Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic Aussie MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum

Old 08-29-2013, 08:53 AM   #1
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000
Default Usyk, Kovalev, Golovkin, and Lomachenko

I believe all four men will win world titles. In fact Golovkin has won title at middle weight, and Kovalev has won a title at light heavyweight. Both men look like the future #1 man for years.

Usyk will likely win a cruiser weight title, and Lomachenko has too much talent not to win a title at lightweight.

Now for the hard part. If you have to make your best educated guess, rank them in terms of who will have the best professional career.
Mendoza is offline  Top
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2013, 12:16 PM   #2
Cletis VanDamme
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 928
Default Re: Usyk, Kovalev, Golovkin, and Lomachenko

1: Lomachenko
2: Golovkin
3: Kovalev
4: Usyk
Cletis VanDamme is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #3
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

I'm in the minority but I see Usyk as being more well-rounded and potentially even better suited to the pros than Lomachenko.

That isn't to say I take Vasyl lightly by any means - I'm just much higher on Oleksandr than most.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2013, 12:50 PM   #4
Cletis VanDamme
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post
I'm in the minority but I see Usyk as being more well-rounded and potentially even better suited to the pros than Lomachenko.
I don't like how Usyk lunges in or kind of "pushes his punches", like a Calzaghe slap but with an actual punch ( if you see what i mean).
Talent wise, i think he's the lesser of the 4.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:02 PM   #5
IntentionalButt
Nash Equilibrium Debunker
East Side VIP

vCash: 10000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis VanDamme View Post
I don't like how Usyk lunges in or kind of "pushes his punches", like a Calzaghe slap but with an actual punch ( if you see what i mean).
Yes, but I don't know that he won't eliminate that from his pro game realizing it won't be as effective for him or as easily gotten away with as in the amateurs. He is smart enough to.
IntentionalButt is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2013, 02:46 PM   #6
Mendoza
Dominating a decade
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cletis VanDamme View Post
Perhaps. I would place Usyk 4th as well, but I think GGG has hall of fame potential, and Lomachenko might have the best over all set of skills in a pound for pound sense.

Usyk A- prospect
Kovalev A prospect
Golovkin A+ propsect
Lomachenko A+ Prospect
Mendoza is offline  Top
Old 08-29-2013, 06:18 PM   #7
RealTalk
p4p realest on here
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 500

1 Lomachenko A*
2 Usyk A
3 Kovalev A
4 Golovkin A
RealTalk is offline  Top
Old 08-30-2013, 01:12 AM   #8
Kevin Willis
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 209

They're all white, so they suck. Sorry; Though I was on the general forum for a second.

I could not even begin and try to rank them. I have no freakin clue. I am just glad they are all fighting as pros and based in the States so I can get the most day to day info on them as possible.

TS-Loma is starting out at featherweight not lightweight.
Kevin Willis is online now  Top
Old 09-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #9
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntentionalButt View Post

That isn't to say I take Vasyl lightly by any means - I'm just much higher on Oleksandr than most.
How have you come to that conclusion? I'm a big fan of both but Usyk has a lot more to prove in the pro game, I question his power and his chin at this point. Beterbiev really walked through everything he could throw in their fights, and clearly wobbled him numerous times. As you probably know Beterbiev is going to be campaigning as a light heavy in the pro game.
Usyk also doesn't have the inside game of Lomachenko. The Nistor fight showed Usyk struggling as well, and that's his most recent fight. Usyk is a great talent but he looks vulnerable.
dealt_with is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2013, 01:26 AM   #10
Reggie Kray
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
How have you come to that conclusion? I'm a big fan of both but Usyk has a lot more to prove in the pro game, I question his power and his chin at this point. Beterbiev really walked through everything he could throw in their fights, and clearly wobbled him numerous times. As you probably know Beterbiev is going to be campaigning as a light heavy in the pro game.
Usyk also doesn't have the inside game of Lomachenko. The Nistor fight showed Usyk struggling as well, and that's his most recent fight. Usyk is a great talent but he looks vulnerable.
usyk looked briliant in the WSB against bigger men, he looked like a special talent and in that particular tournament lookked more impressive than Lomachenko

Usyk beat beterbiev thats all you need to know, beterbiev hurts everyone hes gonna be like the p4p number 1 puncher i reckon
Reggie Kray is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2013, 01:43 AM   #11
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie Kray View Post
usyk looked briliant in the WSB against bigger men, he looked like a special talent and in that particular tournament lookked more impressive than Lomachenko

Usyk beat beterbiev thats all you need to know, beterbiev hurts everyone hes gonna be like the p4p number 1 puncher i reckon
Beterbiev arguably beat Usyk in their olympic fight imo. Usyk did look very good apart from against Nistor, where his vulnerabilities were exposed again against a smaller opponent. Lomachenko fought higher level competition in the WSB as well.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:53 AM   #12
Vinnie Jones
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dealt_with View Post
Beterbiev arguably beat Usyk in their olympic fight imo. Usyk did look very good apart from against Nistor, where his vulnerabilities were exposed again against a smaller opponent. Lomachenko fought higher level competition in the WSB as well.
no way did beterbiev beat usyk did you even watch the fight lol
usyk is a great talent, **** the negativity

he never went down in any of those fights

Lomachenko and Usyk were both p4p number 1 and 2 in the amateurs , good chnace theyll be the same in the pros
Vinnie Jones is offline  Top
Old 09-01-2013, 01:57 AM   #13
dealt_with
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Jones View Post

Lomachenko and Usyk were both p4p number 1 and 2 in the amateurs , good chnace theyll be the same in the pros
I've watched the fight many times, Beterbiev bullied Usyk around the ring the whole time. Under the new amateur scoring there's zero doubt he would've won the fight. Usyk was clearly shaken up on numerous occasions and really feeling the body shots. I remember during the olympics many others shared the same opinion.
I'm not being negative, I'm a big fan of Usyk. But the fact is he looked vulnerable against Beterbiev and Nistor, so there are questions there he'll need to answer as a pro.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:56 AM   #14
Cletis VanDamme
Belt holder
ESB Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnie Jones View Post

Stop trolling, you'll make Usyk fans look like haters.

One of Usyk's best showing was last year against Medzhidov., i think he looked very good in that fight, especially given who was in front of him, that is a legit top tier super heavy.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #15
damagejackal
Journeyman
ESB Jr Member

vCash: 165

I had Beterbiev winning that aswell.

He might have trouble against the more compact-pressure type fighters as a Pro. I dont think he's built for rough inside fighting like Nistor an Artur
Against the more stationary target big guys tho, he'll be able to put to use all the technical skills, movement and show the impressive punch variety that he has.
damagejackal is offline  Top

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > European Boxing Forum