Boxing  

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum

Old 03-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
BigBone
It was man, it ****in was
ESB Addict

vCash: 1000
Default Is it possible to include Lomachenko's semi-pro wins in his future pro record?

As you can see I'm not all that familiar how AIBA's Professional Division works, but I don't see how having a fight under pro rules, sanctioned by a "pro division" and promoted as a single event with a selected opponent instead of a tournament of random draw, it should count as a pro fight.

Or am I missing something here? Is it a licencing thing? Should Lomachenko's wins included at least in his unofficial boxrec record when he turn "full pro"?
BigBone is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2013, 02:09 PM   #2
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75
Default Re: Is it possible to include Lomachenko's semi-pro wins in his future pro record?

They shouldn't include imo

If you go pro, do it the real way
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #3
BigBone
ESB Addict

Default Re: Is it possible to include Lomachenko's semi-pro wins in his future pro record?

Have you seen the fights? They are "real" as any pro contest with a live opponent.

Google Lomachenko-Suarez and Lomachenko-Maxwell.
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #4
Slickstar
Crisp This
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
Have you seen the fights? They are "real" as any pro contest with a live opponent.

Google Lomachenko-Suarez and Lomachenko-Maxwell.
why half ass it then. It shows they're capable of being pros just go pro
Slickstar is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #5
BigBone
ESB Addict

It's a legal thing from AIBA's POV, if you turn pro "the old fashion way", you can't compete at amateurs anymore.

But from pro boxing's POV, a fight that is sanctioned by a "pro division", fought under pro rules and scored under the 10 points must system should be counted as a pro fight. Is there a legal situation why we can't count these in his (future) pro record?
BigBone is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:20 PM   #6
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

It depends who you ask. You remember the commotion when Terrell Gausha turned pro, and his record on Fight Fax showed as 5-2. The fighters were told their results would not count towards their pro records, but it's murky.

Boxrec doesn't list WSB results, but Fight Fax still might, and they're "more official".
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:23 PM   #7
DrMo
Team GB
East Side VIP

vCash: 122

WSB is semi-pro so no, it shouldnt count towards a professional record.
DrMo is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:24 PM   #8
lester proctor
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 500

Btw, it's not in most fighters interest to include these fights in the pro record. Most of these guys would be good pro prospects, no way would they be pitted against other good prospects all the time in the pros.
lester proctor is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:25 PM   #9
Athorn4941
Journeyman

They are counted as professional matches.

Fightfax is official, Boxrec is not official.
Athorn4941 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:26 PM   #10
bballchump11
2011 Poster of the Year
East Side VIP

vCash: 400

in America, I think they do. I remember when the Olympians went pro, they included the bouts from the WSB since they got payed for them and had no headgear.
So Rashee W@rren started off his debut 7-0(7KOs)
bballchump11 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #11
boxeo#1
Boxer-Puncher
ESB Addict

vCash: 4511

Don´t they already do that?

Recently there was a thread here about a few top amateur guys that fought in the WSB and lost a couple of times there, now had a f*cked up record after they ''really'' turned pro.
boxeo#1 is online now  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #12
stevebhoy87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

They aren't and won't be included as far as I'm aware.

I think they should be personally
stevebhoy87 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #13
Smokin' Joe
~ Dinamita Irlandés ~
East Side Guru

vCash: 1276

How does this AIBA thing work?
Smokin' Joe is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 02:42 PM   #14
stevebhoy87
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slickstar View Post
why half ass it then. It shows they're capable of being pros just go pro
He is going pro, and is using the WSB where he faces fighters miles better than most rookie pros would ever face to help with the transition
stevebhoy87 is offline  Top
Old 03-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #15
Vantage_West
ヒップホップˇプロデューサー
East Side VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBone View Post
As you can see I'm not all that familiar how AIBA's Professional Division works, but I don't see how having a fight under pro rules, sanctioned by a "pro division" and promoted as a single event with a selected opponent instead of a tournament of random draw, it should count as a pro fight.

Or am I missing something here? Is it a licencing thing? Should Lomachenko's wins included at least in his unofficial boxrec record when he turn "full pro"?
ok so basically the wbs is a tourneyment of amatuers. WHO CAN go pro. while getting paid for thier entertainment.

honestly i was one of the first people to hear about the wbs. i thought it was a fantastic idea. allows amatuers to learn pro trade, get paid and lets them to keep their olympic and world championship eligibility.

lomachenko got a macro ton of money for what he is doing. they want this to succeed. i think it's a great idea....BUT the aiba is pretty shady from what i hear. especially with the "2 gold medals for azerbaijan" in the olympics.. just seems off
Vantage_West is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum