Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 08-23-2014, 10:16 AM   #1
Aquamarine
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default The Russians are coming..

CW:

Rakhim Chakhkiyev - Olympic games gold medal winner. Still has the potential to rebound after a loss to Krzysztof Wlodarczyk in a modern day classic in only his 17th fight.

Grigory Drozd - Hardly any amateur pedigree but recently defeated the highly touted pole Mateusz Masternak. About to challenge Krzysztof Włodarczyk for his WBC belt.

Denis Lebedev - Current WBA Champion. Scheduled to fight the unbeaten pole Paweł Kołodziej in September.

LHW:

Sergey Kovalev - Current WBO champion. About to fight to unify the division in only his 27th fight.

Artur Beterbiyev - Gold medal winner @ the World & European championships. Currently 5-0 as a pro & scheduled to fight former IBF champion Tavoris Cloud... Incredible!

Egor Mekhontsev - Gold medal winner @ the Olympics games. World & European championship gold medal winner also.

MW:

Gennady Golovkin - Current WBA champion. World championships gold medal winner & olympic silver medallist. (Father is Russian hence his inclusion)

Dmitry Chudinov - Current WBA interim champion.

Matt Korobov - Two time gold medal winner @ the WAC's. Currently 24-0 & scheduled to fight Peter Quillin for the WBO belt.

I suspect this is just the start too! Any Russian prospects you are keeping an eye on?
Aquamarine is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2014, 10:27 AM   #2
STB
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: Fighting out of London, by way of Limerick, Ireland!
Default Re: The Russians are coming..

Surely the vast majority of these guys are guys that have already made it.

They're not "coming", they're "here", most of them are currently or are former titlists.

The average age of those guys is 30+
STB is offline  Top
Old 08-24-2014, 08:29 PM   #3
Livershot09
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 10400
Thumbs up Re: The Russians are coming..

I was impressed with Vasily Lepikhin's last fight. Very tall light heavyweight. Did he sign with Main Events? I wouldn't mind seeing him back on US TV.

Maxim Vlasov I would throw in there at 168/175. Pretty solid guy. Also, like Lepikhin, he towers over most fighters at 6"3"1/2.

Dmitry Kudryashov is another Russian banger at CW. 14-0 with 14 knockouts. Heard he didn't look good in his last outing.
Livershot09 is offline  Top
Old 08-25-2014, 04:22 AM   #4
BoxingNL
Dutch P4P Champion
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1243

Khasan Baysangurov / Only 17 years old and 6-0 as pro. Big prospect
Apti Davtaev / Young heavyweight prospect
Vladimir Tereshkin / Little bit inactive, but a nice HW as well
BoxingNL is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 08:47 AM   #5
Aquamarine
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by STB View Post
Surely the vast majority of these guys are guys that have already made it.

They're not "coming", they're "here", most of them are currently or are former titlists.

The average age of those guys is 30+
LOL You took the thread title a bit too literally... Only a plum like you would get all bent up over something like that!

The thread is intended to HL the recent break-through of Russian fighters wether they have made it already or not!

I appreciate you going to the effort of using correct punctuation on my threads but have a **** before you post next time.

Provodnikov, Pirog, Gradovich & Povetkin are 4 more too! Looking very healthy for Russian boxing
Aquamarine is offline  Top
Old 08-26-2014, 08:54 AM   #6
STB
Champion
East Side Guru

Location: Fighting out of London, by way of Limerick, Ireland!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
LOL You took the thread title a bit too literally... Only a plum like you would get all bent up over something like that!

The thread is intended to HL the recent break-through of Russian fighters wether they have made it already or not!

I appreciate you going to the effort of using correct punctuation on my threads but have a **** before you post next time.

Provodnikov, Pirog, Gradovich & Povetkin are 4 more too! Looking very healthy for Russian boxing
"Plum"

Thats a new one.
STB is offline  Top
Old 08-31-2014, 10:25 AM   #7
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamarine View Post
CW:

Rakhim Chakhkiyev - Olympic games gold medal winner. Still has the potential to rebound after a loss to Krzysztof Wlodarczyk in a modern day classic in only his 17th fight.

Grigory Drozd - Hardly any amateur pedigree but recently defeated the highly touted pole Mateusz Masternak. About to challenge Krzysztof Włodarczyk for his WBC belt.

Denis Lebedev - Current WBA Champion. Scheduled to fight the unbeaten pole Paweł Kołodziej in September.

LHW:

Sergey Kovalev - Current WBO champion. About to fight to unify the division in only his 27th fight.

Artur Beterbiyev - Gold medal winner @ the World & European championships. Currently 5-0 as a pro & scheduled to fight former IBF champion Tavoris Cloud... Incredible!

Egor Mekhontsev - Gold medal winner @ the Olympics games. World & European championship gold medal winner also.

MW:

Gennady Golovkin - Current WBA champion. World championships gold medal winner & olympic silver medallist. (Father is Russian hence his inclusion)

Dmitry Chudinov - Current WBA interim champion.

Matt Korobov - Two time gold medal winner @ the WAC's. Currently 24-0 & scheduled to fight Peter Quillin for the WBO belt.

I suspect this is just the start too! Any Russian prospects you are keeping an eye on?

Western Boxing is starting to " get it ". Many of these guys are top level fighters with fan friendly styles. And there is good depth so the crusty critic types can't say yeah, but there's no one for him to fight as they do with Wlad.

I think we have some hall of fame fighters on this list, and if they meet each other in the ring, we are going to have some memorable fights!

I hope these guys can fight each other as Hearns, Hagler, Duran and Leonard did.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2014, 05:39 PM   #8
Tancred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Who going to be the next Russian amateur to make it big in the pro's
Tancred is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2014, 05:40 PM   #9
Tancred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Double post
Tancred is offline  Top
Old 09-02-2014, 06:33 PM   #10
The General
Contender
ESB Senior Member

vCash: 1418

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancred View Post
Who going to be the next Russian amateur to make it big in the pro's
Aloyan or omarov
The General is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2014, 06:20 AM   #11
Vysotskyy
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Aloyan or omarov
Chebotarev and Egorov will make very good pros too and there's always guys like Kovalev, Pirog, Kudryashov who never quite reach the top but become even better pros.
Vysotskyy is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2014, 07:54 AM   #12
The General
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vysotskyy View Post
Chebotarev and Egorov will make very good pros too and there's always guys like Kovalev, Pirog, Kudryashov who never quite reach the top but become even better pros.
Chebatarov is a bit too crude and it's been shown he can be out boxed easily

I like egorov but the same thing applies, his stamina looks poor too, reminds me of rakhim
Old 09-03-2014, 06:11 PM   #13
Tancred
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Thanks for the reply's
Tancred is offline  Top
Old 09-03-2014, 06:20 PM   #14
The General
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tancred View Post
Thanks for the reply's
i really sugest looking up Omarov, his 6'6 and when in concentrates and puts his punches together its very impressive
Old 09-06-2014, 04:09 PM   #15
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
i really sugest looking up Omarov, his 6'6 and when in concentrates and puts his punches together its very impressive
Wasn't he very young in the last Olympics? I think I remember him. An ascending talent.
Mendoza is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum