Old 03-13-2013, 06:09 PM   #61
Boxing Fanatic
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Re: The hate toward Bradley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogotazo View Post
There's a difference between being a tough sports competitor and frontin like the trash you talk is serious and you're gonna act on it. All successful pro-boxers are tough, but not all boxers have a confrontational tough-guy image. Bradley just suddenly whipped one out of nowhere after years of being pretty benign. It looks fake.
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

Boxing Fanatic is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #62
Yungkid16
T.E.D
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 500

Simple... Because he's black
Yungkid16 is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 06:49 PM   #63
eliqueiros
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 289

Rios got a gift.
Broner got a gift.

No one gives a shit.

Yet Bradly gets a gift against Pacquaio (who owes much of his clout to gift after gift) and the Pactard media goes ape shit.
eliqueiros is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 03-13-2013, 07:01 PM   #64
jeffjoiner
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 5174

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrax99 View Post
Simple, he gets blamed for what most believe was a gift decision over Manny. We all know the boxing media is pro Pacquiao, and Bradley was made into the scapegoat for the incident, despite the fact he had absolutely no fault in what happened, he just came to fight.
Bingo. HBO = Manny's promotional crew. Lampley's extremely biased commentary also set him up to disagree with the judges and add fuel to the fire.

I also have to imagine that a lot of Pac fans didn't watch Rios/Abril or any of other prominent robberies in recent years so Bradley is the face of all robberies in their minds.
jeffjoiner is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 09:07 PM   #65
JDezi4
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

Quote:
There's a difference between being a tough sports competitor and frontin like the trash you talk is serious and you're gonna act on it. All successful pro-boxers are tough, but not all boxers have a confrontational tough-guy image. Bradley just suddenly whipped one out of nowhere after years of being pretty benign. It looks fake.
Suddenly isn't the right word... After how he was treated over a circumstance he had nothing to do with, he has the right to now be jaded...

The boxing world has not been kind to him, so why should he continue to kiss its ass?
JDezi4 is offline  Top
Old 03-13-2013, 09:30 PM   #66
LikeFatherNSon
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Oh so he's frontin huh? He doesn't actually wanna fight those guys, huh? Funny.
LikeFatherNSon is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 01:13 AM   #67
NWS
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet-D-Willy View Post
idk, i don't really understand it. but he's been getting hated on long before his decision win over manny. dude has been on top for years, is a humble dude, and always comes to fight.

i guess he's just one of those guys that has to be hated on. but i like his new "**** the world" attitude that he has now. no sense in trying to please these so called "fans".
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWS View Post
Yeah, he gets treated like shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeFatherNSon View Post
Had your back, Timmy.
NWS is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 01:20 AM   #68
tliang1000
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 103865

How can anyone not admire a guy like Tim. Good father, good person and one of the biggest heart i've ever seen from a boxer. There is no quit in this guy.
tliang1000 is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 02:50 AM   #69
Withwhatsmine
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 75

I feel so happy for Tim to be in amazing fight
Withwhatsmine is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #70
o_money
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetsui View Post
We live in a world where right is wrong and wrong is right. I am a Muslim American of ****stani and Boricuan descent and a guy like Timothy Bradley, Andre Ward an example for my (future) kids because they value commitment and discpline you need to succeed in life.

At one point moreso than a guy like Khan who (hopefully it is in his past now) would say he's Muslim but turned out he wanted one more fling before getting married. Props to the mand **** the cursory boxing fan who doesn't realize a boxer doesn't decide who wins a lot of the time.
Good post bro. Alot or broken people in this world. Broken people side with wrong for their own selfish reasons. Raise your kids right. Its all you can do.
o_money is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 02:56 AM   #71
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Like Kellerman said, there's so much to like about Tim Bradley.
Bogotazo is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 03:06 AM   #72
Jorrvaskr
Gatekeeper
ESB Full Member

A lot of the outright hatred for Bradley comes from dipshit casuals who don't even follow the sport anyway. People that just saw him on the news as being winner of a robbery so they use that as excuse to trash him blindly. The fact that he doesn't have a built-in fanbase like a Pac, Marquez, or Floyd doesn't help his case, but tonight just proved he's as legit as they come.
Jorrvaskr is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 04:33 PM   #73
KillSomething
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 202

I really don't think Bradley lost the Pac fight. Just saying.

I feel bad for him, because he imo won the fight despite having injuries to both ankles early in the fight. I thought Pac fought terribly and gave the fight away and deserved to lose a close one that he probably could have won by knockout.

Understandably, if Pac loses a close fight his fans (who are mostly Manny fans, not boxing fans) there will be an uproar the likes of which you don't hear when Pac win a close fight.

Bradley had to feel like all the fans and the entire boxing establishment turned on him. He was expecting to finally get the exposure and recognition he's deserved and it totally backfired on him, and he doesn't even get the dignity of a rematch to set it to rest. I think it's because Arum knows he's a bad match for Manny and wants to cash Manny out against some names. Now when Bradley fights it's like Lamps is constantly trying to undermine him.

I really think Bradley needs to go to Showtime and try to get a Mayweather fight. I've said it before, the commentators there will treat him right and he'll get the exposure of fighting on Mayweather cards/being mentioned alongside Mayweather, Canelo, etc. Showtime has a much more positive approach toward boxing.

Bradley just needs to keep winning, collect belts, keep attaching his name to established fighters, and travel a bit to get fans/exposure elsewhere.

Marquez: Beat the legend that knocked out Manny...in Mexico City.
Khan: Destroying Khan in the UK would be a step toward stardom.
Garcia/Peterson/Matthysse: Beat the man at 140.
Guerrero/Mayweather winner: Mayweather ("I beat the guy that beat Manny") Could even fight Guerrero if his stock rises.
Brook/Alexander winner: Brook, in the UK. If Alexander wins **** it.
Malignaggi/Broner winner: Pick up a belt, gain exposure on East coast (Paulie)/or vs. next big thing (Broner).
Rios/Alvarado winner: Fun fight
Ortiz: Fun fight.
Lopez: Fun fight.
Thurman: Fun fight.
Maidana: Fun fight.

Bradley has a lot of fights left and just needs to move smart. I'd favor him against anyone except Marquez or Mayweather, and even losing a fight like that could help him.
KillSomething is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #74
PetethePrince
Slick & Redheaded
East Side VIP

vCash: 1200

Quote:
I find him mildly annoying. Still insists he beat Manny, which I can't blame him too much for. But on top of that he's started talking smack like he's suddenly got a tough guy image. I understand if he's trying to market himself but it just comes off as disingenuous.
This, but the wave of hate was extremely undeserved and Bradley eventually just became reactive to all of it. It's kind of understandable he created a "me against the world" kind of attitude after being lost after all that backlash.
PetethePrince is offline  Top
Old 03-17-2013, 04:52 PM   #75
Bogotazo
Amateur
East Side VIP

vCash: 121

Quote:
Originally Posted by PetethePrince View Post
This, but the wave of hate was extremely undeserved and Bradley eventually just became reactive to all of it. It's kind of understandable he created a "me against the world" kind of attitude after being lost after all that backlash.
Definitely. He's still all around a classy guy with a very accomplished career who fights with skill and with heart. Like I said, I'm only annoyed when he insists on saying he won, his performance last night demands respect and his overall persona is likable. No real reason to hate on him, it's puzzling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeFatherNSon View Post
It's not about wanting to fight them, it's about talkin tough and straight up insulting fighters when you probably don't mean the things you say and never acted like that before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDezi4 View Post
Suddenly isn't the right word... After how he was treated over a circumstance he had nothing to do with, he has the right to now be jaded...

The boxing world has not been kind to him, so why should he continue to kiss its ass?
His right to be jaded is kind of mitigated when he adds to the problem by insisting he won.
Bogotazo is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > General Boxing Forum