight off with it being NY and all, they dont play
sbbigmike is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #9
Nonito Smoak
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Washington State, USA
Posts: 18,042
vCash: 0
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
I'd put invading Russia in the winter as a dumber decision, but this was pretty stupid no doubt.

Never underestimate the capacity of the human beings to shoot themselves in the foot at the absolute worst possible moment.
Hahahaha to the first statement. No doubt on that!

I mean, it's dumb but it's not as dumb as what plenty of athletes have done recently; Plaxico Burress shooting himself in the foot, Ben Roethlisberger raping women, Shaun Rogers trying to bring a gun on an airplane (equally dumb to Guerrero), Ray Lewis being in a limo of gang members when a man gets stabbed to death and remaining silent, Michael Vick being the countries biggest Godfather dog fighter and evading taxes from not reporting that income, Donte Stallworth driving drunk and killing a man crossing a Miami highway, Cedric Benson getting busted for a DUI than not long after getting busted for a BUI (boating). And these are just NFL players.

I'd say it's not that big of a deal. I'd think less of someone who was charged with assault and battery or drug dealing.
Nonito Smoak is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:09 PM   #10
pit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,081
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeweavertime View Post
Let me start off by stating I respect the Ghost and all him and his family have overcome. But he is now going to go down in history as doing one of the dumbest things of all time. Possibly jeopardizing a 3 or 4 million plus pay day. What the hell is even carrying a damn gun for in New York. It boggles my mind that him, his handlers, and Golden Boy had no clue on these gun regulations in NYC. Absolutely Foolish!!!
Let me say what I think is the dumbest thing ever .. People who make judgement on **** with out the full ****ing facts!!! Like yourself!!

So lets start with fact 1..
The gun is registered to him in the state of California

fact 2
The gun was not loaded

fact 3
Guerrero reported that he had the gun, to the JFK airport front desk as accordance to their policy .
It was then and only then the front desk reported the incident to the NYC security with the corporation of Guerrero.

fact 4
the reason he is in trouble because in the state of NY concealed weapons are against the law. Even though Guerrero may have a permit to carry a concealed weapon in CA its not permitted in NY

so what Guerrero is guilty of is not being fully aware of the concealed weapons laws of NY.


Please do not try and kill the mans character until all the fact come out.
pit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:13 PM   #11
Hatesrats
"Al Grito De Guerra"
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Oxnard, CA
Posts: 28,654
vCash: 75
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

You can ****/kill & possibly get away w/it but IF guns, weed and a BIG gulp is involved then you my friend are ****ed!!!!

Even if RG's gun is legally registered in CA & was unloaded to boot, NY don't give a ****.
(If he was sippin' on soda that is an additional 20 years)
Hatesrats is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:14 PM   #12
HawkFan16
Unshot/In My Prime
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Southern California
Posts: 1,758
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonito Smoak View Post
Hahahaha to the first statement. No doubt on that!

I mean, it's dumb but it's not as dumb as what plenty of athletes have done recently; Plaxico Burress shooting himself in the foot, Ben Roethlisberger raping women, Shaun Rogers trying to bring a gun on an airplane (equally dumb to Guerrero), Ray Lewis being in a limo of gang members when a man gets stabbed to death and remaining silent, Michael Vick being the countries biggest Godfather dog fighter and evading taxes from not reporting that income, Donte Stallworth driving drunk and killing a man crossing a Miami highway, Cedric Benson getting busted for a DUI than not long after getting busted for a BUI (boating). And these are just NFL players.

I'd say it's not that big of a deal. I'd think less of someone who was charged with assault and battery or drug dealing.
While what Guerrero did was by no means as BAD as what those guys did, it's the circumstances that are making it seem moronic.

The man has been publicly campaigning for a big payday for years, finally gets it (and with it the ability to provide for his family and support his wife's probable long term medical bills), and with just a month to go until he collects, he gets caught with a gun at the airport of the state with the toughest gun laws in the country.

He could have just stayed in a garage in Las Vegas or Gilroy, watched the Rocky movies over and over while knocking back Coronas and Carnitas, got his ass kicked on May 4, and he still would have got the money.

He's endangered a life-changing payday he's basically devoted his career to getting by doing something he didn't have to do at all.

The context of this situation makes him dumb much more than what he actually did, in my opinion.
HawkFan16 is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #13
SweetHome_Bama
P4P King
East Side VIP
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 16,136
vCash: 10918
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

50 states , 50 laws, I feel for him because it is easy to get screwed over by the law especially with regards to NY.
SweetHome_Bama is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:17 PM   #14
Juiceboxbiotch
Belt holder
ESB Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 3,968
vCash: 372
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

He apparently reported the fact that he had the gun at the ticket counter and they called the police. Just like Pit said, Guerrero is pretty much just guilty of not knowing how serious New York is about guns. Boy he knows now doesn't he.

He should not have been carrying his weapon with him in the first place but it sounds like he wasn't trying to hijack a plane or anything. He was trying to be proactive and honest but just wasn't aware that New York doesn't give a **** and will arrest yo ass.
Juiceboxbiotch is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #15
pit
Champion
East Side Guru
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 5,081
vCash: 1000
Default Re: Guerrero Makes Dumbest Decision Of All Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkFan16 View Post
While what Guerrero did was by no means as BAD as what those guys did, it's the circumstances that are making it seem moronic.

The man has been publicly campaigning for a big payday for years, finally gets it (and with it the ability to provide for his family and support his wife's probable long term medical bills), and with just a month to go until he collects, he gets caught with a gun at the airport of the state with the toughest gun laws in the country.

He could have just stayed in a garage in Las Vegas or Gilroy, watched the Rocky movies over and over while knocking back Coronas and Carnitas, got his ass kicked on May 4, and he still would have got the money.

He's endangered a life-changing payday he's basically devoted his career to getting by doing something he didn't have to do at all.

The context of this situation makes him dumb much more than what he actually did, in my opinion.

Sorry but it is his right to bare arms ..
Its kind of hard to follow every gun law in this country, which in itself is stupid.
pit is offline  Top
Reply With Quote
Reply

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump






All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Boxing News 24 Forum 2015