boxing

Forum Home Boxing Forum European British Classic MMA Training
Go Back   Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum

Old 01-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #1
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 500
Default Undefeated sensation,lost 2 close decisions to an immortal/than ruined by managers ba

I was a sensational prospect who went 44 fights without defeat, til I lost 2 squeaky decisions to an immortal. Was a champ til my famous manager foolishly matched me with a much bigger sensation who kod me and ruined me forever...My manager was to blame. I am ?
burt bienstock is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2015, 11:39 AM   #2
Drew101
Champion
East Side Guru

vCash: 1800
Default Re: Undefeated sensation,lost 2 close decisions to an immortal/than ruined by manager

Marty Servo
Drew101 is online now  Top
Old 01-06-2015, 12:22 PM   #3
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

Default Re: Undefeated sensation,lost 2 close decisions to an immortal/than ruined by manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew101 View Post
Marty Servo
Yes D, Marty Servo, who started his career with about 44 wins without defeat til he had the "pleasure" of meeting a chap named Ray Robinson who eked out 2 close decisions over the much shorter Servo. Eventually Servo spent 3 years in the Navy and later kod Freddie Cochrane to win the WW title. A bright future loomed ahead til his manager Al Weill [manager of Rocky Marciano later], matched the 8 pound lighter Servo with the MW
grenade throwing Rocky Graziano ,who was too strong for the smaller Servo who was kod with a bad deviated septum nose injury,which ended Servo's boxing career forever...A bad decision made by Al Weill...
Sponsored Links

Old 01-06-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
mcvey
P4P King
East Side VIP

vCash: 1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by burt bienstock View Post
Yes D, Marty Servo, who started his career with about 44 wins without defeat til he had the "pleasure" of meeting a chap named Ray Robinson who eked out 2 close decisions over the much shorter Servo. Eventually Servo spent 3 years in the Navy and later kod Freddie Cochrane to win the WW title. A bright future loomed ahead til his manager Al Weill [manager of Rocky Marciano later], matched the 8 pound lighter Servo with the MW
grenade throwing Rocky Graziano ,who was too strong for the smaller Servo who was kod with a bad deviated septum nose injury,which ended Servo's boxing career forever...A bad decision made by Al Weill...
Graziano feasted on a few welters.
mcvey is online now  Top
Old 01-06-2015, 01:33 PM   #5
scartissue
Contender
ESB Senior Member

Graziano once said, "I'm the best middleweight in the welterweight division." It was attributed to him anyway.
scartissue is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2015, 02:07 PM   #6
Bummy Davis
Undisputed Champion
East Side VIP

shame Marty was good and some guys are not supposed to move up. Napoles,Hagler,Monzon are good examples of wise decisions to stay in your own kingdom with Napoles making the mistake of being a V good little man moving up to fight a V good bigger man
Bummy Davis is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2015, 04:23 PM   #7
Boilermaker
Belt holder
ESB Addict

vCash: 685

Just reading boxrec, The judges scores for Robinson were 3-6 and 1-9 with one judge (the referee) having it 5-3 to Servo.

I have to say (without watching it of course) that in what seems to have been at worst a close fight, 1-9 really does seem a little dodgey, doesnt it?
Boilermaker is offline  Top
Old 01-06-2015, 07:50 PM   #8
burt bienstock
Champion
East Side Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker View Post
Just reading boxrec, The judges scores for Robinson were 3-6 and 1-9 with one judge (the referee) having it 5-3 to Servo.

I have to say (without watching it of course) that in what seems to have been at worst a close fight, 1-9 really does seem a little dodgey, doesnt it?
B, reading about those two fights between Robinson and Servo
those times, I recall they were very controversial decisions, and plenty of booing, after the decisions were rendered. Robinson at almost 6ft, towered over Marty Servo...Too bad that Servo lost 3 years in the service during what should have been his prime years, and of course the foolish move that Al Weill made matching up the 8 pound lighter Servo with the young and much bigger Rocky Graziano who was a load to face those days...Yessir.

Boxing News 24 Forum > Boxing > Classic Boxing Forum